Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Maps and OVI

Accepted Solution

Maps and OVI

How on earth do you get to load the maps on your pc and plan the routes etc????

All i get after installing ovi is the option to start map loader.

The only thing that does is loads maps onto the phone.
Please use plain text.

Can someone from Nokia tell me if this function which seems to be advertised on the web is indeed available?

From OVI suite on your PC you can plan a route on nokia maps then send it to your phone to use with nokia maps on the phone.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
simond3

I don't think Maps on OVI are available just yet.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

I think that all internet-based services are being moved into Ovi, but it isn't all ready yet. If you click the Maps link on Ovi.com it still takes you to the Nokia.com web site.

I've never seen the feature you describe advertised as available, only coming. Ovi Suite is at the moment just the new N-series PC Suite, it is also not yet fully integrated with Ovi online.
Please use plain text.
Sage
rabi666

mccbluer is wright ( he or she ) has lots of experience on maps and the nokia ,,helped me once and i am thankful ,, i think maps are not quiet ready at ovi yet ,be patient it's coming soon.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil , is for good men to do nothing .
Please use plain text.