Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Oh Dear, here we go again!

Contributor
mandelbrot

Oh Dear, here we go again!

After cocking my capital one gift up for six weeks, Ovi strikes again. Purchased an album, tried to download it, it wouldn't. £9.99 was taken from my account. Tried again to download but the option to do so is greyed out. Emailed Nokia Care, they told me to search my hard drive! IT DID NOT DOWNLOAD! Emailed them again, they replied by addressing me as a totally different person, so if Mr Stuchbury is reading this, It looks like they've sort of twinned us, like towns or something. If you get any Info on my album, pop it in a pm for me wouldya, Mr Stuchbury? And if I get any more emails for you, wow, like penpals even! Nokia connecting people! Emailed them again to tell them of their mistake, got a reply saying they do not respond to direct emails and I would have to fill out an online form. But that's what I did, on the 18th December. Unbelievable that a simple voucher through the mail on November 11th can still be causing problems. Have given up hope of Manila or the Irish helping, any mods out there can help??

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Oh Dear, here we go again!

I feel with you.

After upgrading to Win 7, i could no longer play back music I bought from Ovi-Music using the vouchers supplied with my 5800XM and later N97, because the DRM licenses weren't there.

Couldn't redownload most of the music either, because the store only show me one album i purchased, but TWICE. None of my other songs show up for download.

Got three boilerplate replies that did not at all address my issue. Seems like Bangalore, Dublin, Bratislava or Manila (wherever Nokia outsourced to) NEVER read the full text of a submitted form.

After trying to get this sorted at least five times, i gave up. At least I just used coupons and didn't actually have to pay.

The fruit company, as a contrast gets iTunes Store problems sorted very quickly and efficiently and they quickly authorize redownloads and even refunds if music quality is not good (sometimes there are quality problems created in the conversion process).

I am not a fruit company fanboy but I do wish Ovi Music / Store  support were half as good and helpful as the iTunes/App Store support.

Ever seen a black lemon? They turn black when they rot. My N97 is black. 'nuff said
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mandelbrot

Over a month and still no resolution. Still don't have the music I was billed for, still don't know why they suddenly think I am a Mr. Stuchbury, still no answers from Nokia. All in all, what started with "free downloads" on November 11th has turned out to be a very disappointing experience. If any mods are reading this, please can somebody sort this issue out so I can close, delete and expunge Nokia from my computer and my life forever? I cannot afford the outrageous "help"line which is no help whatsoever, my emails are returned saying "we do not respond to emails", The online contact form spews out auto-emails, and NOTHING EVER HAPPENS!! This is the only form of contact which has worked in the past, I am crossing fingers and hoping.............

Please use plain text.
marmatth

I will never try buying music from Nokia Store again. After many failures with my N8 over past year or so the last straw was that it blocked my credit card. My card company said Nokia tried to take money from my card but the method somehow freaked the card company's fraud sensor and blocked me. Not impressed.
Please use plain text.