Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8: problem with OVI Social Network

Registered Member
nissann14

You need to change some setting you will ask to go on to your Sim card provider Internet once you have got on to the net wifi will be connected . But you will need to fix some settings like / menu / settings / connectivity / settings / data use in home network = always ask \ Nokia needs to get the software so we all can connect to ovi site with wifi they are in a harry to get sales in stead of looking after it customers  so I hop one day .

Please use plain text.
usrahdewa

hi there, i have accidentally delete the social networks app from my phone. how and where can i download it?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
goodN8

Just connect to the Ovi-Suite an check for Updates. It'll say updates available. When you click on "Install" next to it you can choose the social networking app and reinstall it. Any ideas about the other problems? My app tells me to sign in to my nokia account before being able to connect to any social network. But where actually do I have to sign in? The Ovi-Store?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yvraj007

i have geting the same problem, ovi is not working in nokia n8, same network problem

Please use plain text.
deepakian

hiii all, ovi social is not working on my n8 from 8th jan, everytime i try to log in to facebook or twitter accout it says " unable to connect to gateway, try later " . please help me guys  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jnana1987

same here....since jan 8 facing problems while connecting it with ovi social network.....it says "unable to connect gateway. please try again later..." also my n8 automatically goes to loudspeaker mode while talking over phone in handsfree....whats going on??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BlrUser

Me to... its just stuck with that message for past 3days.... it give the same error when I connect with my data plan or with wifi. Not sure whom to contact. Any idea how to fix this issue. I deleted all connection points and re connected but still the issue persists

Please use plain text.
deepakian

guys plzzzzz help if any one knows how to solve this problem , still my social is saying unable to conncet to gateway please try later,  i m really frustrated now, " if any nokia officials are reading this please help us out of this problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hits

Even I am facing same problem please help... Problem occur when I restored factory settings...

Please use plain text.
rajmona

Same here please help me asap , me to facing the problem with N8. please let me know if u get a solution for it .

Please use plain text.
Ashok1985

Well guys am also having the same issues can someone be of any help and solve this issue for a common good.....
Please use plain text.
parvez_sheikh

NEW PROBLEM:

When I use my nokia social networks to log onto twitter it shows "gateway problem", I have faced this issue earlier but intermittently, but for last two days its continuous, anyone facing the same.

My twitter account is easily accessible through other applications from my phone, only social networks have a problem.

Trying to wrap people in the cocoon of seamless connectivity during their mobility.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jgam

pls i m getting the same problem unable to connect to gateway after restoring factory settings, formating my phone from delete n restore, getting an ovi mail account, n also asked my service provider for new settings
Please use plain text.
deepakian

hi guys i m still facing the same prob...... can any 1 help me out of this **bleep**

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gaykar_rakesh

i have getting same error i visit to nokia store they saying this is software issue

Please use plain text.
rajmona

But i visited the Nokia Store they denied for teh same as they said me to call to the Nokia toll free no & register complaint , & my complaint is on resolution for the time period for 5 days TAT...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gaykar_rakesh

hello,

if any nokia people please lok in this issue i bought n8 last month every thing is fine but last 10 days i m fasing problem when i m open SOCIAL apps and try to login in FACEBOOK it giving me error "UNABLE TO CONNECT GATEWAY PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER" i restore factory setting but problem not solve after that i go to NOKIA CARE they  REINSTALL software but till i m geting same issue i caled to nokia care helpline the exuecative says this is "NOKIA SOCIAL SERVER" problem but i m not satisfied with this answer please help me if i pay 25000 for phone so why my problem till not fix  please  give me solution ASAP

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gaykar_rakesh

problem with OVI Social Network in n8

hello,

if any nokia people please lok in this issue i bought n8 last month every thing is fine but last 10 days i m fasing problem when i m open SOCIAL apps and try to login in FACEBOOK it giving me error "UNABLE TO CONNECT GATEWAY PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER" i restore factory setting but problem not solve after that i go to NOKIA CARE they  REINSTALL software but till i m geting same issue i caled to nokia care helpline the exuecative says this is "NOKIA SOCIAL SERVER" problem but i m not satisfied with this answer please help me if i pay 25000 for phone so why my problem till not fix  please  give me solution ASAP

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gaykar_rakesh

"UNABLE TO CONNECT GATEWAY PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER" in nokia n8 social

please give me solution asap i m wating for solution

Please use plain text.
deepakian

Re: "UNABLE TO CONNECT GATEWAY PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER" in nokia n8 social

Hi guys,

i went to nokia care yesterday and the nokia care person told me that ovi is facing problem all over the world and nokia is in process to resolve the problem, he showed me his N8 , even he was facing the same problem.......

Please use plain text.