Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 hanging problem

Contributor
nikunj721991
Accepted Solution

Nokia 500 hanging problem

I am using nokia 500 symbian anna. i bought my phone in february. Since some days my phone

hanging. In a day atleast one time it hang. And i want to update my phone from anna to belle but

my many friends suggest me to not to update it because there is same hanging problem more than

anna. Dear nokia, this days your value is getting down because of such these kind of problem. i am

fan of nokia and i am very disappointed by it. So please do something about this. Please fix those

bugs of anna & belle. Please fix everything.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey Nikunj721991, Welcome to the Nokia forum.

A Calls connection hanging once every now and then is normal for any mobile phone and in most cases cannot be prevented as many factors can cause this to happen.

If you believe it is the fault of the device, please update your device to the latest software and see if the problem persists or not, if it does, please also check the condition of your SIM card as it could cause problems with connection if it is damaged.

I hope this helped to explain your query.

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nikunj721991

yes i can understand that but my friends suggest me to not update my phone from anna to belle because they have same hang problem. In symbian Belle Can i set my menu like symbian anna?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

I suggest that you update your device to Belle as it provide alot of extra features and improvements to the device.

You are still able to customize your home screen menu.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zahed_ullah

even after update to belle.it hangs......nokia will loose customers due to such worthless cellphones like nokia 500......wake up nokia....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lufni

the problem it's in "Social" sofware..
i just remove the "social" an it's never hank again..
if you want to open facebook or twetter just download "opera mini"..

i don't know why nokia never fix the bug from this software..???????????????????????????????
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bunker_king

nokia 500 had many bugswhen it was launched initially with symbian anna....a lot of bugs hav been fixed and the interface has become a lot smoother after the symbian belle refresh was released...but on problem tat i face right now is that the phone wont go past the loading screen wen switched on.....this started happening after i installed netquin anti virus...wot do i do to get my phone working again?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bunker_king

update ur phone to the latest version of symbian belle....

a lot of bugs of the  "SOCIAL" app has been fixed...wudnt call it perfect, but its way better than b4 and loads faster too...twitter and FB works fyn...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lionsofassam

I was a big fan of nokia. One day was when i trust in nokia only as a king of mobile, but unfortunately nokia 500 realesed to market , i bought in 10k , after one day it starts hangging n auto restart atleast once in a week. I go 2 castomer care they try to make me foolish by upgrade my sftware after that it hangs more. I was realy mantaly discourged by throughing 10000 in water. After that my mobile go to company twice ,nothing banified but it starts to hang constantly . I have bought a chinese mob. Name richtel , it is working excellent which i bought in just 2000. Finaly , nokia is try 2 make customer follish.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lionsofassam

DONT MISS THE CAUSE OF HANGGING OF NOKIA 500: (at 1st i informed u that i am a ENGINEER IN ELECTRONICS.)
I am going to tell u with sad that hangging of nokia 500 cant be cured, because it is a HARDWARE problem. I am a losser of 10000rs by buying this defected phone.
Now i am going to tell the cause for which nokia500 hangs frequently.
1) it has a 1ghz processor quite good , but it has only 256 mb ram which is too short for the powerfull processor. U see others phone of nokia like asha which has only 800mhz proccesor but 512 mb ram so nokia asha hasnot hang problem. This is the main reson for hangging .
2) it has a battery which warmtp soon , after use for only 30mintuse. For this heat it starts to hang after more than 40 mintutes use .
I WANT 2 TELL A FAQ. That NOKIA 500 Has NO SOFTWARE PROBLEM IT HAS HARDWARE PROBLEMS. Which CANT BE CURED AT ALL.
TRUST ME .
I AM ALSO VERY SAD WITH MY NOKIA 500.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lik_awang

wow, so glad i read this cause i've planned to buy it, not anymore
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lufni

time to sell this defice..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
H_sikander

how can I get symbian anna updated to belle? and is it safe to update the software??

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

To update the software, you need to have Nokia Suite on your computer. Once you have connected the phone, the application will detect if there is an available update for you to download. With regards to safety, just follow the instructions and be reminded not to disconnect the device during the process.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Amandeep99

Hey.....I would be giving u all a suggestion that after updating phone from anna to belle.......The hanging problem is almost removed..!!!

So kindly update your phone and enjoy the new experience...Its BETTER..!!!!

Please use plain text.
Amandeep99

You can update your phone from Menu>Software update>Play it through nokia suite on ur pc....!!!!!

I would tell u that it is totally safe and has no risk at all...!!!!

Even the new one Is FAR BETTER....!!!!!
Please use plain text.