After update my C7 to Belle (ver 111.030.0609) Ovi Store hangs on load (Loading). Reinstall QT not get result.
Uninstall "Ovi" and "Ovi Store" closed by message "Removing cancelled".
Nokia Belle one step up two back:
1) display fonts not sharp
2) Battery status not possible visible (example 85%) and switch to saver mode not find as Anna
3) Display saver - clock is smaller, not full fill fonts (as Anna)
4)Clock (two kvadrants) not include week day
Similar history with Microsoft Vista (not sharp fonts and icons), poor interfaces.
I hope Nokia restore nokia mark.
Some users are experiencing issues in which Ovi Store cannot open or intstall after being updated. You get "Update failed" messages or the welcome window status bar never completes.
Here is a solution which we have been testing:
- Go to Menu > Settings > Aplication Manager > Installed apps.
- Press and hold Ovi installer for a few seconds till uninstall window pop up and select uninstall.
- Press and hold Ovi Store for a few seconds till uninstall window pop up and select unistall
- Connect your phone to Ovi Suite via USB and select PC Suite (or Ovi Suite) mode on your phone if necessary. If you do not already have Ovi Suite, download it from www.nokia.com/ovisuite.
- Backup all your data with Ovi Suite by clicking tools and Backup.
- After backing-up, click Tools and select Software update.
- Click the green small print that says "reinstall it" to reinstall phone software.
- After software update has finished, disconnect your phone from USB.
- Open web on your phone > options >Go to > New web page> http://store.ovi.com.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, ovi store will open with download option.
- Click download and follow the screen instructions.
This will fix the problem and Ovi Store will be your friend again!!
Some users have reported that hit solution did not work for them, in which case please also refer to the post marked as the solution in this thread.
I have the same problem with E7-00. I had Anna only for 2 days; but I have to say that Belle is not well working OS. It seems like somebody has a semester project (good idea at glance but with not working details)...
I was able to install some applications via Nokia Suite 3.3.86 (Battery Monitor 2, FlashLight Extreme) and connected phone via Bluetooth/USB; however, some applications require sending a link via SMS.
I bought the phone due to its endless possibilities of extending by applications but without an Ovi Store it is like "non-smart phone"...
I hope Nokia will fix this problem as soon as possible.
In E7 it did not work. I still get the Removing calceled when I try to remove SOCIAL. Any other ideas?
To remove the Social app install the file attached(it's the latest version of Nokia Social)then you will be able to unistall it.at least this works in my C7.
I suggest that everyone move their content over to Mejuba.com.
From what I know Mejuba (mejuba.com) is THE only site that offers free and unrestricted uploads of videos and pictures without ANY restrictions on file size, video length or monthly traffic. And uploads your originals. No monthly limits or quotas. You can upload 1GB per upload. Pictures and videos are stored in their original formats and are kept unmodified for backup. I also like that you can geo-tag your stuff so it shows up on a map. And you can search for stuff on the map – that’s cool! Even Google Street View is now implemented.
2012-04-25 6:34 - last edited on 2012-04-25 6:45 by Raoul_Duke
I tried downloading nexgtv from ovi store applications. I am not able to watch tv channels because the window asking for one time mobile number is not accepting the command but the screening back to the main menu. please rectify this problem. my mobile no is
Moderators notes: Personal mobile number removed.