Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Store Problems After Update

sh742

i have updated N 8 software, now ovi store is not loading.

i have installed as u told me. problem is solved. 

Please use plain text.
monisnaseem

Hi Andy, How are you doing? well dear you know what?? I really don't have words for you...but in short THANKS A TON buddy for solving this NOKIA OVI STORE issue, and Yes its a shameful time for NOKIA that they cant solve this issue for their CUSTOMERS/ NOKIA LOVERS/ INVESTORS....SHAME to NOKIA , Totally disappointed...any ways Andy is again Thank you so much, bye & take good care of urself...
Please use plain text.
lawyeryemen

hi icnt install qt fils please tell me my pho e7
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kastis1974

I can't install these files, displays error when try to install :smileysad:(
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nehakewl

Thanks michael! It worked for me!

Please use plain text.

Ovi Store Problems After Update c7 to Belle

After update my C7 to Belle (ver 111.030.0609) Ovi Store hangs on load (Loading). Reinstall QT not get result.

Uninstall "Ovi" and "Ovi Store" closed by message "Removing cancelled".

Who next?

Nokia Belle one step up two back:

1) display fonts not sharp

2) Battery status not possible visible (example 85%) and switch to saver mode not find as Anna

3) Display saver - clock is smaller, not full fill fonts (as Anna)

4)Clock  (two kvadrants) not include week day

Similar history with Microsoft Vista (not sharp fonts and icons), poor interfaces.

I hope Nokia restore nokia mark.

akosuaspill wrote:

Some users are experiencing issues in which Ovi Store cannot open or intstall after being updated. You get "Update failed" messages or the welcome window status bar never completes.

Here is a solution which we have been testing:

1. Go to Menu  > Settings > Aplication Manager > Installed apps.
  2. Press and hold Ovi installer for a few seconds till uninstall window pop up and select uninstall.
  3. Press and hold Ovi Store for a few seconds till uninstall window pop up and select unistall
  4. Connect your phone to Ovi Suite via USB and select PC Suite (or Ovi Suite) mode on your phone if necessary. If you do not already have Ovi Suite, download it from www.nokia.com/ovisuite.
  5. Backup all your data with Ovi Suite by clicking tools and Backup.
  6. After backing-up, click Tools and select Software update.
  7. Click the green small print that says "reinstall it" to reinstall phone software.
  8. After software update has finished, disconnect your phone from USB.
  9. Open web on your phone > options >Go to > New web page> http://store.ovi.com.
  10. Agree to the terms and conditions, ovi store will open with download option.
  11. Click download and follow the screen instructions.

This will fix the problem and Ovi Store will be your friend again!!

Some users have reported that hit solution did not work for them, in which case please also refer to the post marked as the solution in this thread.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dj_pravs

Re: Ovi Store Problems After Update c7 to Belle

In E7 it did not work. I still get the Removing calceled when I try to remove SOCIAL. Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
JUVOSOFT_cz

I have the same problem with E7-00. I had Anna only for 2 days; but I have to say that Belle is not well working OS. It seems like somebody has a semester project (good idea at glance but with not working details)...

I was able to install some applications via Nokia Suite 3.3.86 (Battery Monitor 2, FlashLight Extreme) and connected phone via Bluetooth/USB; however, some applications require sending a link via SMS.

I bought the phone due to its endless possibilities of extending by applications but without an Ovi Store it is like "non-smart phone"...

I hope Nokia will fix this problem as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

dj_pravs wrote:

In E7 it did not work. I still get the Removing calceled when I try to remove SOCIAL. Any other ideas?

To remove the Social app install the file attached(it's the latest version of Nokia Social)then you will be able to unistall it.at least this works in my C7.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HAMID1930

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR 2 DAYS.DOWNLOAD UPDATE AGAIN THAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION
Please use plain text.
sonami

my nokia c7-00 not support ovi nokia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
YiJing

[ Edited ]

I can't uninstall, it says removing cancelled. What should I do?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sharoonejhon

hello friend please help me ovi mobile store is not launching on my e6 so tell me what should i do??
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pustefisk

I suggest that everyone move their content over to Mejuba.com.

From what I know Mejuba (mejuba.com) is THE only site that offers free and unrestricted uploads of videos and pictures without ANY restrictions on file size, video length or monthly traffic. And uploads your originals. No monthly limits or quotas. You can upload 1GB per upload. Pictures and videos are stored in their original formats and are kept unmodified for backup. I also like that you can geo-tag your stuff so it shows up on a map. And you can search for stuff on the map – that’s cool! Even Google Street View is now implemented.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jayashree131

[ Edited ]

I tried downloading nexgtv from ovi store applications.  I am not able to watch tv channels because the window asking for one time mobile number is not accepting the command but the screening back to the main menu.  please rectify this problem. my mobile no is 

Thanks

jayashree

Moderators notes: Personal mobile number removed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oh2avq

can you tell whether this instruction is good for Belle too?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
oh2avq

Neither of the solutions provided are good for my Belle E7-00, now that the Store requires a mandatory update for Store version 3.x.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
oh2avq

moreover, the QT solution provided in this thread is no longer compatible with the newest version of Store - fails at Store installation.
A more recent version of QT would be needed.
*searching*
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jerinbruno

thnx a lot it worked
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sarukhji01

I have a 701. updated it and now I can't get to Ovi store. Both solutions provided didn't work. That's frustrating!:angry:

Please use plain text.