Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8: problem with OVI Social Network

Advisor
stardust85
Accepted Solution

N8: problem with OVI Social Network

Hi, yesterday I bought a Nokia N8 sheep but I have a problem with Social Network ... when I start up I get an error message "network not available. Riprobare later" I connect to the wlan. I have to bring it back to the store or is it a problem you can sisolvere??
thanks

Please use plain text.

Re: N8: problem with OVI Social Network

I have the same problem. I bought the cell last friday and, since the first moment, I can't use the social app 'cuase of some connection problem. Please tell us what's wrong.

Tnx in advance

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
genobz

even i m facing the same problems..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
stardust85

Now works :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
doger75

i am still having a problem with this every time i thr the app i get a message come up scrip alert: sorry,please uninstall and reinstall communities can someone please help me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
patrickng88

i also cant log in it took me about 5 to 10 mins n still cannot lo....how to slove n i register le..thanks..n i just buy for 2 days only

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kh73

i have the same problem. have you found a solution?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yahoooza

i ve bought the n 8 yesterday and i have the same problem, the phone dont want to connect to my nokia acount(i need to connect to my nokia account to get into the main menu of the social network client), ovi store works fine but the social network client dont

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
patrickng88

i still can't slove it yet... I Can sign in to the ovi store but No matter what i try, i just can't sign in to social network... If you know le let me know... I still finding solution..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
patrickng88

i have found the solution le...go to <menu><setting><phone><phone management><factory setting><delete data & restore> this is what i do...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hotonice

I have this Problemm too , ( Germany ) , but if i go with WIFI , thats works , only wirh Internet not works ( C7 too )

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
krossdal86

How can this be solved when there is no solution ?? I'm having the same problem in Iceland.. :smileysad: I Please tell us how you solved it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lisa82

My nokia N8 was great first 2 weeks now in the third week Its Going funny... On the front of the phone there is a social network You press and connects immediatly but recently it wont connect me says i need to sign into my ovi account but i never had to before it used to save my details and even now if i sign in it doesnt work does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it. please thank you.;.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
brendonambrose

Same issue. 

Topic says solved yet there are no instructions on how to do so?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JOHNFIRST

I have not been able to connect to anything OVI constantly tells me to try again. Definately something wron but NOKIA NOT SAYING.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tiggerbiene1

I think your are talking about 2 different Problems.

The Problem of no connect to the Ovi-Store is settled by the Proxy IP-Adress-Configuration in the Telephone.

Without setting the Proxy you can´t connect to the Ovi-Store. You will find your IP-Adress for the connection on the web-Side of your Hoster. To set the IP-Adress choose

Menu - Settings - connections - Settings - Targets - internet

Choose your internet connection and then Options - more options

There you have got to fill in your Proxy-IP.

The other Problem with the social Network won´t work with this Proxy. Maybe there is a Problem with the Proxy-Port (which is in my case 80). That won´t work at all.... If anybody get this fixed... Please tell me!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajbrar

I am also facing issue with n8, when I am trying to connect social network  it shows that "getting services" and then I am getting error "Network is not available. Please try again later".

When I purchased N8 then everything was good. I was able to open social network , then I changed my network 'Airtel' to 'aircel'.

Now not able to get that application.

Other application are working fine even I can download apps from OVI store.

Please suggest me how can I resolve this issue?

stardust85 wrote:

Hi, yesterday I bought a Nokia N8 sheep but I have a problem with Social Network ... when I start up I get an error message "network not available. Riprobare later" I connect to the wlan. I have to bring it back to the store or is it a problem you can sisolvere??
thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajbrar

please send me the solution to work social networks.
Please use plain text.
Mithil

If any one gets a

"scrip alert: sorry,please uninstall and reinstall communities "

you have to format (to format, click on call and hit *#7370#) your phone in order to get social application to the working state.

Imp note: if you backup and restore the memory(phone settings) (but you can backup data like contacts, notes, messages, etc.) after format, problem will persist and you will not be able to use the social application again. 

-Mithil

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

N8: problem with OVI Social Network and apllication

my N8 is finished I have since 1moth but is allways c'ant turn on i have download yesterday one apllication from ovi after this action i c'ant turn on my N8 is dead.......

so; what is the sollution haw can i protected the soft of mya N8 beacause there are many problem when we connecte it to the web..................

i buy it 500euro i have nothing................

Please use plain text.