Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Store Support - Part 1 of 2

Re: Ovi Store Support

Hi. I don't know if this sort of question has been answered previously, but I'll just go ahead and post anyway.

Last night I got a Nokia 5530 XM. I've always been a Nokia user, so I already had the Ovi Store app and the Ovi Suite, and all the Ovi things. I changed my cellphone information on the website and, today, I tried to install applications from the Ovi Store. I sent two sms's to my cellphone with links to download the apps, and I managed to successfully install one (Candle Touch). All went well, etc. However, when I tried to install the second app, the store didn't open and, instead, a message saying that they were sorry and that my device wasn't available on the Ovi store showed up. 

So, I tried accessing the Ovi store through my computer, and it worked just fine. I returned to my cellphone, and I noticed that, below the message, there was a link saying 'start session'. I thought 'maybe that's it, maybe I've just logged out' but whenever I tried to start session, it just redirected me to the same error page (it wouldn't even give me a chance to insert my username or anything). 

I was hoping maybe I could get some help ? Thank you in advance (:

-Ana

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Impossible to complete log-in operation on OVI store

Is there a reason why Nokia still doesn't acknowledge the problem that thousands of users seem to be having with OVI store?

I also get a "Operation could not be completed" message when I try to log-in from the OVI store app on my Nokia N97. It accepts the credentials but gives an error message after I press "I agree" to the terms and conditions of the store.

Please use plain text.

Hi, i own a 5630 XpressMusic device and I'm pretty sure that my device is compatible with Ovi Store since I was able to download themes and games before. Recently, i cannot connect to ovi store. Whenever I go to the site, I am directed to a webpage that says "We're sorry. Ovi store is currently not available for your device etc.". It indicates that my phone is not one of the compatible devices that are able to connect to ovi store. I'm not sure if this case only happens to my device as I don't know anyone else with the same handset. For those who have 5630 XpressMusic, does this also happen to you guys?

I tried contacting the careline and did what they advised which is to reset it's setting to factory settings. It did not work. 

I hope someone could help me. TIA and happy holidays to all!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

During last few month, when I'm trying to sign into store.ovi.com with my Nokia account it always denies by "We're sorry.
The Nokia Account authentication system is currently down. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience."

What is the problem??

Please use plain text.

Hi, i know im not the only one who has experienced this. I have a nokia 5530 and I had to format the sd card because the phone wouldn't turn on whilst it was in any way i lost all my apps like msn and minesweeper and lots of things like that i go to the store to download them and the download button is dark grey and unresponsive there seems to be no way to redownload them I've tried sending a link from the computer doesn't work the only proof on my phone of them being there previously is in the logs in application manager and there seems to be no way to get rid of that I've also tried deleting it on my stuff on the computer but didn't make a difference. 

If you can help it would be much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

After waiting months for an answer I finally did a hard reset. It worked. I no longer received the "Script Alert: Application Initialisation Error." Just make sure you back everything up first.

Please use plain text.

Re: Cannot contact Ovi support

Hello,

My initial problem: I bought an Ovi Store program which does not run properly on my N85 (just flickers all the time). Need refund or updated software.

My secondary problem: when trying to mail through the contact form, the "subject" line is not to be found and therefore cannot be filled in. However, when submitting the request, I get the error message "subject missing". Catch 22??

Tried with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. Same problem.

Please advise what to do.

Cheers,

Karsten (Sweden)

Please use plain text.

Re: Cannot contact Ovi support

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this issue is resolved or not but I cannot do anything in the Ovi store off my N97, I have the latests version and the latest firmware of the N97 and whenever I load the Ovi store it does load however if I try to click anything I get the message "The operation could not be completed due to an error" which has been happening since yesterday. Is there a solution to this one?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, it's me again.

So what's new: Finally new firmware became available here, I updated my phone, updated Ovi store and proceeded to download a free app.

Guess what happened!!!

Download failed.

I have tried to download 5-6 apps (all free, I'm not giving my credit card untill I'm sure I won't get ->), all were "download failed".

It's good that Nokia keeps solving our problems...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Same issue on my 5800 too. Download failed for every app I try. Install destionation is memory card with plenty of free space. Tried removing Ovi Store and re-installing it, it didn't help. I can download from the Ovi Store website only. This bug has been around for months now.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi all On the Nokia Forum,

My Name is Boemien. I Live in Ivory coast (Côte d'Ivoire-West Africa) and I cannot access the Store from my mobile and even from my Computer,i have this error message:

Permission denied This service is not available in your area.

I own a Nokia N900 (Latest Firmware Update), Is there a way to have Ovi Applications through the N900 Application Manager??

I Hope This will be fixed soon…

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the nokia 5800XM which i love, however after updating my software following advice to do so from nokia i could no longer get my ovi store app to work it just loads the first screen and nothing else even when i have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Now however when ever i log in or try to download an app via the browser on my 5800 or via PC i get this message

We're sorry. The Nokia Account authentication system is currently down.

