Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Ovi Store problems

Registered Member
kelvin_nunez

-DONE! 

HI LET MY TELL ALL OF YOU, THAT IT DOES NOT WORK! IT MAY FIX SOME OTHER STUFF BUT NOT THE OVI. I FOUND THE SOLUTION AND IT'S VERY SIMPLE, SO EVERYONE SHOULD JUS GO AHEAD AND DO IT SINCE IT GAVE ME A HEADACHE OF ALMOST 2 MONTHS, TILL NOW! 
-GO TO APPLICATION MANAGER 
-THEN GO TO INSTALLED APPS. 
-SCROLL DOWN AND UNISTALL THE C++ LIBRARY FILES, BOTH OF THEM, THEY CAN ALSO BE CALLED “Open C LIBSSL Common” AND “Open C LIBSSL Patch” 
-UNISTALL THOSE FILES 
-RESTART THE PHONE 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ash277771

i have the same problem i need help pro

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
briscard

hello.i have a problem with ovi suite.i've downloaded it on my computer(windows vista basic),installed it but when i connect my phone(nokia N8),nothing happens in ovi suite mode.it seems like the phoneis not recognised by the computer.on the phone,connection is active but nothing.i've tried many times but my phone is not visible.i dont know what to do.please help me.thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

hey everybody i had the same problems as you , i jus installed the qt viewer and qt webkit and now it is working

i am using qt version 4.7.3

i posted the links of the file i used

http://www.mediafire.com/?aasjo8nj0uhw8gi 

unpack these files with winrar

Please use plain text.
cobden56

Hi folks, only just purchased the N8 phone and getting the feeling I have made an error!

Having a number of connection problems but will start with the

"unable to connect to OVI store" one 1st

I have loaded OVI to the PC and I am able to download maps to the phone in "mass memory" not been able to place on the extra memory card I added. But I can open maps and get navigation (downloaded the beta version of map software as notes in the forums seem to say lot better and safety camera info could be used)

Sorry but lot of this is new, my old phone was just that a phone.

Looks like the additional info for the maps is via the OVI store? I have been trying to get in to the store all day using wifi and the mobile route keep getting unable to "connect to service try later"

There seems to be lots of comments about this problem but no std. Solution.

Can anybody help?

Please I am struggling with the menus and how to get to the options (documentation seem to be a bit lacking for such an expensive phone from one of the major people in the business) so idiots guide please  

Please use plain text.
Sage

I have a problem too
the installed apps list on my phone(ovistore) only displays 10 apps ( with about 10 more blank boxes) the others flash and disappear but will not display them.
can you fix?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sgkichN8

I have recently updated ovi sotre to 2.12 but an error message cannot load FEAPI' store API1 is displayed and it crashes.what is the solution.Everytime a new store update is available this type of problem arises.

Thanks in advance

SGK 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,   Evidently there are many problems (SW) with Nokia N8. Each device has its own bugs. Users are trying to solve. It seems a solution worked on one not necessarily suitable to another. Is Nokia doing anything?

Hard to lose confidence on Nokia.  Harder to through away $600.

Sample problems:

1)c:smileytongue:hone memory is being consumed Up to 20MB/day w/o any known reason, w/o any visible file to monitor or delete. Phone becomes unstable. (THERE IS AV)

2) Ovi Store would not run after the device update about 4months ago.

Instructions provided by Nokia not helping. Posted discussions not helping either1

RESPECT TO ALL

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ziadzms975

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank u bro :smileyhappy: it worked very fine on my n8 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ziadzms975

just delete Open C LIBSSL Common” AND “Open C LIBSSL Patch” , restart ure phone and downlod and install ovi store
Please use plain text.
Advisor
21empark

Hi everyone, 
Ever since I have brought my nokia n8,

I am having trouble with accessing my ovi store,

when I first switched my  phone on, it asked me to upgrade my ovi store,

since then I am unable to access it,

whenever I open the ovi store,

a screen appears that says ''welcome to ovistore''

and then it just keeps loading perpetually,

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
raggwai

am having the same problem here
and i can't seem to find any solution

so help every one plz
and i don't have these 2 c++ libraries on my phone either
Please use plain text.
cyanblue3

Me too, having problems with Ovi store, i can see available apps in store but i can't install and can't log into my account.  It just keeps on loading when pressing sign in but no display appearing.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
spacehen

Guys, I had the problem.

Did the following:

0) BACKUP PHONE. PICS, MUSIC ETC. NOT APPLICATIONS.

1) FORMAT MASS MEMORY

2) Hard reset: VOLUME DOWN BUTTON + CAMER BUTTON + MENU BUTTON + ON SWITCH. KEEP THEM PRESSED UNTIL DE PHONE STARTS AGAIN.-

3)To know you have done a hard reset, the phone should ask u the for the country u r in.

4) REINSTALL PHONE SOFTWARE WITH OVI SUITE.

5) APPLY THE UPDATES WITH OVISUITE (SYMBIAN ANNA 1 AND 2 AND OVI STORE)

6) PROBLEM SOLVED.

7) REINSTALL ALL 3RD PARTY APPS.

Have fun-

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

I did a hard reset, still no luck, even tried 3 diff installers for Ovi (33) (43) and (45)....pathetic that Nokia dont have a fix for this, if this is their NEW software....I feel sorry for them, Android and iOS things just work!!!!!

Please use plain text.
ado333

hey people dis might help...

1) *#0000# click option and check for  updates...

after ur phne is updated to Anna

2) go to SW updater and download n instal anna update 1/2 and 2/2 including ovi 14mb and social...

your phone will restart then try ur ovi....

it worked for me....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
backisnickel

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hyder1754

Try the Nokia beta labs new store client http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/store-qml-client

Please use plain text.
Mithu1270

[ Edited ]

Thanks dead-princess,
I'm too facing the problem, please if u find any solution please knock me.
Please send me a personal message

MODERATOR NOTE: Email adress removed.

Please do not share personal information publicly on the forum

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tomasifabio1

The new Version of store: 3.16.036 (download now)

solves the issue:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/store-qml-client

bye

Please use plain text.