Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Message from OVI Nokia App everyday at 130am H...

Counsellor
greentoy

Message from OVI Nokia App everyday at 130am How do I turn it off?

I am getting a message from OVI Nokia App everyday at 130am How do I turn it off? It's driving me crazy.  It seems to be an internally generated message as I cannot respond to stop it or anything.  It says "Cool app on Nokia's Ovi Store" and has a different app everyday.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bipapeloula

Re: Message from OVI Nokia App everyday at 130am How do I turn it off?

hello,

I'm french and have the same problem... but i cannot find the solution , I'm fed up!! i can't stop this message!! grrrrrrrrrr

Please use plain text.
arasgint

i'm getting the same message :smileysad: it;s really anoying... wakes me up everynight... girlfriend is crazy too... planing to install software wich will turn the sound off at that time... or going to contact nokia team... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
elisoft

I send several emails to Nokia and to OVI support to stop the continuious messages with ' cool nokia ovi apps'.  I am waiting for the answer (for a short time)

It is very irritating to get that sms every day.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
david0032

Hi all, 
I had this SMS too,
only way to end is to contact your local Nokia,
I did it , and is down for me.  
It take 1 week. 

2/5/2011

Please use plain text.
imok

I'm sorry but I'm laughing..... it's not that I don't feel for you all, but how ironic and "uncool" to be getting unsolicited advertising for apps... don't feel alone. I've developed a twitch and a stutter since I got my phone as it seems to be possessed in other ways that have frustrated me to the point of near insanity. Isn't technology grand? Thanks! the laughter has calmed me such that my twitching has ceased... now if I could only stop rocking & drooling. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

if you are suffering from this same issue, feel free to post the phone number, where these messages are coming from, on this thread.

This will help Nokia to investigate and fix this issue. Thanks!

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakivi

Hello,

Some content items in Ovi Store have been sending out unwanted sms messages. So far seems like they are all from the publisher ‘CareMe’. The applications have a function that simulates a SMS being sent to the consumer. Many of these applications are actually “hidden” from the applications menu. Therefore to remove the “sms” and the application, please delete the application from the “installed applications” menu.

The SMS “feature” is now removed from updated versions of CareMe applications available at Ovi Store so if you still want to use those applications, please re-download the affected application(s) from Ovi Store.

If you notice some other than CareMe application sending SMS, please let us know preferably via Report abuse feature available at Ovi Store.

Please use plain text.