Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi account, Nokia account, Discussions Account?

Advisor
mc13

Ovi account, Nokia account, Discussions Account?

Are all these accounts different? And can I roll them into one?

Rather, is my discussions account != Nokia account?

Please point out if this is a repeated question. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: Ovi account, Nokia account, Discussions Account?

Ovi account and Nokia account are the same thing. The discussions account is still separate, but probably not for long.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

[ Edited ]

Thanks mc13 for an excellent question and petrib for the correct answer!

We are already working on merging our Discussions accounts with the universal Nokia account (which is also used for most Ovi services). There's still a few loose ends here and there but we're making steady progress. 

The migration itself should be fairly simple for every existing Discussions member, regardless of whether you already have a Nokia account or not.

If you don't already have a Nokia account, it might be handy to create one with the same username and password that you now use here. They don't have to be the same, but it just makes it easier for you to remember your passwords when the migration starts. If your current Discussions username is already taken by someone else for his Nokia account, don't worry, your Discussions alias will still remain the same.

After you've merged your accounts (and created a new Nokia account if you didn't already have one), the biggest change is that you will start to log into these forums with your Nokia account username and password. Your current Discussions identity ( = your future Nokia "nickname" or "alias" ) will remain the same and is the only personal detail that is displayed here.

If you already wish to create a Nokia account, please visit

http://account.nokia.com/

We'll post more info and full instructions for every possible account combination once we're all set to go, hopefully still during September.

Message Edited by vandelay on 09-Sep-2009 08:29 PM

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
touficabualwan

I am Toufic Abu Alwan i am registered to Nokia I had a C 007 and now i bought Lumia 925 and i want to enter my account and i forgot my pass word my mother maiden name is Asma and i was born in july 12 1935 my e mail is yahoo touficabualwan@yahoo.com mcan you helme
Please use plain text.