Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

OVI Store can't download via pc

Advisor
Fokker

OVI Store can't download via pc

When I try to download a app from OVI Store site, the download with pc option can't be selected. My N8 is connected and OVI Suite recognizes it. But the option to download via pc doesn't enables to be selected.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: OVI Store can't download via pc

If you have already made sure of the 2 conditions that are required for this to work ( Phone connected to PC and OVI Suite running in the background..) ..then as experienced by other users including me..this does not work for some of the applications..May be because its still BETA. Try other applications to confirm..Even if you do not want to install a particular application just select a few to see...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rayman12k

same problem here .. is there any solution for it ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
monosteve

Tried many apps can't find one to work. Is there one you have verified to work?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
firemonster

i have same problem, it seems to me that if the software thinks it is already downloaded with the green tick, then it greys out your options,

Please use plain text.
eminescu00

[ Edited ]

i have the same problem, no matter the cheosen app, Asha 200. 1-2 apper with a tick but i tried dozens of others and every one of them is the same. Download to PC button is grey, unavaiable.

nokia drop is the same.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Onegee201

Re: OVI Store can't download via PC

Hi guys..

You need to install nokia suite first and connect your phone using nokia suite..

Then you can download via PC.. Hope this helps..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tikotiko659

[ Edited ]

Onegee201 wrote:

Hi guys..

You need to install nokia suite first and connect your phone using nokia suite..

Then you can download via PC.. Hope this helps..

Moderator's Note: This post was edited to remove the duplicates of the quoted message. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
spikeee

I've tried that and it didn't work :smileysad:.  In fact, Nokia Suite didn't even recognised that I had phone connected to the laptop! :confused:

Any other advice?

Thx!

Please use plain text.