Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia store doesnt accept verified by visa car...

Mobile Visionary
timkamat
Accepted Solution

Nokia store doesnt accept verified by visa card

I have a visa debit card which is protected by verified by visa. When I try to use this card for purchasing paid apps from Nokia store client on my phone I get "transaction denied" error message. I am not able to download any paid apps from Nokia store. Is there box alternate method to download the apps using my card?
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Re: Nokia store doesnt accept verified by visa card

And yes, I am not getting phone bill payment option.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

For India on Reliance Network is approved for Operator Billling option...and for rest its only thru' CREDIT CARD. Debit Card purchases are not approved.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Even on reliance it showed phone bill (reliance) and then unavailable. If I select phone bill it says "sorry - you cant use this payment method to buy this item"!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Then you may have to contact R Com and Nokia Store support as well ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

[ Edited ]

Really wish Nokia includes debit card payments, not everyone use a credit card. I'm also wondering if it is something to do with issuing authority i.e, bank, I'll check with them too or Nokia have to include some certificates/whatever needed for authorising payments from that gateway. Had a similar situation with other platform's store client which wouldn't accpet my debit card but after a major update of the store client I was able to purchase apps from that store.

I would like someone from Nokia store support to comment on this and please consider including Debit card payments to purchase apps from Nokia store, it is quite annoying that we can't make use of some discount sale and moreover one can't apply for a credit card for this purpose. Apologies for my mini rant.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
akilive

I have also tried payment through Vodafone billing system now getting reply ' currently Mobile billing payment has some problem' reply i have tried for 12 times
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Heard phone billing option is now enabled for airtel in India. Is there any chance of it coming on idea cellular?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
akilive

yup its available & working fine :thumbsup:

thanx to airtel & nokia

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Is there any (remote) chance of phone bill payment being enabled for idea cellular?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

No. It is not an inconvenience from your side. Nokia store supports app purchase thru phone bill (prepaid or post paid) on reliance, Vodafone and airtel. We were just hoping to see this coming up on idea cellular as well. So that we can buy apps from Nokia store using our prepaid balance.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Warkham42

now we cant buy apps wit vodafone 2 omg....befor i use to buy wit vodafone but now wat hapen ho...
Please use plain text.