Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Store - DOWNLOAD FAILED!!!

Counsellor
marrto

Ovi Store - DOWNLOAD FAILED!!!

I have Nokia N96. And I have new Ovi Store 1.05. And I keep getting "Download failed".

why is that? is there a way to fix it ?

I have tried to re-install it , but same happens.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

Re: Ovi Store - DOWNLOAD FAILED!!!

Seems to be happening a lot at the moment, even for me on N900, so it's definitely not your handset.

It's more than likely a Nokia problem. Ovi Store was up and down like a fiddlers elbow for me last night.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Seems to be ok now...

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
mikel76

just change your settings where the file or application will be save..go to ovi store then options, after that account then click settings find installation preference then change to phone memory..thats it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gdbuga

did not work for me. I keep getting download failed message as it reaches 100%.

I changed the settings, all goes to memory on the phone, it keeps saying download failed

I have this problem for 2 weeks now

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
funpage

I alsed faced the same problem, I also made a new id, but not working, it is saying download failed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
marrto

its something to do with Ovi Store. I have the latest one with now puprle or pink rating stars :smileyvery-happy:

sometimes it raches 100% and sais failed, but when i try again it works.

should get that  fixed nokia...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
2700c

I'm using Nokia 2700 classic. I've an application on my mobile named Ovi Store. Yesterday it showed that a new version of Ovi Store was available. So I update Ovi Store. But today I failed to open the new Ovi store. It says "Conflicting Applications. Show items?". Then when I'm selecting 'yes'. My mobile gets restart. I've also tried to www.ovi.com to download the ovi store again. But I failed to download. Because before download, it again says, "Conflicting Applications. Show items?". What should I do?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xDesertDragonx

Hello 2700c,

It sounds like you now have 2 versions of the Ovi Store running on your phone, the one it came with and the new one you downloaded.  I would suggested deleting one of them, and if it still conflicts, deleting the other one too and redownloading it.

xDesertDragonx

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I had exactly the issue you are having with your 2700c. Even though there isn't a duplicate copy of Ovi Store, you get the conflicting applications message. After many fruitless emails to Nokia, I discovered the only cure is to use Nokia Software Updater to install the latest (or re-install the current) firmware. If you do a backup then do NOT restore the applications or you will have the same problem again.
Please use plain text.
moonmadness

Changing to phone memory storage worked for me, thank you mikel76!!! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
s9698

Facing downloading fail problem when using ovi store to downloading any content. Where as i have already resisterd on OVI store

Phone No 9871119698

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lazertrack

i have the same problem and also there is none other version of ovi store just the one. also the "delete" option is not active in its options. how can i get rid of this ovi store. cant i install another one by connecting through the computer. also i have updated the software twice but still its conflicting application.

Please use plain text.
carneiro

yes guys, the same either. nokia C5-00 with the latest Ovi Store version and keeps going... "download failed". i've tried all the suggestions you've made, but to no avail.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akash789

if any one  know  about this question then plz any me 

I'm using Nokia 2700 classic. I've an application on my mobile named Ovi Store. Yesterday it showed that a new version of Ovi Store was available. So I update Ovi Store. But today I failed to open the new Ovi store. It says "Conflicting Applications. Show items?". Then when I'm selecting 'yes'. My mobile gets restart. I've also tried to www.ovi.com to download the ovi store again. But I failed to download. Because before download, it again says, "Conflicting Applications. Show items?". What should I do? 
and also  tell how to  delete  ovi store from nokia 2700 and  how to  download it again  in it
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i am having the exact same problem with my N8 i tried to download spiderman total mayhem and it always gives me the error

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Akash4125

I'm having the same prob. With my nokia 2700 classic conflicting applications show items
Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

As I think, this is a problem of Nokia. After installing new firmware I faced to this problem. None says a good way to solve this problem. Nokia users are helpless. I have **bleep**ing Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
scbevans

Not sure whether to be reassured that lots of other people are having my problem downloading apps or to despair that Nokia don't seem able to resolve it.  I like Nokia phones and am particularly pleased with my E55.  But it's not truly a modern smartphone if you can't download apps easily and reliably.  Like others here, I have been frustrated by an encouraging progress bar that suggests the download has happened, swiftly followed by a notice saying that it has failed.  And to add insult to injury you are still charged.  Where else do you have to pay whether you get the goods safely delivered or not?  Not good.  Not good at all.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
techjunkie

At times problem lies with your memory card. Remove it from your cellphone while donwloading and it will work for you.

Please use plain text.