Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Store Support

Employee

Ovi Store Support

I've seen quite a few posts on our discussion boards, as well as many other (outside Nokia) discussion boards - discussing technical issues with Ovi Store.

Our official support channels are through the contact us- and this has also been an issue for some users (we experienced technical issues with our email routing, but that has been fixed).

However if you post your issues here, I will do my best to make sure we provide an answer for you.

Nokia is here to support our customers!

The Rainmaker has spoken.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi!

Well hopefully you can help me then!

I paid for 2 games from Ovi Store and tried to install them on my 5800. When I got to the end of the install, I got the message "invalid jar file".  Neither game installed on my phone. In the My Stuff section of Ovi Store it says both games are installed, but they aren't!

So basically, can you help? Please? Maybe send me a download link or something? I've since installed other apps from the Ovi store and they've been fine. I've also reset my phone since then because of other problems I was having (maybe that was why I got the error message), and everything works fine.

I notified Nokia Care of this issue straight away and have just had various emails asking me for more info, which I've provided, but I'm still waiting for them to help.

Please help!

Thanks

Jane

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

First, go and delete any file with that name (of your purchased games) from your app. manager.

Then check your PM.

Thanks,

Rainmaker

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi there!

Hopefully you can shed some light onto my issue aswell. I've been able to login to ovi store through my computer, and i am also receiving the download sms'es sent from ovi store. But here's where my problem kicks in. When i open ovi store on my mobile browser, i can browse and all that, but as soon as i try to download something i get told to log in. Ok, simple enough, but here's the kicker. I am told that my login failed at this time, and to please try again later.

Simple enough, or so i thought. I have been trying to "log in later" for the last two weeks now, all through the day, and i still get served that message.

Is this because some kind of area restriction? I live in norway, and i have the chess operator on my nokia 5800 xm if that matters.

Please, i have been drooling at that facebook application for some time now, but i am getting frustrated each time i try to login and get served that error message. (i have tried with my standard nokia account, and also tried to make a new account through ovi store but to no avail. Also i am running latest firmware on my 5800).

Hope this is just a minor glitch.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi, for this login failure...is it possible that you have two (possibly more) Nokia accounts from the past with the same email address?

If so, then you may need to create a new Nokia account using a different email (I know that's a true pain). I don't know of any way to fix this problem right now...

See if that helps.

Rainmaker

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Just tried making a new account with another e-mail, but it didnt work. I still get that failure to login message. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I tried to contact you several times and also left a message on Support Forum, but the only thing I got back so far is the error message. Even now it still returns, even when you report the problem is solved. I'd be very appreciate if some action will be taken immediately, because I'm certain that's exactly not the way to treat your customers.

You can see my first-place complaint at the nearby thread.

Once again, I tried to purchase 3 games from OVI Store. First it was Chinese Chess Pro II - transaction was made and the game was successfully downloaded and installed.
Second was Reversi Pro II, the transaction was made and the process of downloading was started, then I had error message on my phone. I went back one page and saw the status of software is 'purchased' so I thought maybe it's a temporary error on website, but since it tracks the fact of me purchased the software, I could download it later. As you see it was very stupid of me. Third was Gomoku Pro II. The story was exactly the same as with Reversi - 'error' message after transaction was made. But when I tried to refresh the web-page, the only option I could see for both of the games is to buy the software again.

I lost my money, and I don't have any intention to continue. The solution that could satisfy me is at least to let me have what I paid for, because I expect re-funding to be the problem - the payment was made via my mobile account.

I have all e-mail notifications regarding transactions mentioned below. If you need it, let me know.
Waiting to hear from you at last.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Please use plain text.
Employee

deemitry- could you send me a PM- I want to do some more research on this...

I fear there is an issue with the content...

Rainmaker

Please use plain text.

Thank you. Problem is solved.

Received 2 links on my mobile, downloaded and installed without any problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Are you familiar with people having the problem i am experiencing? The correct message i am getting is "Sorry, you cannot sign in at this time. Try again later." Is this firmware related ? Since i can log in via internet explorer, and opera mini. But not the phones default browser. And i cant download with IE or opera mini :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

I know the issue stems from two accounts with the same email address...I originally thought creating a new account with different email address would work-

I am looking into a solution for that as we speak...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I apologise as I had also raised this as a separate thread, but since you're asking for technical issues to be put here:

Can the list of applications on Ovi Store for 5800 and N97 be synchronised?

