Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Store Support

Registered Member
antyeung

Re: Ok Re: Ovi Store Support

I have a sneaky feeling that your Ovi Store does not access the Internet via your WIFI connection. May I suggest you go to Control Panel > Settings > Connection > Destinations > Internet to check your settings. I do not know for sure but I think Ovi Store must connect via your mobile phone and not WiFi.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xchelle21

Ovi Store Support

i accidentally deleted the adtronic application . may i know how do i reinstall it back ?

Please use plain text.
AZDevil

Re: Ovi Store Support

Mobile Device:  Nokia Nuron 5230

Mobile Service Provider:  T-Mobile

It appears no SMS messages are being sent to my mobile device from either Ovi.com, Ovi Store, or My Nokia.  

Please Help !!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xDesertDragonx

Hello AZDevil,

Since you are using T-Mobile I would suggest giving this a try. 

You may need to disconnect from the internet before proceeding. 

1. Go to settings
  2. Go to connectivity
  3. Destinations
  4. Internet
  5. Select T-Mobile internet & select “edit”
  6. Change access point name to “epc.tmobile.com”

Thank you,

xDesertDragonx

Originally posted here:  /t5/Ovi-com-Ovi-Store-Ovi-Share-and/T-Mobile-users-with-unable-to-connect-to-server-Please-try-again...

Please use plain text.
AZDevil

xDesertDragonx - Thank you for the response.   I took the steps you referenced but my phone was already set up with the access point epic.tmobile.com. 

Any other suggestions?  

Odd that I can not get any SMS messages from Nokia (Ovi.com, Ovi Store) but all other SMS message come through.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xDesertDragonx

I went into store.ovi to check my settings.  You have +1 in the front of your 10 digit cell phone number, and your country selected as United States right?

Exampe:

+15554447777

xDesertDragonx

Please use plain text.
AZDevil

Yes, I have my number set up at Ovi.com as +13334445555 but that still does not produce an SMS from Ovi.com.

I have also reached out to T-Mobile technical help and they tested the same situation from their end and are experiencing the same issue.   They are working with their engineers on this issue as it appears to be global in nature.

Bottomline, the Nokia 5230 through T-Mobile suppresses all SMS messages from Nokia (Ovi.com, Ovi Store, or My Nokia).

My hope is either Nokia or T-Mobile will resolve this issue or I may have to return the phone and get a "non-Nokia" device with an app feature.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
VanHoJa

I'm having the exact same problem on my T-Mobile branded 5230 Nuron... although I can send application download SMS requests to my phone successfully, the Ovi Sync settings SMS is MIA. To enable to phone-based remote sync, I've tried using the "manage my device" link on the Ovi site (in the Contacts page, for example).  I can select "send settings", I get the "you should receive the message shortly" and the PIN number... but no SMS, ever.  I've tried multiple times, and T-Mobile insists it's a Nokia issue.  Just to be clear - I can access the Ovi store on the device, I can receive the online Ovi Store SMS's to download/purchase apps, but the synchronization settings SMS for using Ovi Sync on the device is never received.

Any help on this?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
katiealbow

[ Edited ]

Hey i just saw that you were having a similar problem with the ovistore as me. Just wondering if you ever got it to work...and if so what did you do to fix it?

Im trying to download applications...just any of them...and it comes up with a different error everytime. So annoying.

Thanks! 

Also if possible could you email me back at .. I dont know how to work this...or if you'll even get this message for starters. Thanks!

Moderator's note:

Removed email address. Personal contact information are not allowed on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Pyrexid

Why is there not a option to download apps to your computer like there once was?

How come there isn't a Ovi store app download available through the Ovi store for the N95 8gb?

How the hell is there not a facebook app for the n95 yet!?

Please use plain text.
sallen0710

Hi

Every time I access the Ovi Store on my 5800xm it loads the first page of apps but if I try to change page or go into an app I get the error 'The operation cannont be completed due to an error' I have removed and reinstalled the store several times but always the same problem.

Can anyone help???

S

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Pyrexid wrote:

Why is there not a option to download apps to your computer like there once was?

see  /t5/Ovi-com-Ovi-Store-Ovi-Share-and/How-to-Download-OVI-apps-on-computer/m-p/672072#M3887

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Pallavi_K

Download application only once using DRM forward lock 1.0

Hello,

I have following questions regarding OVI store:

1.  Can we allow the registered user to download the application only once and not multiple   times using DRM forward lock 1.0?

