Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C7-00 can´t open OVI Store

Registered Member
lukasged

Nokia C7-00 can´t open OVI Store

Hi , i bought my Nokia C7 a few weeks ago and  , suddenly , liek a week ago , the OVI Store stopped working ... I haven´t done any hard resets  , nothing of that  . I only installed games and apps  , and the Qt . When i try to run OVI Store  , it shows the " OVI Nokia "  screen for like 10 seconds , and return to the phone´s main menu .... i tried uninstalling it from the app manager , but it does nothing when i choose " unisntall "  , tried to download the newest ovi store from their page , but the isntallation reaches 100% and returns " installation failed "  ... what should i do ? Help me pls , I would appreciate that . Thank you 

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Re: Nokia C7-00 can´t open OVI Store

a) Where did you get Qt download?

b) What version of Qt did you install?

Thanks

lukasged wrote:

Hi , i bought my Nokia C7 a few weeks ago and  , suddenly , liek a week ago , the OVI Store stopped working ... I haven´t done any hard resets  , nothing of that  . I only installed games and apps  , and the Qt . When i try to run OVI Store  , it shows the " OVI Nokia "  screen for like 10 seconds , and return to the phone´s main menu .... i tried uninstalling it from the app manager , but it does nothing when i choose " unisntall "  , tried to download the newest ovi store from their page , but the isntallation reaches 100% and returns " installation failed "  ... what should i do ? Help me pls , I would appreciate that . Thank you 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xemm

I have the same problem here with C7. I cant delete music albums from library. It seems delete but stil shows empty album names.  And call center told me to hard reset, and after that I can't install Ovi store, can't install Ovi maps. Nokia Shop tried to upgrade but doesnt solve my problem. What can I do?

Please use plain text.
tw80

I also cannot open ovi store. I was able to open it once and I downloaded 2 apps but since christmas day it wont open. It says "unable to connect to service" "Try Again"/"Exit Ovi Store". The internet works fine on any WLAN, can go on facebook or any other internet page. Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, I have the same problem. Normally I use wlan at home and it's great - I can use internet, Skype and so on, but Ovi Store failes. Today I realized by chance that if I use the connection of my mobile network operator (mobile internet) I can open Ovi Store and I can download applications. I don't know why, but this way it works.

Please use plain text.
tw80

I tried that and it still didnt work

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Try to reinstall Ovi Store, maybe it helps. I also did it but actually I don't really know what was the most helpful thing. Using wifi it's still not working, using mobile net it's ok. The sam for the social app: it was not working with wifi, but after reinstalling it's ok. I'm afraid there are great problems with Ovi in general. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
benf177

Same problem! Ich habe das C7 seit Ende November. Ovi Store funktionierte meistens erst nach dem 2. oder 3. Versuch. Seit ca. Weihnachten funktioniert Ovi Store nicht mehr. Ich versuchte um diese Zeit ein kostenpflichtiges App mehrmals herunterzuladen, das ist mir aber nie gelungen. Schade, sonst bin ich sehr zufrieden mit dem Gerät. Zum Glück habe ich herausgefunden, wie die Apps über den PC geladen werden können - ausser eben diesem kostenpflichtigen App, das habe ich immer noch nicht. Ich hoffe auf ein Update von Nokia.... Gruss
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shineels

..i got my C7 a week ago..problem is the other way around...i can access different websites with the internet settings provided by my mobile provider but the ovi store opens only with WLAN..:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RFricike

How operable Ovi Store only WLAN on a contact ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DonMarques

Same problem was here, only connection through cell networg. This morning my C7 died and i made hard reset. Now I cann't restore ovi store. What can i do now? Nokia, do somthing!!! at least, advice what to do

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

a) Go to Applications Manager

b) Scroll down. Uninstall all instances of Open C LIBSSL Common & Standard C++ Library Common. If you see PIPS Installer, uninstall it as well.

c) Download Qt 4.7.3 from here: http://mobileplanet-waryam.blogspot.com/2011/04/qt-mobility-v112-qt-v473-qtwebkit-v408.html

d) Install in this order: qt.sis, qtwebkit.sis, qtmobility.sis, then reboot.

What version of Qt did you install????

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

If you do not have Ovi Store, just point your browser to store.ovi.com and it should have a link where to download it again...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
CameronS

@childofthewo_mj

This worked for me. I tried all possible options and solutions, and this was the only thing that actually worked. The key seemed to be deleting the C libraries.

Thanks VERY much!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shaikhnaif2

[ Edited ]

hell yeah; you r awesome childofthewo_mj, i tried all kinds of **bleep** but installing ovi was a pain in the **bleep** : u r the man. thanx. i owe u an ovi store. lol

Moderator Note: Offensive language removed. Please do not try to circumvent our language filters.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shaikhnaif2

[ Edited ]

installing qt 4.7.3 is not that imp. i already had 4.7.2 which worked for me, just kick those **bleep** library files out & restart the phone and that should do it.

Moderator Note: Language edited. Please show some respect towards other users of this public forum.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Yes. I agree.

These components crash any Qt apps!

b) Scroll down. Uninstall all instances of Open C LIBSSL Common & Standard C++ Library Common. If you see PIPS Installer, uninstall it as well.

They were required by previous instanced of Qt, but 4.7.2 and 4.7.3 does not. BTW, 4.7.3 shows improved stability over 4.7.2. 

shaikhnaif2 wrote:

installing qt 4.7.3 is not that imp. i already had 4.7.2 which worked for me, just kick those **bleep** library files out & restart the phone and that should do it.

Moderator Note: Language edited. Please show some respect towards other users of this public forum.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
romansen

it worked!! thanks a lot!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulthewall

childofthewo_mj wrote:

c) Download Qt 4.7.3 from here: http://mobileplanet-waryam.blogspot.com/2011/04/qt-mobility-v112-qt-v473-qtwebkit-v408.html

What if I don't find all the programs that you mentioned installed on my system? Is there something special that I have to do to see these programs?

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

These will not show up in Applications Manager.
qt.sis, qtwebkit.sis, qtmobility.sis
Only these will. And only uninstall then if they exist.

• Open C LIBSSL Common & Patch (2 Files)
  • Standard C++ Library Common & Patch (2 Files)
  • PIPS Installer (only if it exists)

rahulthewall wrote:

childofthewo_mj wrote:

What if I don't find all the programs that you mentioned installed on my system? Is there something special that I have to do to see these programs?

Please use plain text.