Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Promo 2013

Registered Member
saleemjatoi
Accepted Solution

Nokia Promo 2013

[ Edited ]

on dated May 16, 2013 I have received a SMS to my cell phone that says that my telephone number has won 750,000 Pounds at UK Nokia SMS Promo 2013 ,on my mobile number +92-XXX-XXXXXXX Also, it requested to send my telephone number,reference and full name for more details to send to this  email : mmsnk2@msn.com.

Would you mind please advice me is that real or fake SMS Nokia UK SMS Promo 2013?

Sincerely,

Muhammad Salem

Moderator's Note: This post was edited to remove the phone number. Please do not publish personal information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia Promo 2013

Do you seriously think Nokia would ask you to reply to an msn.com email address? Of course it is fake. If it sounds to good to be true then it is probably too good to be true. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Salam.. I got a text on my cell phone from info@nokia.co.uk regarding to Nokia SMS Promo 2013.. there is a prize amount mentioned and they have asked to mail my complete bio-data on mmsnk2@msn.com.. is this real or fake one? If it's fake then how could it be sent from info@nokia.co.uk  ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

It is not from info@nokia.co.uk. They have made it look like it is from info.nokia.co.uk. It is easy to do this. If it is really from Nokia why have the asked you to reply to a msn.com email address? 

Th purpose of the spam is to trick people like you into giving them your personal information and to either get money from you or to get your bank account details so they can get your money themselves.  

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi 5121472

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

Mobile Overlord said is correct. Nokia already responded to hoax e-mails and SMS campaigns circulating globally, you can check this link: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Nokia-responds-to-hoax-e-mails-and-SMS-campai... for more information.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
paykan

[ Edited ]

I have recieved a msg from nokia the msg is:your mobile number won 750000£ plz inform me is it real or no?or fake my contact number ***********

Moderator's note: Phone number is removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

paykan wrote:

I have recieved a msg from nokia the msg is:your mobile number won 750000£ plz inform me is it real or no?or fake my contact number ***********

Moderator's note: Phone number is removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please read all the other posts in this thread.

Please use plain text.
aaaawan

plz solve.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

What is there to solve?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bodongsumbodo

[ Edited ]

on June 17, 2013 I got an email from ********@****.com, on behalf of Timo Ihamuotila. notified that I had won the lottery and had to send bio-data and passport copy. if this is true or not

Moderator's Note: The post was edited because the email address was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you read the posts above (and in a few more threads on this Forum) .. you should have got the answer that IT IS A SCAM ..Simply delete the mail and forget about it ..

Please use plain text.
zack2013

[ Edited ]

NOKIA CORPORATION, UK
Dear *********,

Either you or someone you know entered your information on our web Ad for the 2013 Nokia Cash Splash Promo and we are using this medium to officially notify you that the result of the promo was recently released as shown below:

S/N Winners List Amount Won Ticket Number Status
1 ************@shell.com 900,000.00 GBP Confidential Unclaimed
2 ************@yahoo.com 500,000.00 GBP NOK92677TF Unclaimed
3 ************@bluewin.ch 200,000.00 GBP Confidential Unclaimed

We are happy to inform you that you are our second prize winner and you won 500,000.00 GBP (Five hundred thousand Great British Pounds) at this promo. Your ticket number is NOK******. Please take note of your ticket number as it will be needed for verification.

To receive your money, winners are expected to reply this email with the following information for verification: 1. Your Full Names 2. Residential address 3. Mobile number 4. Email address 5. Ticket number 6. Copy of your international passport or driver’s license

Your payment will be issued to you when we receive your reply with your information as outlined above.

Please bear it in mind that you won big in this promo because you are one of our valuable customers. However, if you wish to decline the receipt of your prize money, you are to notify us on time so that the opportunity will be given to another Nokia phone user.

WARNING: Because of numerous fraudulent schemes going around the internet, confidentiality should be accorded at all times. You are expected to keep the news of your winning and your ticket number to yourself until you have received your prize money. This is to avoid false claims and abuse of the program. Nokia Corporation will never ask you to pay any fee before you receive your prize money.

You can call +**-***-***-**** you wish to speak to someone from our office.

Please inform us as soon as you receive your money

Congratulations!!!

Timo Ihamuotila
Chief Financial Officer
Nokia Corporation - UK

Would you mind please advice me is that real or fake SMS Nokia UK SMS Promo 2013?

Moderator's Note: The post was edited because the phone number/e-mail addresses were removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Didn't you read the entire thread before posting (asking) ?

Isn't it TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ?????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
samishah

Re: Nokia Promo 2013,hy its me sami shah,kindly reply my mail

saleemjatoi wrote:

on dated May 16, 2013 I have received a SMS to my cell phone that says that my telephone number has won 750,000 Pounds at UK Nokia SMS Promo 2013 ,on my mobile number +92-XXX-XXXXXXX Also, it requested to send my telephone number,reference and full name for more details to send to this  email : mmsnk2@msn.com.

Sincerely,

Muhammad Salem

Moderator's Note: This post was edited to remove the phone number. Please do not publish personal information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
roxenxheikh

I recieved a msg from nokia in august that my phone number has won 750000 uk pounds tellme is this real or fake
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Adeelg

I have recieved same message on my mobile number..that i have won 270000 (GREAT BRITAN POUND).
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

[ Edited ]

Hi roxenxheikh and Adeelg,

Please disregard the message both of you received. These are fake. Have a read through the post of our community manager regarding this: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Nokia-responds-to-hoax-e-mails-and-SMS-campai...

You can also check this link: http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/08/26/trick-or-treat-how-to-tell-a-genuine-nokia-giveaway-from-a...

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
princessrex

[ Edited ]

I have received a SMS today to my cell phone that says that my telephone number has won 750,000 Pounds at UK Nokia SMS Promo 2013 ,on my mobile number +92-XXX-XXXXXXX Also, it requested to send my telephone number,reference and full name for more details to send to this  email : XXXXXX@msn.com.

regards warda rahim 

Moderator's Note: The email address was edited out.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

princessrex - Fake as mentioned in more than one posts above ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saudmemon

i've received a sms from info@outlook.com that your mobile number has won 750,000 britian pound from nokia sms promo 2013 reffered an email mmsnk@outlook.com , is it fake or real???

Please use plain text.