Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Please, Please, Please, offer re-download supp...

Registered Member

Please, Please, Please, offer re-download support.

How come we aren't able re-download purchased apps? I refuse to purchase ANYTHING from the Ovi store until you have a method in place for re-downloading items I purchase. What if I need to hard reset my device or lose it? How will I replace my apps I purchased? Really poor form Nokia to not have a solution in place.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Please, Please, Please, offer re-download support.

I fully support this! I will not make any further purchases until this must-have feature is in place and working! And I will advise other people to do the same.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I totally agree. Please do no alienate your customers by imposing over-restrictive DRM.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I now have two applications that I downloaded where the installation failed.The first one I am still waiting for some sort of response for a refund. I emailed support a couple weeks ago and played ping pong email for a few days until they finally told me to call. I called and talked to a rep and was put on hold about 5 times until she put a ticket in to escalate. I was told I would get a call in a couple days. That was a couple days ago. Now, today was when I..... for my own stupidty.... downloaded two more apps and one of them failed also!!! So now I have to go through this process again and I am still out on my money for the first failed install! YIKES!!! This is horribly irritating!
Please use plain text.
Sage
aronpresley

Redownload and a link to Download it to our computer in case of backups..I think it's a must...No downloads from the Ovi otherwise...
Nokia 3230, Nokia 6255i, Nokia 6500s, Nokia N72, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia 5800 XM, Apple Iphone 3G
Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

agreed. Ovi Store listen to your customers, this is a must have feature.

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Employee

Thank you all for your suggestion!

congested

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

I purchased quite a few applications from the store, last week I upgraded my phone(E71) to the latest Firmware and I wanted to reinstall the purchased applications which isnt possible from the store, after 7 days I never received links from Nokia support for all the applications, they claimed that some of them were not available anymore (ie Midomi, Guitar Hero, etc) and that I would get a refund for them (no refund as of yet).

What is interesting is that they do not know which of the apps in the My Stuff section are paid for and the service stuff has to prune them manually and send the links over SMS. 

I dont know what is the policy for external links but this is my post about my problems with the OVI store, if its not proper to link here, the mods can remove it.

Message Edited by ggpanta on 08-Jul-2009 03:29 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

I couldn't agree more. Not offering a re-download option will kill the Ovi Store unless it is introduced very rapidly. I have no intention of paying for any applications from Ovi until such time as a re-download option is introduced.

I've had my N97 for 3 weeks now and have formatted it about 5 times due to lockups, crashes or data inconsistencies in MailforExchange. So as well as being frustrated by the device's lack of reliability, I have paid for 2 applications (1 of which twice because I needed it) from Ovi Store and have not been able to re-download them since formatting the device.

I emailed Ovi Store support about 2 weeks ago and have only just had a response to my complaint.

It's very disappointing for the world's largest handset manufacturer to not include a fairly fundamental requirement for a distribution platform. Come on Nokia, I've used your phones my entire mobile life, don't make me go elsewhere!

I've done a word heavy review of Ovi here: http://www.lewisroberts.com/2009/07/16/ovi-review/

Message Edited by bipolarchucker on 20-Jul-2009 11:01 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warrens2

i diddnt know this,i thought the "my stuff" tab was for redownloading,perhaps nokia need to look at sonys playstation store,i have purchased two things but i better wait till this is sorted before i buy again.
Please use plain text.

Hello,

only 9 replys to this topic? Strange, every nokia user i know is displeased by the lack of re-downloading or any other form of backup. And nobody will countinue to buy apps until this is resolved. The only answer we get is "Thank you all for your suggestion!"- is that really all you have to say? What about some sort of staus message or if there are any plans at all? Come on, look at your competitors and you know what you have to to. And btw, auto updates (if the vendor wants to provide this) would also be nice. And do not only think about people who resetted their phone and sd card because of an fimware upgrade (like me). What about nokia users who change their phone not only 1 time in two years but two or three times a year (i know a lot).

Regards,

Matthias

Please use plain text.
Contributor

This does seem a pretty fundamental requirement to be honest...

Hard to believe Nokia haven;t responded to this yet.

Please use plain text.

Totally Agreed. I mean surely they have enough common sense to let you re-download an app. Also why no download to a computer support. It really is not that hard guys. Cmon Nokia think a little.
Please use plain text.