Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia store and Ovi store

Mobile Visionary
blitzkid
Accepted Solution

Nokia store and Ovi store

I've recently installed the Nokia store from the following link.
http://lr.ovi.mobi/store/new-symbian-3
Now in my installed applications I've entries of both Nokia store and Ovi store. I've the following entries.
Nokia store client 2mb
Nokia store installer 19mb
Ovi 1mb
Ovi store 3mb
Ope service 2mb
all are installed in phone memory. Now all I want to know is now that I've upgraded to Nokia store, can I uninstall the old entries related to Ovi store as they're occupying precious space in my C drive? And can I uninstall the Nokia store installer as I've installed the package?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

Re: Nokia store and Ovi store

Yes you can. 

I would actually try and remove all the entries you can, and try the download link again

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I removed Ovi store alone and after that the entry for Nokia store installer also disappeared. But my Nokia store is still working.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

How did you remove ovi store?I installed Nokia store using the link you did yesterday.I Got the entries you said in application manager. And When Tried un delete ovi store it says removing cancelled! I can Uninstall ovi store installer And Nokia store installer.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I just simply longs pressed on the entry of Ovi store with size 3mb and selected uninstall. It took a minute or two and the entry disappeared along with Nokia store installer. Ovi store installer, I had removed earlier. Try removing Ovi store installer first and then Ovi store. Post back.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

I tried that. I can not remove ovi store. When I long press ovi store And select Uninstall - it says removing cancelled! I can remove other apps you mentioned, only ovi store cant be uninstalled.
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

Uninstall Ovi Store Installer

Then go to Menu -> Applications -> SW update

You should get the option to update the Store client.

After this update has finished, try and start the Nokia Store

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Did even that. I get the software update prompt to install ovi store itself And not Nokia store.
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

Menu -> Applications -> SW update  will give you the option to download Ovi Store

But when you start the Ovi Store after that you should get the option to download the Nokia store 3.18.036

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

I am NOT getting any prompt for Nokia store 3.18. Guess no update still available for my product code and/or region. If it was available I would not have been allowed un use ovi store until I update.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

In my case, as well I got the prompt only to install Ovi store through software update. So I tried the link mentioned to get Nokia store. And with me the uninstall of Ovi store was successful. I still have the prompt in my software update to install Ovi store.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I forgot to mention that I downloaded a copy of Ovi store version 2.12.42, not sure of the version but its the one before Nokia store, and installed it on top of my Ovi store without uninstalling the existing version. Then I downloaded the Nokia store and installed it on top of the newly installed Ovi store. Then uninstalled Ovi store installer and Ovi store. Uninstall was successful.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
kavehC601

how can install nokia ovi store & nokia store on nokia c6-01 ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Try the link given in the first post. Go to that link using your phones default browser. Or try the latest version in Nokia beta labs.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jignesh2005

There was a problem in my Nokia store, it was not opened properly & shows message that, there was a problem opening this page. It could be a connection or a slow network. Retry.
& while login it shows unable to complete the operation due to connection error. pls try again.
but I am using wifi with better speed connection. so, why this should happen?

after this happen I have Uninstalled Nokia store, store client & all items related to store. then, I am trying to install from http://lr.ovi.mobi/store/new-symbian-3 this link, it shows installation complete but I am unable to find it from menu items.

Also from default web browser I am unable to download any store items & store does not launch by tapping on Launch.
Pls, help me. what should I do?
jignesh
Please use plain text.