Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Mobile StrongBOX

Thaumas

Mobile StrongBOX

Good evening, I have an E6 recently updated to Symbian Belle.  I purchased Mobile StrongBOX from OVI store but have not been unable to download it in spite of having retried many times from the My Stuff area of the store.  Download attempts return the 'installation error' message every time.  Installation preferences are correct and I have plenty of memory.  There seems no reason why it should not download as the store indicates the application is available for this phone and software.  Any ideas?  How can I get my money back if I can not download? 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi Thaumas,

Welcome to the forum! First of all, please make sure you have the right time, date and time zone in your phone. 

If it still fails, please try to install it using Nokia Suite > Connect phone to PC > Login > Go to Nokia Store > Login > Select your device > Download via PC.

Please let me know if this does not work either and the exact error message you get.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Thaumas

Hi Jampe

Thanks for the advice.  Time, date and timezone and are correct.  Have tried again but, as before, installation runs for a while and then I get the error message:  "Unable to complete installation.  Download file again.  Installation error".

I have tried dowloading via Nokia Suite but in Nokia Store the app is marked as having already been downloaded and is not available to download again (although it is still available to dowload when I access the store via my mobile).

The phone is connecting via wi-fi.

Anything else I can try?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

Please delete the installation file if it can be found from Menu > Settings > Installations > Already installed / To be installed. Then try to download again. If it still does not work, please try the following actions and in between see if it works.

Make a backup with Nokia Suite. Type in *#7780# followed by lock code (default is 12345). This is soft reset, no data lost. The settings will be restored to factory state.

You can also reinstall the phone software. The process is the same as when updating with Nokia Suite, but at the end select "Reinstall".

If it's still the same, type in *#7370#. This is  hard reset, phone memory will be wiped. Restore back up.

Hope you get the application!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.