Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Store unable to connect via WLAN (N8)

Sage
bassmantrb5ii

Nokia Store unable to connect via WLAN (N8)

I have just updated to Nokia Belle and I am having a few issues with Nokia Store (as are a number of other people by the looks of it). 

Although I have correctly set up my access points (the update wiped them) and have selected my wifi as the access point with the highest priority, Nokia Store is refusing to connect via WLAN and is giving the warning "mobile data off - no connections made" (this is with mobile data turned off and Wifi on), clearly there is something that is preventing the app using this access point and is sticking to Mobile data only. I have re-installed the program to no avail.

I can still access Nokia Store via my O2 wap access point (priority 2) however as some of the apps I will need to reinstall are quite large I want to do this via Wifi. 

My browser works correctly through Wifi as does Ovi music. I have tried setting the browser to ask which access point I want to use, however to no avail. 

Out of interest the other programs that I have noticed do not work like Nokia Store (Mobile data turned off and Wifi turned on) are Shazaam and Weather. Not sure if there is a link. 

I have gone through the application settings, however I cannot see anything that allows you to alter the Nokia Store setting. 

I'd rather not have to hard reset or reinstall the firmware, but obviously will try it if there is no other way.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. 

Many thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

Just for info, I've fixed the WLAN issue.

Although I had set Internet as the default access point in the mobile data menu, in the network destinations menu, the tick (showing the access point as being default) had moved to WAP services. D'oh!

Anyway, at least it's fixed.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Manfoosha115

i have the same problem here and the tick is on internet but still nothing changed plz help
Please use plain text.
Contributor
HesaDude

I fixed this problem by cleaning the configuration.. and then restoring my data such as contacts etc from backup. I have no clue why it didn't do that while running same app during upgrade...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dan_theman

thanks bro....it worked for me. it was really simple to solve that annoying problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manitaN8

I have the same problem. How did you clean the configuration. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shabbii12

PLEASE HELP! how do you get the tick on wap services to internet
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Shabbii12

Presumably you are in Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Settings > Destinations - Longpress on your chosen network access point to reveal further set of options - most applications use whichever = Priority 1 in "Internet" so you may need to copy or move it to this folder and change it's priority.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sandeepdhillon

yeah ,my problem is fixed by changing priority in connections.yhanks buddy

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi

On the C07 this does not work with Store.  If you prioritise the WiFi it still insists on using Mobile data.  And refuses to work with WiFi.

With WiFi the battery runs down so quickly that its not usable anyhow.  Surprisingly whatsapp works.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Ricky07

Check the web settings as well. Menu> Web> options> settings> general> access point> set it to ask when needed. 

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Ricky07

If you think this post is helpful, please click the white star below.
Please use plain text.
ECStevens

I'm getting the same issue on my 808 FP2, I have set my Web to ask when needed, set my wifi as highest priority and still the Nokia store reports no connection when only wifi is on. This has cost me almost half of my monthly data allowance as I downloaded a few games with wifi connected and set as preferred network, thinking the store would use this. I need a fix for this so would be very grateful for any good ideas.
Please use plain text.
ECStevens

In addition LinkedIn won't connect over wifi and neither does the CNN widget, though going into the app allows the stories to be loaded.
Please use plain text.