Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA MOBILE PROMO

Registered Member

NOKIA MOBILE PROMO

To whom it may concern

I have received an sms about a promotion going on in which a money prize is won if your number is selected through a computer ballot system. On receiving this sms one has to send an e-mail to nokia_pro@live.com which I did. Below I am coping the reply they sent me and asking you if this is truly valid and whether it is safe to send the required scan and the form.

Regards
Michela-Marie Mifsud
Malta

Dear Beneficiary,

Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Barr. Alan Gray. I am the Nokia Claims agent assigned to winners from the Asian / Middle East Region of the Mobile Sweepstakes.

As part of their New Year Customer Incentives, The Nokia Company has rolled out £46,000.000.00 (fourtysix Million Great Britain Pounds) for the new years Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

We the staffs of NOKIA Inc. congratulates you as one of our lucky winners. Your mobile number have won you the sum of £250,000.00 GBP (Two Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds) and all information concerning the facilitation of your claims will commence as soon as you fill and submit the NOKIA PAYMENT RELEASE FORM attached to this message.

Every section on the form.. to the best of your knowledge MUST be correct so as to avoid any form of falsification which could render the form useless and might lead to disqualification.
Note: that your funds have been insured and no deductions of any kind can be made on your funds due to the following reasons below

(1) Funds has been Insured to an High Insurance policy that make it difficult to deduct from.
(2) Beneficiary is the one to pay for any Imposed Charges against his/her funds.
(3) The British Government stated in The BHC Law book 45-1 stanza 12, That winning funds should be remitted In exact value of amount won to winner.

YOUR WON PRIZE IS CONSISTING OF A NOKIA N95 SERIES MOBILE PHONE AND A CERTIFIED LLOYDS BANK CHEQUE OF £250,000.00 GBP WHICH WILL BE ISSUED OUT IN YOUR NAME AND CAN BE CASHED AT ANY LOCAL BANK IN YOUR COUNTRY, AND ALL NOKIA ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES REGARDING THIS PROMOTION.

PAYMENT RELEASE FORM
FORM NO. CN503/09
______________________________ _______________________

NAME:_________________________ _______________
Surname Middle name First name

WINNING MOBILE NUMBER_____________

VERIFICATION NUMBER________________________ _____

Delivery Address:
______________________________ ______________________________ ______
______________________________ ______________________________ ______

DECLARATION
I ______________________________ ____________ hereby confirm that all the information given above and attached copies of Identification is to the best of my Knowledge and is true and correct. Any tempering or falsification of the above data render this claim invalid and void.

Finally, You are required to send to this office, a scanned copy of any legally identifying Document.

Once again, Do accept our hearty congratulations.
............................... .............................. ................................. .............................. ......
......................................................................................................................................
This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents
Copyright 2008 Nokia.com. All rights reserved.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: NOKIA MOBILE PROMO

It's a well-known hoax which, by the way, has nothing to do with connectivity.

At best nothing will happen. At the worst your identity will be stolen by criminals.

Leave well alone.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

To whom it may concern

I have received an sms about winning a money prize. I want to confirm this.

Message Edited by ssarvesh on 14-Jul-2009 03:42 PM
Please use plain text.

To whom it may concern

Can you confirm this for me please?

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

These messages are all hoaxes. Nokia's official response is here:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=news&thread.id=608

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Do you people not read threads before appending to them?

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I receved letter and I want to know is that true?

letter:

"Richard A Simonson" <cashsplash009@nokia.com>

28.08.2009 11:35

Please respond to
"Richard A Simonson" <cashsplash009@live.com>
To
<ogorshkova@tdera.ru>
cc

Subject
Hello

Attention ogorshkova@tdera.ru,

You or someone submitted your information for the 2009 Nokia Europe Cash Splash Promo and we are using this medium to officially notify you that the result of the promo has been released. Below is the list of winners and the amounts they have won respectively.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Once again, please read previous posts in this thread before posting an identical question yourself.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ijiym

[ Edited ]

MY NAMES ARE IJI OPEYEMI ISAAC, FROM NIGERIA, I RECEIVED A MESSAGE ON MY NOKIA PHONE NO. 08065441326 THAT I WON 415,OOO POUNDS IN THE NOKIA ANNUAL PROMO. SOME DOCUMENTS WAS SEND TO MY E-MAIL ADDRESS  FOR MY TO FILL, SCAN AND SEND WITH MY PASSPORT WIHICH I DID, I AM STII WAITING FOR REPLY ON HOW TO CASH MY PRICE. ATTACHED IS MY PASSPORT, THANKS

Moderator Note: E-mail address removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

@ijiym-

Sorry for sounding rude, but you have all the time in the world to wait for a reply, but do not have time to read the other posts on this thread... If you can spare some time doing this even now.. you will save lot of your time...(and probably money..)

In short, just keep away from such silly mails/messages.. and do not provide any personal details.. Instead of getting something for FREE.. you will loose all your hard earned too...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]

These hoaxes are just so OBVIOUS that anyone who gets suckered into them deserves everything they get. I'm sorry if I sound overly harsh and intolerant but it is just beyond me how people can hand over things like bank account details and passports to complete strangers and not expect things to go wrong. Tell me, if it was really Nokia organising something like this, would they be using a yahoo, hotmail, gmail or whatever e-mail address? Come on....

Please use plain text.