Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Store Problems After Update

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
akosuaspill
Accepted Solution

Ovi Store Problems After Update

[ Edited ]

Some users are experiencing issues in which Ovi Store cannot open or intstall after being updated. You get "Update failed" messages or the welcome window status bar never completes.

Here is a solution which we have been testing:

1. Go to Menu  > Settings > Aplication Manager > Installed apps.
  2. Press and hold Ovi installer for a few seconds till uninstall window pop up and select uninstall.
  3. Press and hold Ovi Store for a few seconds till uninstall window pop up and select unistall
  4. Connect your phone to Ovi Suite via USB and select PC Suite (or Ovi Suite) mode on your phone if necessary. If you do not already have Ovi Suite, download it from www.nokia.com/ovisuite.
  5. Backup all your data with Ovi Suite by clicking tools and Backup.
  6. After backing-up, click Tools and select Software update.
  7. Click the green small print that says "reinstall it" to reinstall phone software.
  8. After software update has finished, disconnect your phone from USB.
  9. Open web on your phone > options >Go to > New web page> http://store.ovi.com.
  10. Agree to the terms and conditions, ovi store will open with download option.
  11. Click download and follow the screen instructions.

This will fix the problem and Ovi Store will be your friend again!!

Some users have reported that hit solution did not work for them, in which case please also refer to the post marked as the solution in this thread.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nikhildevpawar

Hello Nokia,

Do you guys atleast try to do some kind of beta testing before you release this kind of update to larger audience. This is soo frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Sage
dj_nick_t

Hello,

Personally I wasn't able to update at all from 2.08 to 2.12 (every time I launched Ovi Store client I didn't have any notification of update).

So this is what I did and how it worked out for me:

1. Go to Menu  > Settings > Aplication Manager > Installed apps.

2. Press and hold Ovi Store Installer for a few seconds till uninstall window pop up and select uninstall.

3. Go to Menu > Applications > SW update and install Ovi store from there (right after this you'll end up with an older Ovi Store version with the old logo w/ white background).

4. After finished installing, fire up Ovi Store from Menu and you'll have the notification to update to 2.12.033.

5. Tap Update and let it do its thing :-)

Kind regards,

Previous (starting with '99): 5110 (2 pcs.); 6110; 6150 (2 pcs.); 6210; 6310i; 6680; N70; N73; N82 Silver; N97 Transition Black; N97 mini Cherry Black; iPhone 3GS 16GB Black; iPhone 4 16GB Black; N8-00 Dark Grey; iPhone 4S 16GB Black
Current: 808 PureView Black (Nokia Belle FP2, v113.010.1507) & iPhone 5s 32GB Space Gray (iOS 7.1.2)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spIk3

[ Edited ]

@Nokia:

This solution makes no sense guys!! The problem is with the missing API. See the attached screenshot!!

I tried as u said!! But same issue is still seen :'(

Tell me if I am doing anything wrong here:

1. Unistalled Ovi Installer in Application Manager

2. Reinstalled the OS (Didn't encounter any issues here)

3. Open web on your phone > options >Went to > New web page> http://store.ovi.com.

4. Agree to the terms and conditions, ovi store will open with download option.  (Here I didn't get option to Agree to the terms and conditions!! All I could see was 'Launch'

After this the Ovi Store automatically launched and all I saw was the missing API alert and the Ovi Store quit on selecting OK. (See the screenshot)

Guys please verify this!! I need Ovi Store desperately. Its part of my job!!!

Regards,
Sudhir N Kamath
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
akosuaspill

We understand that some of the applications from Betalabs may interfere with this process, if it doesn't work, remove beta applications and try again. 

Please use plain text.
Andres_Ab

I tryed to follow the instructions on there but there is a problem with them, I just cant uninstall the damn ovi store app, I get either an error message saying Unistallation Cancelled (obviously I didnt cancelled it) or it just dont uninstall the app.

I have try to fix this since the same day nokia launched the new ovi store app 2.12.33

Im getting really angry with this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
spIk3

You cannot uninstall Ovi Store app as it is inbuilt. They are asking to uninstall "Ovi Srote Installer" in Application Manager. Did u try the same thing?
Regards,
Sudhir N Kamath
Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

i was able to update to 2.12 by pointing my browser at http://store.ovi.com/content/5406 and downloading the update.
There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spIk3

@flagpole: Even I tried the method u said. But while launching Ovi Store all I could see was Loading... screen.. Can you give me the steps? Did u had the ovi store issue before?
Regards,
Sudhir N Kamath
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
emeritus4u

its not my ovi web dat got problem,including other applications,like opera,ucweb,bolt,
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dacostanthony

I've got a problem concerning this update, ovi store is having a strange behaviour, when i log in ovi store and ask to be remembered on my phone, after some time when i go to the account section it says " unable to display the list of my selections" it's like i am disconnected from the ovi store automatically. Please help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
spIk3

@NokiA:

Guys I uninstalled all the beta apps and tried the procedure as you guys said but it didn't work for me.. Same issue still persist..

Please help me out!!!

Regards,
Sudhir N Kamath
Please use plain text.
Andres_Ab

another 24 hours more, I tryed to do what it is posted here but no change, ovi store freezes on loading forever.

somebody should give us a proper solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

after this the ovi store automatically lauched and all. I saw the missing API alert and ovi store quit on selecting ok plz help
Please use plain text.
andy321

Hi,

your solution WAS NOT TESTED.

It is not possible to uninstall OVI STORE from ROM. Only OVI STORE installer can be uninstalled. Finally your solution DOES NOT SOLVE the problem. I f.....ing IT.

The phone (E7) going on monday to MobilASK/Arvato for service (second time)
and I expect that thay again only flash ROM.

I am sorry, but HW problem (lack of signal and jumping battery capacity) cannot be solved
with overwriting NVM. Battery need to clean contacts (COMMON NOKIA problem) and transceiver has to be setup for optimal function (also very common). Many other peoples has the same problem with transceiver.

I expect return to E52 and migration to different manufacturer, may be WebOS.

WITHOUT REGARDS

Andy

Please use plain text.
Sage
JackB

Hi,

I agree with Andy321, obviously this solution was not tested, as andy quite rightly points out you cannot uninstall OVI Store (at least not on my phone  C7). If this is the the level of technical know-ledge Nokia is using its no wonder there are so many problems that remain unsolved. It seems the only thing they do is reinstall the firmware and hope the problem goes away for a while.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
antoniuswong

I've tried but the problem is still exist..

Please helpp :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
andy321

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

it seems that problem is in corrupted QT libraries. Try to use fix from http://fixqt.com

It seems that it can help to solve the problem (I know at least one who solve this way).

It is the shame , that nokia is not able to create correct installator at least for own shop.

I am highly dissapointed. The phone going for service again on Monday and then

I will to get my money back.

Andy

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

It seems that the original solution did not work for everybody. For those still having the same issue after the first solution, then as some used have suggested you can also reinstall the Qt files.

The files can be found in the attached ZIP file, and should be installed in the sequence listed below:

1. qt.sis
  2. qtwebkit.sis
  3. qmlviewer.sis
  4. qtmobility.sis
  5. Notifications Support Package Symbian3 v1.1.11120.sis
  6. Notifications Environment Selector Symbian3.sis

Nokia is already investgating the underlying issue that has caused tis failure in some devices.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
spIk3

Thanks michaels!! Reinstalling the QT Files worked for me!! \m/
Regards,
Sudhir N Kamath
Please use plain text.