Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Store/LinkedIn: No internet connection?

Counsellor
maschab91

Ovi Store/LinkedIn: No internet connection?

When I try to startup my LinkedIn app or the Nokia Ovi Store I get the message that no internet connection is available. I can still browse any website, so there is a working connection (I also saw this at my settings). I can't login to the store, but I can do this on  my laptop sucessfully.

I tried to reset the internet connection but it didn't work.

Also updating Ovi Store didn't work, nor the soft reset.

The only thing I haven't done yet is a hard reset, but last time I did it that went wrong, my phone didn't start up afterwards and had to be repaired. It is currently not insured and the 2 years warranty has been expired.

Does anyone have an other solution that may work and doesn;t make my phone being screwed up afterwards?

Nokia C6-00 user.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
poochini21

[ Edited ]

Hi maschab91,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions! :cathappy:

How did you update the Nokia Ovi Store? Did you use Nokia Suite or you used the phone's SW Update app? If you tried both and none worked, you may also try to visit store.nokia.com using the phone's browser. Once you go to this website, it will ask you to install the latest Nokia Ovi Store app.

Before installing the app, we suggest you to remove the existing Nokia Ovi Store client in the phone first. Just go to the Menu, and then Settings. Look for Applications, and then Installed apps. Search for the 'Ovi Store', 'Ovi Store Client' and 'Ovi Store Launcher' and unistall them one by one by pressing Options, and then Uninstall.

Regarding LinkedIn, is it a preinstalled app or a downloaded one from the Nokia Ovi Store? If it's downloaded, you can try removing and reinstalling it from the Store. The steps for removing it are the same as above. 

If it's a preloaded one, you may try to reinstall the phone's software using Nokia Suite. Connect the phone to the PC via a compatible USB cable, and then launch the Nokia Suite. Click on the SW Update icon, and then look for Device Software Update. If there's no update available, look for the Reinstall option.

Hope this information help. :smileyhappy:

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maschab91

Thanks for the reaction :smileyhappy:

I already re-installed the current (newest) software.

I always install updates via Nokia Suite, since I have to create a server profile and I don't know how to do that.

However, when I am looking for updates at the Nokia website and Google, it says that 42.00.0.4 is the latest version. I already installed this version and as I said re-installed it.

I tried to re-install Nokia Store, but after removing the files from my phone, going to store.nokia.com only gives me the homescreen of Ovi Store and not the oppurtinity to re-install it. Or does this mean I didn't remove Ovi Store?

Nokia C6-00 user.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maschab91

Today I tried to re-install the last software update again but it didn't work. The Ovi Store app gives me the message 'server error'.

Then I removed all my internet access point and set up the internet access point from my operator again.

After restart I was able to access Ovi Store and download an app via the mobile website.

However, the app still doesn't work. It also seems to be an older version because of the re-installing, but there is no way to update.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I was searching the internet and this forum and found many ways to potentially solve the problem, but nothing seems to let the app work again.

Nokia C6-00 user.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maschab91

By the way, I've downloaded the LinkedIn app from the Store. Already tried to re-install it but it still gives me a connection error.

In the meantime I was able to claim my 60 days valid present from the store and downloading an app via the mobile website. However, the store app still tells me there is a server connection error.
Nokia C6-00 user.
Please use plain text.