Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Store for more downloads

Contributor
magic7
Accepted Solution

Nokia Store for more downloads

I have Nokia 5800 XpressMusic  v51.0.006 (have not suggestion to update for 60.0.003 from Nokia),

all software updated - WinXP SP3,Nokia Suite 3.3.89,IE8,Google Chrome,Mozilla Firefox.

I can install applications by Nokia Suite home page, but I cannot install anything from store.ovi.com.

The buttons "Download via PC" and "Download on mobile" are greyed out.

Can someone  provide a fix or workaround to the problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Have you signed in online? If not, you won't have those options available.

Also, make sure that you have selected your mobile so that the store can determine what file to give you.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
magic7

of course,I have signed in and have selected my  mobile,but it is not work.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Some apps cannot be downloaded direct to the PC... I assume you have your phone connected to Nokia Suite whilst trying to download the file online?

For mobile download to work you need to have Nokia Drop installed on your phone: https://drop.nokia.com/
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
magic7

I cannot install anything from store.ovi.com.

Yes,you are right, I have  connected my phone to Nokia Suite.

on  https://drop.nokia.com/  - "This item is not available for the device.5800 XpressMusic"

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

maybe the app you are trying to install isn't compatible then.

What is it you are trying to install?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
magic7

e.g. Skype,Opera Mini,Opera Mobile etc.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

That's odd... I've just signed in, selected the 5800 Express music as my device and the download to PC button was readily available.

You definately have Nokia Suite rtunning in the background? Also make sure you are using the latest one, or try the updated beta from here:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-beta
Please use plain text.
Contributor
magic7

Yes,latest Nokia Suite 3.3.89 is running in the background.

OK,i will try the beta  soon.Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
magic7

problem has been resolved for Nokia Suite 3.3.89.You mast select same and correct language (English UK)

for your mobile,Nokia Suite and on Nokia Store account website.It is really odd...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Great stuff. Can you mark the accept as solution button on your post?
Please use plain text.