I accidentally deleted Facebook on my N97, and now want to reinstall it from Ovi Store, only to find it not listed for this phone. I did a further check and found Bloomberg, AccuWeather, Opera Mini missing for the N97 as well. Doesn't seem right since the N97 is also using S60v5.

As long as I can get my Facebook back, I'll be happy. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi rainmaker,

Logged into ovi store yesterday (15th) and all I get is a page saying update or exit. I've tried updating 3-4 times but it says "installation failed" and that's all. Running with E71.

Now I can't log in to Ovi Store at all. Please advise?

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

Not all applications are supported on all devices (even when running on simlar OS)...there is an FAQ on this...but it helps to also know that "syncing" your device is currently done only through Nokia Care channels--

Rainmaker

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

For this...be sure your settings are "internet settings" on your device....not WAP or anything else - which means you may have to manually change the preffered access point.

If you are running the correct access point- then set your ports to "zero" using the advanced settings option within the settings (AP) configuration menu (tool-settings-connection, etc).

Raimaker

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi catolh,

Can you see my response about access points- you may also be experiencing this issue...

Please use plain text.
Employee

catolh wrote:

Hi there!

Hopefully you can shed some light onto my issue aswell. I've been able to login to ovi store through my computer, and i am also receiving the download sms'es sent from ovi store. But here's where my problem kicks in. When i open ovi store on my mobile browser, i can browse and all that, but as soon as i try to download something i get told to log in. Ok, simple enough, but here's the kicker. I am told that my login failed at this time, and to please try again later.

Simple enough, or so i thought. I have been trying to "log in later" for the last two weeks now, all through the day, and i still get served that message.

Is this because some kind of area restriction? I live in norway, and i have the chess operator on my nokia 5800 xm if that matters.

Please, i have been drooling at that facebook application for some time now, but i am getting frustrated each time i try to login and get served that error message. (i have tried with my standard nokia account, and also tried to make a new account through ovi store but to no avail. Also i am running latest firmware on my 5800).

Hope this is just a minor glitch.

Thanks.

Hello catolh,

Please try logging in once more. I believe the login problem you are having has been resolved. Please let me know if this is not the case.

Thank you for your patience!

congested

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi guys, it'd help if you could quote who you're replying to, as I'm not sure if you've replied to mine :smileyhappy:

In any case, I went to Ovi Store using my PC (so no access points variable here), state my phone to be 5800, and can see Facebook as a valid application. I then state my phone to be N97, and Facebook disappears off the listing. Similar for Bloomberg and AccuWeather (thankfully I didn't lose those). Now, these are apps that are proven to work on the N97 (otherwise they wouldn't be preloaded on the N97!), so Ovi should really list these apps in.

dsrainmaker, are you saying that I can restore my Facebook through Nokia Care as well? That's a great suggestion, just that I'm miles away from the nearest one, and Ovi Store should really set things right in the first place.

Am I right to assume the developer states the phones his application is suitable for when he first uploads his application, and because the N97 wasn't yet launched when Facebook was first introduced on Ovi, this application and others then fell through the cracks? If so, that's a big loophole.

Thanks!

p.s. I went to the Opera website to verify - yes, the N97 is not officially listed as a supported device, but neither is the 5800, and yet Opera Mini is available for the 5800!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I also just came out of a call with Nokia Care. The line was really bad, and the guy on the other side was clearly trying his best, but I don't think the problem was understood. So this place is still my best bet.

Realising there's a timezone difference, so thought to be as specific as I can.

Objective 

I lost my Facebook on my N97, and want to reinstall it.

Issue

Step 1. Go to http://store.ovi.com 

Step 2. Change phone to N97 in Ovi Store,  

Step 3. Search for Facebook. Facebook is not listed as an application for N97   

- start troubleshooting -

Step 4. Change phone to 5800.  

Step 5. Facebook appears on the list.    

Step 6. If I try to trick the system while at step 5, and send the link to my N97, when I click on the link from my SMS, Ovi Store knows I am using the N97 and not the 5800. Error message says "Item unavailable. Sorry, this application is no longer available."

- next troubleshooting idea -

Step 7. Searching for Facebook through Ovi Store application on my N97 throws up the same results.   

Therefore I'm unable to download Facebook for my N97. Please advise. Thank you! :smileyvery-happy:  

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Tried to login just now, but i am still getting that error message.

I have tried to check if i have several accounts, but i can only find one. The second one i created earlier was deleted by me later on.

I have also tried to use the settings "internet" in my web-browser. Are there any other places i should check?

Please use plain text.