Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

@NokiaMail.com

Counsellor
Airbus

@NokiaMail.com

Hi,

I have had an @Ovi.com EMail address for many years.

Now with NokiaMail powered by Yahoo and the recent notification about linking Mail and Contacts I decided that it was a good time to tidy things up.

It would appear that Nokia has reserved an @Nokiamail.com address with the same identifier as your @Ovi.com address for those of us that are already signed up.

I have signed into my EMail account, and this forum using the EMail address xxxxxx@nokiamail.com instead of xxxxxx@ovi.com, using the same password. It worked just fine.

But I can't set the address up on my iMac or my Nokia N9 and (unlike iCloud) messages sent to xxxxxx@nokiamail.com don't end up in the inbox of xxxxxx@ovi.com. I came accross this problem when I tried to add my @nokiamail.com account to my Ovi Account to make it my primary EMail. The verification EMail has gone somewhere and I can't find it - and I can't set up any of my devices with an @nokiamail account.

Can anybody help out please??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ihriaj

Re: @NokiaMail.com

[ Edited ]

Hi, i have a e-mail address prepared by ovi mail service but now its de-active and keep re-acctive which is xxxxxx@ovi.com, please helpe open this accounts. thanks for nokia,

Moderator's note: We have removed your e-mail address as it is unwise to publish personal information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

going to have to contact Nokia Care in your region for matters of this kind, or by clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ncanabal

having the same issue, did you finally solve it?

Rgds
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Airbus

Nope - long since gave up. Using Apple & Microsoft EMail accounts instead; more user friendly & much better support (well, they actually offer support!).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

I just want to ask, why do you use the same email account as your primary account on the same account?

The purpose of having a primary email in the account is for password retrieval. If you have an Ovi email and you use the nokiamail as the primary email (both are the same account) how will you request a password reset if you forgot it?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FLIPTIC

wow tanx nokia and yahoo for upgrading the technology
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Easyadz75

I cant acess my mail on my phone.please i really nid help
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
poochini21

Hi Easyadz75,

We'd like to help you with your concern. Please provide more details about the issue so the community can easily assist you.

1. What's the model of your device? What was the last thing that you're doing with it before the issue started?

2. What exactly happens when you try to access your email? Do you get any error message? If yes, please indicate it. 

3. Are you referring to the mail application or to your account? If it's the account, please check if you access it using a PC.

Note that a stable internet connection is required to be able to access your email. We recommend using WiFi connection if the phone supports it. To test the connection, you may try to visit some websites using the mobile browser. 

A simple reboot sometimes helps. If the phone's battery is removable, try removing and reinserting it to restart the phone. After that, try to access your email and see if it will improve.

Hope to hear feedback from you soon. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Amiyusman68356

Sorry 4 dat
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Amiyusman68356

What is the model of you phone
Please use plain text.
alkesir14

Nokia c2 01
Please use plain text.
musica

Additional details regarding your case would be highly appreciated, Alkesir14.

Suggest answering the above questions and doing the steps provided by Poochini21 BTW.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.