2. At the time of downloading the application can we disable the cancel option so that the user is forced to download the application?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Uno_Hoo

If I log onto Ovi Store via my laptop and sign-in, and then select an application or game I am interested in, the 'mobile selector' window pops up to enable me to select my phone (5800 XM). The problem is that this selector window is always half-off my laptop screen and I can only see the top half of this window. There appears to be no way of moving this window up my screen. The scroll bar only moves the Store window up and down - the mobile selector window still refuses to show more than its upper half - and this means that after selecting my mobile I cannot click on any 'submit' button (or whatever it is called) at the bottom of the window.

Please use plain text.
applebite

Hi rainmaker,
I have the same prob w/ catolh.I jst created my acct June 1 and already have a login prob using the link in my N71.But using my pc,i have no login issue.In my N71 as soon as i try to download something i get told to log in.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I obviously have not read this whole thread, but I think I'm having the same problem as others have reported. I have a Nokia account that I can log into on the Nokia website without trouble (at least not trouble logging in; there's lots of trouble after that, but discussing that is not my purpose here). There's a particular application that I'd like to download and install on my E71. I went to the Ovi store on the Nokia website, found the app (Fring), clicked the appropriate button, and received a text message on the phone. On the phone, I followed my nose and the Ovi store application got installed on the phone, which then rebooted with my permission. Now, presumably, I'm supposed to use this app on the phone to download and install the app I want. Except that it asks me to log in and I can't -- it insists that there's a problem with my username or password. I assure you that there is not -- I did this multiple times, very, very carefully. So I'm in my usual state of Nokia-frustration -- please assist.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
antyeung

I had the same problem, so I suggest you try this:

(1) On your PC go to http://www.ovi.com and login using your registered Username.

(2) Go to Account (located top right under your name) and check that the info recorded are in order.

(3) Then go to http://store.ovi.com and login using the same registered Username.

(4) Go to My Stuff and delete the application that you wish to re-download again.

(5) Make sure your mobile phone has the latest Ovi installed, then access Ovi via your mobile phone and download/install your application again.

Good luck

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for trying, but not the solution. First of all, as I mentioned in my original post, I had just downloaded and installed the Ovi Store application on the phone, so I already have the latest version installed. Also, deleting the app from store.ovi.com from a web browser isn't applicable in this case, since I never succeeded in downloading the app I want (fring) in the first place, as, again, I described in my original post: the problem is that I can't log into the ovi store from the phone, so therefore can't download anything.

I also attempted to try password recovery with the "Forgot password?" link on the phone. That's another joke. I entered both my email address and my (US) phone number in +1AAAXXXYYYY format, as instructed, plus the security image characters and I'm told "Invalid phone number". The format and the number are correct! I deleted the number completely and tried again. Now I get "Password recovery failed".

This stuff is a complete disaster, as is much of Ovi, as well as other aspects of Nokia's software. Nokia is simply and utterly incompetent. I've had a year with this damned phone, fighting with their bugs and bad software design, trying to find workarounds for both. I am going to replace it asap with a not-Nokia phone.  This is supposed to be a productivity tool, and it's quite the opposite.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I think I understand what's going on here. As I've said, I'm attempting to log into the ovi store from an E71. When you type in your username on the E71 and complete it by either pushing the 'enter' button in the navigation ring, or push the bottom part of the navigation ring, the E71 appends a space to what you just typed. So if your user name is 'foobar', what actually gets sent is 'foobar '. Interestingly, it does not do this with the password. This problem is compounded by the fact that the server that receives this is not trimming trailing whitespace from the username, a bug. So you can't log in, unless you realize this and delete the trailing space from your username.

My wife's 5800, with a completely different keyboardless user interface doesn't append the space to the username and thus logging in to the ovi store is no problem on that device. This is a device-specific bug (two of them actually -- the E71 shouldn't be appending the space and the server should be trimming preceding and trailing whitespace from the username).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GLT1973

Hi,

To be honest I have never used the ovi application, but I have always been able to access facebook via the favourites link or just sign in via the mobile web. Have you tried these options? failing that you could do a system reset, back up your handset first, then you need to press these following buttons together at the same time, 

• Caps shift
  • Space bar
  • Delete button
  • On button.

This might sort the system error out.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes, GLT

Please use plain text.