Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Store will not let me re-download apps that I ...

JonathanM41

Ovi Store will not let me re-download apps that I lost after formatting. How can I solve this??

Hi, I own a Nokia N97. I recently had to format my memory after "Flipfont" almost brick my phone (Some how I got it to come on after the app almost killed my phone so DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!) It's a long story but I ended up having to format my memory to get rid of it. After formatting my mass memory I went to the Ovi Store app to try and re-download all my old apps. I went to the "My Stuff" slide and tried to download the apps that I had lost but, when I opened the page for downloading a app that I had before the "Download" was dark grey and unresponsive when I clicked on it. Then I when to te ovi store on my computer and deleted all the apps that I want to re-download from my Ovi download history but, that didn't work ether. I figure that maybe there are some fragments of the old apps still on my phone that are preventing me from re-downloading them but really, I don't know why this is happening or how to solve this problem. Please help

--Thanks  

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Ovi Store will not let me re-download apps that I lost after formatting. How can I solve this??

I'm having the same problem but with my 5800, Have formatted my Micro SD card and when I go to download all the apps I had before the download button is grayed out and I am unable to redownload them. The last time I had this it was because there was still something from the app on my phone however since I formatted the memory card where all the apps where stored I don't think this is the case and I am unable to find them in file manager or app manager. How do I fix this?
Please use plain text.

Re: Ovi Store will not let me re-download apps that I lost after formatting. How can I solve this??

Im having the same problem on 5530 I think its because of logs I managed to find the logs of the applications in the application manager in settings and all my old apps are still there but i cant find any way to delete these logs
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
angelrico101

Hi,

For any unit model, after reformatting the memory card or sending the unit for service, the Ovi store will not allow you to re download the application. However, it will still be saved in the Nokia system as a purchase by you. What you can do is call Nokia Careline and request for these applications. They will require your unit information such as IMEI, mobile number, etc.

You will then receive an SMS with a link for you to be able to re-download the application you previously purchased. However, it would take some time for they have to escalate it to certain department. 

The link that will be sent to you would expire in 2 hours(after you reveive it) so you need to give them a preferred time of the day for you to attend to it. If for instance you've missed the 2 hours allowance for you to re-download it, you could always call Nokia to request for it again to be sent again.

Hope this helps.

Your Nokia Angel in disguise
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I emailed Support and got a reply asking for the details you said however I never got any link, I got a email saying I can re-download the applications on ovi however when I went back I still could not download them, I then decided to see if the web browser would work and interestingly enough it worked. I got a message saying that the file already exists but I have no idea where the downloaded files are so am unable to check and remove them.
Please use plain text.
DKdano

[ Edited ]

Hephey... iam glad to inform all of u that urs truly here, have found a solution....

Hehe well not a perfect one, but it works !

just open the internet browser on ur devise and go to ovistore.com Log in and re-download ur apps, the button is high lighted there, so it can be clicked and it works "wuhuu" :smileyhappy:.....

Do not let it open Ovimarket keep closeing it when it pops up.. u must download direct from ovistore.com

But come on Nokia...! Soooo many post here with this same problem. Some of them with post dates over a year ago..!!

And this is on UR OWN forums and not one qualified answer....!

Get it fixed.... 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
whybew

[ Edited ]

YAY! I found a way to redownload the lost apps!

Apparently you only have to

1) turn on your PC, go to ovistore with your browser

2) connect your handset to your PC

3) find the app that you want to redownload

4) click on the 'SEND TO FRIEND' button

5) *** now, go to the URL bar of the browser, you should see something like this:
   http://store.ovi.com/content/807288A.../send-to-friend

good luck!

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited as it contains an unapproved method of downloading an application from Ovi Store.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NikkyBissoon

[ Edited ]

I cannot upload pics nor can i connect to WLAN.

whybew wrote:

YAY! I found a way to redownload the lost apps!

Apparently you only have to

1) turn on your PC, go to ovistore with your browser

2) connect your handset to your PC

3) find the app that you want to redownload

4) click on the 'SEND TO FRIEND' button

5) *** now, go to the URL bar of the browser, you should see something like this:
   http://store.ovi.com/content/807288A.../send-to-friend

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Unapproved method of downloading an application from Ovi Store has been removed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
7nightwing7

The fix is not working anymore. Damn, how do i get my downloaded aps back.

Please use plain text.
mariaa

[ Edited ]

DKdano wrote:

Hephey... iam glad to inform all of u that urs truly here, have found a solution....

Hehe well not a perfect one, but it works !

just open the internet browser on ur devise and go to ovistore.com Log in and re-download ur apps, the button is high lighted there, so it can be clicked and it works "wuhuu" :smileyhappy:.....

Do not let it open Ovimarket keep closeing it when it pops up.. u must download direct from ovistore.com

But come on Nokia...! Soooo many post here with this same problem. Some of them with post dates over a year ago..!!

And this is on UR OWN forums and not one qualified answer....!

Get it fixed.... 

ohhh i just tried it again and kept exiting the markett. i shouldve read ur responce better.. thankyouu!

Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

Just wonder why Nokia set such limitation for user to re-download the purchased application.  Buyer has log in and install or re-install the paid application in Ovi Store.  Why did user has lost his own right after the 5 times re-downloading?  There is NO such ridiculous limitation in Apple Store nor Android Marketplace.  This issue is not fresh in Ovi Store but lasts for year around.  Why did Nokia not rectify this cracy limit?  Why waste support time for such nonsensible restriction?  This may be the reason why Nokia is lossing market share comparing to other smart phone.

angler
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alchemdekara

I have nokia E71 and I reformated my phone memory. While I have an ovistore or did, the application wont open. I tried re-installing but after it goes through the process of preparing and installing, it says "file not found" how do i reinstall ovi store without it saying that.

I just want to put apps back on my phone that I payed for but can't without ovistore.

Please use plain text.
manojsaha

I have wasted almost two days trying everything.  Then I googled and find this suitable solution. This is simply great... thanks to all for posting such a practical solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
surajtjdtg

am using nokia 5233. I can't downloading from ovi store. When i am downloadin any app it always show greyed or unresponsiable to download the app. I did unstalled client platform and all related to nokia ovi store. Then i update my ovi store and signin my nokia account but again it is not work. Please help me
Thank u
Please use plain text.