Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Facebook for N97

Contributor

Re: Ovi Store Support

Thanks for your help. Do let us know if you need our receipt as proof.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

dsrainmaker wrote:

Hi, again, we are working to get these requests taken care of- please bear with us.

the hard reset should only be used as a last resort, and will usually end up with a loss of content (not to mention contacts, etc).

I will work with Congested to get content resent once we get things verified.

Thanks for your patience.

Rainmaker

My problem was that the soft reset would fix the "Expired Certificate" problem for 2 days, max, so I thought I would try backing up everything, formatting the memory card, and restoring. Unfortunately the restore never does restore fully. I lost all the music licenses, even with a soft reset.

Thanks,

Jayant

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Support Team.

There are two things I would like to point out. 

1. The Store now seems to be broken again, in the sense, that related items that are displayed when selecting an item, are broken. And there seems to be dupes as well. When clicking on a related item I get a "Sorry, this item is no longer available". This is really _really_ annoying. The problems are on both the normal web store.ovi.com and store.ovi.mobi. 

2. May I suggest, that since a user can easily check what he/she has downloaded by going to the MyStuff section in the store, that you add a "Re-send"/"Re-download" button at each of the already purchased items?? Should be fairly easy to do when a user is already logged in and therefore can verify that the product is already paid for. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ooh, and by the way. The MyStuff section has been emptied completely. The registration of purchases I have made are all gone as well.

Judging from the fact the reviews on items are gone, that there are strange dupes and that "Related" items gives "Sorry, this item is no longer available", it seems that your database is seriously compromised and/or having some bad trouble with coherency.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi everyone, I too inadvertently uninstalled Facebook, and was unable to reinstall via OVI Store, no other options were available for a reinstall. In fact from the various Internet searches there had been a big publicity regarding Facebook S60 being available for download from OVI. This is simply not true. No one can download the Facebook widget from OVI. The fact is Facebook S60 is unavailable from Ovi Store period!

Too be honest I am extremely frustrated with the N97 (I have used N95 and E71 without any problems) and I am very disappointed to say the least. I paid so much money for the N97 and I cannot even download and restore one of the most popular widget Facebook. Nokia Care tells me that they had to wipe and reinstall my brand new N97 if I want the Facebook widget back. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Any suggestion or help is much appreciated.

Please use plain text.

Same here, I just noted that "MyStuff" section has been emptied completely as well.
Please use plain text.

Hi Ovi support

I have set up a new ovi account and followed all the instructions and have received all the sms messages to set up my ovi client.  However when I am using the Ovi store and come to download any apps I get the pop up message saying "The operation could not be completed due to an error".  I am able log in and the ove store accepts my login credentials and tell me that I am logged in.I have logged out and logged in several times for a few days now and still to no avail.  Please help!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Good thing, that I still have my Receipt mails from Ovi, in case I need to re-install!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

henrik, I agree with you on the database being compromised or data integrity in question. I'm a programmer myself and know that if it takes so long to add back applications to the list for a phone, something is seriously broken behind. In a normal situation for a properly designed system, this would just take a few minutes. Even if taking into account approval workflows and procedures, it should be turned around within a day. Each day I see a delay is another day where I become more convinced that Ovi Store is at best in prototype mode.

Having said that, I appreciate the frontline folks such as dsrainmaker and congested taking the hit. They are dependent on the actual guys who implemented the system to fix the issues and are obviously trying their best to address our feedback.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi again.

Kudos to the Ovi team, the problems I mentioned before are all fixed now.

The reviews are back and my "MyStuff" is back up with all my purchases.

Excellent!

Thank you Ovi team for the quick response time :-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

sign in problem

I have a problem with signing in to ovi store on my 5800. When i press the sign in button, after i have entered my username and password, it starts to load something. Then i get the message "You  are now signed in as **********." Then it continues loading and then i get the message "The operation could not be completed due to an error." I have already tried trwoving my account and creating a new one, that didn't work. then i tried reinstalling the ovi store app, that didn't held either. Please held me.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

I found this Facebook app for N97 from a forum. You can give it a shot if it works for you. It also works with 5800 XM.

First install this: (5800 Facebook with the widget+API Bridge). Only API Bridge is needed.

http://rapidshare.de/files/47650012/facebook_installer.sisx.html

After that, replace the 5800 Facebook with N97 Facebook.

http://rapidshare.de/files/47649927/Facebook_n97.wgz.html

Message Edited by ergonpandilus on 24-Jun-2009 11:20 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks mate. It does look like the N97 Facebook is circulating around. I'm just wondering if I should wait for Ovi Store (which ironically is the official source for the app and doesn't have it!) to list it for the N97. Hopefully it is soon? Anyone tried?

Btw slightly OT, Facebook is available for all the major platforms now, including WinMo since May (easily available, so Nokia is behind!). Facebook for iPhone is still one up because it has the chat feature.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi ergonpandilus

You are a godsend. Your solution actually worked. I first installed the API Bridge followed by Facebook widget. I have saved my N97 from going back to Nokia Care for a complete wipe out.

By the way, I checked the two installations with F-Secure Mobile prior and after installation, everything checked out ok.

Fantastic, thanks!

Please use plain text.

Hi ergonpandilus,

Thank you very much. I've been waiting these for a long time. I was so frustrated with Ovi. They are so slow and most of the time they don't work. Imagine the smile you've put on my face.

Btw, which forum did you get this from? I've searched everywhere for this but failed.

Again, thanks.

Please use plain text.

Rainmaker, I recently purchased Advanced Device Locks costing £8.00.  Shortly after I had to send my phone back due to a software issue.  I have contacted OVI twice over the last 10 days and have not a had a reply.  Will I have to pay for it again or can I be sent a link.  I have to receipt if this is required.  I have a 5800

Darren

Please use plain text.
Employee

darren2331 wrote:

Rainmaker, I recently purchased Advanced Device Locks costing £8.00.  Shortly after I had to send my phone back due to a software issue.  I have contacted OVI twice over the last 10 days and have not a had a reply.  Will I have to pay for it again or can I be sent a link.  I have to receipt if this is required.  I have a 5800

Darren

Hello darren2331,

I have resent a link for your application Advanced Device Locks for S60 to your device.

Thank you,

congested

Please use plain text.

My faith has been restored, thanks congested.

D :-)

Please use plain text.
Employee

darren2331 wrote:

My faith has been restored, thanks congested.

D :-)

You are welcome!

congested

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hello Nokia guys ! I have the following problems with OVI : On OVI Store, I can see “You are signed in as username”, but   when I want to download I have the following message : “Signed in failed, please check your user name and password”.So, I delete this account, wait one day and want to create it again, but I can’t use my previous username any more, I was told it was used... Then I create a new account with a new username, but I have the same issue : I am signed in but I can’t download because my signed in failed…Can you help me ? And are you able to help me to use again my original username (because I always use the same, for example with Nokia Music) ….  With OVI sync, I am not able to sync my notes, I have “invalid remote database”  (translate from French…). I only can sync my contacts and events. Can you help me to sync my notes ? Thank you for your help.
Please use plain text.