Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Sync puts back ancient, deleted contacts...

Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Nokia Sync puts back ancient, deleted contacts and multiplies contacts after latest update.

Nokia Sync is hiding old, deleted contacts and is actually adding a contact I can't find in my Nokia Suite list or in Outlook 2010. My phone is an E6 running Belle Refresh.

I had actually dropped Sync because it constantly multiplied contacts by up to 4 times.

Because the latest update included the Calendar I started using Sync again.

But where does it find names I haven't had / don't have on the phone, and why does syncing result in double/treble/quadruple idetical contacts??

Ideas please?

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Nokia Sync puts back ancient, deleted contacts and multiplies contacts after latest update.

If you update your contacts after a sync and then force a manual sync it should update the stored contents online to reflect the setup on your phone.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Re: Nokia Sync puts back ancient, deleted contacts and multiplies contacts after latest update.

Hi Kosh

I'm a bit confused here. I have now updated my Contacts on my phone (E6), and deleted contacts I had, in fact, removed long ago but which seem to have been lurking online because they are not in the Contacts list in Nokia Suite or in Outlook.

I now have a list which may be accurate, I say may be, because either Sync, the Suite, my E6 or Outllook sometimes move numbers round between contacts. E.g. I just found one Danish contacts (+45) had a +55 number, which is Brazil.

Where do I force the manual sync (after backing up to my SD card, of course) ?

Best regards

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.