Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi installer fails from behind proxy.

Ovi installer fails from behind proxy.

I can't install Ovi since I'm behind a proxy.

Is there a complete download? not just a web download?

Or why can't I define my proxy for the installer.

Does anyone have a work around? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Hi,

If you are talking about Nokia OVI Suite installer,

then you can find the web installer in

http://www.ovi.com/services/support/nokiaovisuite

and if you are not looking for ovi suite, kindly do mention, what exactly you are looking for :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.

>>I can't install Ovi since I'm behind a proxy.

The Ovi web installer, at the URL you provided, requires a web connection.

BUT does not allow you to enter your proxy settings, where I am requires all internet connection to go via the company proxy.

So since I cannot enter the proxy server, user & pass, I cannot install the product.

Ovi seems to allow you to specifiy proxy details once installed, but not during installation.

Is there a work around or a installer that does not require a web connection?

Jeff Porter 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Hi,

Why dont you get some OVI Suite DVD from any of your friends so that you can install ?  Is there any restriction for downloading from DVDs at your place ???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
n95ix

Are you kidding? We need a proxy solution in Ovi suite for use inside a corporation. Why don´t provide a proxy support?

Please use plain text.

This is still remains.

You can download the installer, since a browser allows you to enter proxy settings.

BUT

when you run the installer it requires an internet connection, BUT if you are behind a proxy, then you are screwed. You cannot enter the settings for the proxy for the installer.

I've given up and brought an Magic (google phone).

Shame on Nokia for not even sorting this small simple issue, thus stopping me for using their phone.

Please use plain text.
dodgemyrl

I had the same problem (behind proxy). I was able to install/run Ovi by disconnecting my (LAN) network cable vainly hoping there would be some settings in the application to configure for a proxy.

If I start Ovi with the LAN connected, it dies. If I start Ovi without the LAN (behind proxy) it starts OK. I can then re-connect the LAN but Ovi still only connects online through my phone costing big $$$.

Did it not occur to the designers that some people work behind a proxy? Even if we can't go online, you would expect at the very least that the application would start without crashing and have the basic capacity to work offline, with the locally connected phone.

Poor effort Nokia...really **bleep** (out-sourced?) software

Please use plain text.
mplungjan

I connected my nokia and told it from the OVI dropdown to connect to the internet.

It then could access OVI for updates

Not super slick, but it worked

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Hey

Now Nokia Ovi Suite has got 2.2.0.245, in which users can give their proxy settings in Nokia Ovi Suite

Nokia Ovi Suite > Tools > Options > General > Proxy

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
afberendsen

That option onyl allow to set-up the user/password for an existiong proxy server.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fuuni

Any news regarding this problem?

I am also behind a corporate proxy and Ovi can't connect via LAN.

Best
Casper

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivanrancati

Correct, also in 3.0.0.290 it's only possible to set username/password.

But what about proxy name and port?

Maybe somebody from Nokia can advise. Is there a Windows registry setting that needs to be modified?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mobile_starter

I install ovi 220245 instead of newest ovi 311XXX. When I asked to online upgrade to the latest update (ovi 311xxx) from older ovi (220245),wow....I can login to my account using proxy even using proxy username & password... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Setting the IE proxy setting is not enough. You also have to set the WinHTTP proxy setting via command line.

netsh winhttp set proxy <YOUR PROXY SERVER>:<PORT> "<EXCLUSION LIST>"

note: Be sure to run cmd.exe as administrator, when you set the winhttp proxy settings!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
janbirger

Thanks harishek,
I used proxycfg on Windows XP and this worked. I was able to logon the store, but I could not update the phone. Now it worked OK.

But Nokia, please fix this!
Please use plain text.
oz42

harishek wrote:
Setting the IE proxy setting is not enough. You also have to set the WinHTTP proxy setting via command line.

netsh winhttp set proxy <YOUR PROXY SERVER>:<PORT> "<EXCLUSION LIST>"

note: Be sure to run cmd.exe as administrator, when you set the winhttp proxy settings!

This does not help, correct proxy credentials are still refused.

Please use plain text.