It has been doing this for 1 month!!! Please help!

Loz

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
electricsheep

[ Edited ]

Having messaged Nokia support a couple of times now and getting no response I thought I'd message here. Basically any time I try and download something in ovi store and click send to mobile it asks me to log in and then comes up with...

"Nokia Account authentication system is currently down. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience."

...this has been going on for the past month and a half! If its happening to lots of people than Nokia must be losing buckets of money so quite surprised by the lack of response. Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

P.S. This is for my Nokia 5800 if that is of any relevance..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xDesertDragonx

Maybe this will work for you.

From earlier in this same thread:

2bad wrote:

Part 1 of 2

Quote:-

""

We're sorry.
The Nokia Account authentication system is currently down. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

""

Anybody with more than 5 minutes experience of computers will know that error messages cannot always be read literally. If this message is to be believed, the Nokia authentication server has been down for the last month. (Check back in this thread to see the first occurrence of this issue). But, of course, some people have been logging in ok, so that can't be right?

The computer (all computers really, but in this case, the Nokia server computer) is an idiot. It is merely passing on to you the error message written by whoever designed the web page, and did the error trapping. Blame him for the unhelpful message.

The server is telling you it cannot log YOU in (properly). The way it expresses this is poor, I agree, but that's the way it is. So you're left having to guess why it is that the server cannot log YOU in, when it can log OTHERS in ok.

Therefore, you have to check everything to do with your own personal login info.

I recommend, as I've already posted, recognising that your Ovi store login info is, or may be, different from your Ovi.com account info. Start by going to www.ovi.com, and log in using whatever you think is correct for that account. Assuming you succeed in logging in check all your personal info is complete and correct, especially your mobile number. "Verify"everything. The verification process will send a text to your phone, and an email to your email address.

This cured my problem, both on my PC, and on my phone. (Oh, I was also missing the + from my international mobile number).

When, and only when, that's all ok, log in to Ovi Store (still using your PC).

Go to part 2 of 2 (too many characters in my reply)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
daniele16

hi, i pay sms preview from ovi store 5 euro but this application is free!!why?? it's possible to solve this problem please? i have wifi free connection and it's sure is ovi store problem..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bev309

Ok Re: Ovi Store Support

Ok - still haven't had a reply regarding this nearly a MONTH later even after ringing customer services, being given a reference number & being promised a call back:

I have reported this to Nokia care, but have yet to receive a response.  I tried to download Guitar Hero 5 - went to choose payment method - chose phone bill - then received a server error.  So I tried again - chose phone bill as my payment method - again a server error.  On both occasions the download screen never loaded, so thinking I hadn't actually bought anything, I tried again choosing debit card as my payment method.  The game proceeded to download.  Great, or so I thought.  I have checked my phone bill, & I have been charged for the two failed attempts, so all in all I have been charged £12 on my bill PLUS £6 from my debit card!!!  I am NOT willing to pay £18 for a mobile game  & am even more angry that I still haven't had any response to my query (which I sent on 09/02/10), apart fromthe automated one that promised a reply within 48hrs.  I am really wary of using this store again now as a result, I thought Nokia were a brand to be trusted!

Is there anyone at all that can help me?  I am at the end of my tether!!!!

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: Ok Re: Ovi Store Support

bev309 wrote:

Ok - still haven't had a reply regarding this nearly a MONTH later even after ringing customer services, being given a reference number & being promised a call back:

I have reported this to Nokia care, but have yet to receive a response.  I tried to download Guitar Hero 5 - went to choose payment method - chose phone bill - then received a server error.  So I tried again - chose phone bill as my payment method - again a server error.  On both occasions the download screen never loaded, so thinking I hadn't actually bought anything, I tried again choosing debit card as my payment method.  The game proceeded to download.  Great, or so I thought.  I have checked my phone bill, & I have been charged for the two failed attempts, so all in all I have been charged £12 on my bill PLUS £6 from my debit card!!!  I am NOT willing to pay £18 for a mobile game  & am even more angry that I still haven't had any response to my query (which I sent on 09/02/10), apart fromthe automated one that promised a reply within 48hrs.  I am really wary of using this store again now as a result, I thought Nokia were a brand to be trusted!

Is there anyone at all that can help me?  I am at the end of my tether!!!!

Hello bev309,

Your refund request for the application GUITAR HERO 5 has been sent to the billing department for approval, and when approved may take up to one billing cycle (depending on your credit card provider) to show up in your account.  I have refunded your credit card 2 X 6.00 GBP for the total amount of 12 GBP.

Thank you for your patience!

congested

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bladekiller

I have a problem.

When I open the Ovi store from my Nokia X6,

After choosing WIFI connection,

A pop-up shows that "unable to connect to server". This happens EVERYTIME.

I'm able to access other websites in the UK.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
antyeung

I believe you need to log-in to Ovi Store, it is under Options.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bladekiller

I tried your suggestion. But under Options in Ovi Store, there are only 2 options: Show open apps, Exit.

Please use plain text.