Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Store

bryza47

Ovi Store

If anyone from Nokia reads this:

The Contact Us section of your website does not work (it keeps on telling me fields are not filled out when they all are), and you don't provide a direct email contact so there is no way for me to report that I have been charged twice for an item because your stupid store keeps screwing up. I am also trying to purchase another application and it keeps on saying there's a Card Error even though all the details entered are correct.

Pretty disappointed with just about everything to do with the store at this point. Please contact me via PM or email (my username for the discussion board is the same as for the Ovi store).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

Does this help? http://support.ovi.com/osc/en_GB/contactus

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
bryza47

Thanks for trying to help but that is the problem.

It will not send a message; it keeps on telling me to check fields marked with red and will not send the message. Not only are no fields marked in red, but I have filled out every field with a red asterix, and also tried filling every field available. The message just flat out will not send. It was an $8 app. and I'm not too happy about being double charged for it and having no way to point out the problem to anyone except via this discussion board which as far as I know is not monitored by Nokia staff.

So if anyone does read this:

I was double charged for these items:

8C1UTM8MEHWH
FJADQKCXNP49

The first time the transaction failed and I was told to try again, so did so, and was charged twice.

I solved the other problem by using a friend's credit card as mine flat out refused to work for no apparent reason. Seeing as it was a $33 app. you'd think Nokia would want my money enough to have a functioning store.

I see from looking through this board that people are experiencing similar problems frequently. It's dissapointing that not only does the store seem to be malfunctioning left, right, and centre, but that there is NO avenue for customer service. Would it hurt to provide an email address instead of a form based system that does not work?

Please use plain text.
bryza47

Ironically, with every free App. I've downloaded the store has worked fine with no issues.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you are finding problem as described above.. try calling.. The phone no. of local Nokia support will be available under the same tab...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Employee
Unsu

Hello bryza47,

I tried it out, and I successfully sent a message by going through the link provded by user "phonehacker."  What internet browser are you using?  I'm curious if other users are having the same type of problem.

I believe the phone number you are looking for to get help with your specific problem is 1300 366 733 according to http://www.nokia.com.au/support/contact-us/nokia-careline

I hope this helps,

Unsu

Please use plain text.
bryza47

Thank you. I'll call on Monday. I'm using Firefox. I've tried at least 5 times and it refuses to work.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
carpetshark

Do you have any addons in FF like Noscript and Adblock? I also use Tab permissions, and have to check to make sure redirect is enabled there, also. Weezy
Please use plain text.

I have exactly same problem. Charged twice for the same app (first try said time out, so I tried again)  and I cant fill the contact us form because the language dropdown has only one option called "Select" and I can't move on because this field is mandatory. I tried both FireFox and IE8 to no avail.

I have contacted my local (Turkey) Nokia team and they've told me that they can't reimburse this and I am quite furious to suffer for a server-side problem. I've been living off the internet (online shopping/buying/etc) and now they tell me I may have clicked twice, after I told them that I had to re-enter every piece of information, because Ovi Store within my phone told me the transaction has timed out and left me with only the option of buying it(again!).

How can I reach some proper support on this issue? Any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks in advance,

Please use plain text.
Employee
Unsu

Hello bahadirozkurt,

I tried searching for your username, but could not locate any transactions.  Please send me a private message containing your username and/or your transaction numbers and I will try look up your transactions.

Thank you,

Unsu

Please use plain text.

Hi Unsu,

In the following weeks of the incidence, Nokia contacted me saying my money will be paid back. It was not paid back, but it least I felt better, since the corporation has accepted their fault.

A few weeks later,  just by pure luck a friend of mine got assigned to supervise / train Turkey call center and when they were looking for a case study of problematic customer, they picked my situation.They've called me again and guarenteed the money will be refunded, which in 5~ days went to my credit card.

So the problem is solved, but not without raising some ruckus. Although I'm happy about Nokia's latest response, I have to say that the call center guys need to be trained better before launching the call center, telling them they are there to solve CUSTOMER's problems not to protect Nokia against customers.

Regards,

Please use plain text.