Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Re-download software bought from Ovi Store

0ladyt0

I just brought an app and it took the moeny but didnt download it. I check my phone and its not there and every time i open the app on ovi its says launch but nothing happens.

Please help

If anyone has the telephone number for customer support and you please give me it.

thank you

Please use plain text.
Sage
veselinmarkovic

This is their UK contact number:

Nokia Care
Call +44 (0) 845 0455555
Mon-Fri 9 am - 7 pm (except bank and public holidays)

For other countries go to http://europe.nokia.com/support/contact-us

Hope that helps :smileywink:

P.S. I had the same issue, they took my money and I didn't let me have the software. It's another... server issue. I had to go to my bank and file a complaint. I got the money back in about a month...

Check the Applications folder once more though, it sounds like you app should be there.

"The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made." HAL 9000
Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

Why do user have to phone contact Nokia Care to re-download the purchased application?  It does not make sense that Nokia implement such limitation in Ovi Store for re-downloading purchased application.  It is some poor practice when Handango started to ask for an extra fee so called downloading protection.  Undoubtedly Nokia's nonsensible limitation push existing user to other platform. 

angler
Please use plain text.
cesarmroldan

I had to restore mi phone N97 and I only could  re download 5 applications. (not five times each application)

Nokia don't give us any response or solution. Ive always bought original software, but I am considering patching the 21 applications I bought. Anyway The nokia Support Is the same: no support.

Besides, no one from Nokia gives appropriate responses to what we need. Must Be Reported by the manner in which abuse their customers.

Gentlemen, buy products with real support and operate without lies (like the i phone or similar) . Not acquire costly problems such as Nokia and lies of OVI.

I feel angry and cheated by nokia. Nokia and Ovi are stealing our money.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
annopman

i can not download qik camera pro app.

I bought from Ovi Store some time ago?

Please use plain text.
kkse71

Re-download software bought from Ovi Store

I need to write to Nokia support for the above subjet. I am from India. Could some one post the email ID also a phone number where I could call.

I am not able to install a software I purchased and I am sure I re-installed it only for 2 times including the first time when I purchased it.

Thanks,

Krishna

Please use plain text.
Sage
veselinmarkovic

[ Edited ]

Here you go:

http://www.nokia.co.in/support/ask-nokia

CountryCountry Code 
(City Code)
Telephone NumberWorking HoursLanguage Supported
India+91 (city code) 

Example: 
Bangalore +91 (80)
Delhi +91 (11)
303038389AM-9PM (Mon-Sun, including Public Holidays)

English,
Hindi, 
Tamil, 
Telugu, Kannada, 
Bengali, 
Malayalam, 
Punjabi, 
Marathi, 
Gujarati

Please use plain text.
Advisor
philippe3

I have the same problem guys. After a hard reset, the store asks me to pay again for my apps. I have send several message to the support, and tweets to Nokia Care. I am still waiting.

Please use plain text.
alex291177

I really wasted my time with this **bleep**ing phone (N97). 

Didn't used the phone for a few months (guess what - got an iPhone 4) and just started because my wife need tomorrow an internet-connection for her iPad. However the Phone needs a reset. I remembered that i used JoikuSpot Premium and ofc i paid for. But what a surprise, the App can't be downloaded until i rebuy it again.

So now i have to contact Nokia and begging for send me a link to download an app i already paid but they won't answer in the next hours ...

So now i buy here an iPhone too. Thanks Nokia for helping me.

I wish you all best luck find some stupid customer buy your products.

Please use plain text.
Ajasco

My N8 hang frequently which lead to restoration of the unit from the backup. This backup did not restore my software back. The fingerprint pro 2.8 paid for could not be reinstall. What is the way out?
Please use plain text.
kkse71

thanks much for posting it...

Please use plain text.
ba0645

Same problem here. I had to sent my n900 back to Nokia because of a problem with the touchscreen. After I got it back I tried to restore my saved config. Everything has been restored back, except my bought and installed programs. I mailed to Nokia three times. Never got even an answer back :-(

So far this is not the service I expect from a good shop.

Still trying to contact Nokia and hope to get that problem solved as this is the only thing I can do.

Please use plain text.
Sage
veselinmarkovic

[ Edited ]

I think we all agree Ovi Store is not a good kind of shop. Anyhow, I don't know if other people managed to get their apps, nobody's sent any kind of feedback (please do, people!).

I did it after sending about a dozen emails. If I were you, I'd call Nokia by phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
philippe3

You have to send an email to the support, then they will call you to tell you they will send a message on your phone with a link to re download your stuff. They have to send one message for one app. What a mess!

Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

[ Edited ]

I was fool enough to buy N8 few weeks before Nokia and Microsoft cooperation agreement. I was fool enough to buy application via Ovi Store and cannot re-download my purchased application exceeding that ridiculous 5 times limit.

Why did buyer BEG Nokia support for a simple link to re-download the purchased application? Is there any place in the service agreement that Nokia put such limitation for re-downloading? Is this violate consumer's right?

N8 needs to get all OS application back to work ONLY by Nokia Service Center, NOT by factory reset function in the device. This is NOT where iPhone, Android phone, or WP7 phone works since buyer CAN factory reset his own device at any time without the need to have done via service center. The restoring function has prime issue which creates problem for buyer to re-install all purchased application back to the phone. It is not the problem of buyer, but Nokia.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. While your feedback is welcome in the discussions board, we encourage users to voice out their concerns in a tone that is respectful to Nokia and other users to maintain a friendly environment. Thank you for understanding.

For assistance about any unresolved concerns or complaints about your device/your recent experience at our local Nokia Care Point, we highly recommend that you use the "Contact Us" link at your local Nokia website or get in touch with your local Nokia Careline.

angler
Please use plain text.
Sage
veselinmarkovic

[ Edited ]

Yeah, agreed... :smileysad:

I've liked Nokia for their design and goof quality, but this is really getting ridiculous...

For example, they have a detailed map of my country on the Internet, but the one you get to download to your phone has NOTHING on it! That's just stupid! It'd be fine if they didn't have the map, plain and simple - but they DO and they HAVEN'T MADE IT AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD! It's not that I can't UNDERSTAND - my country is a small Heaven-forsaken country... but it is a market where Nokia SELLS VERY WELL, so W T F, guys...

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. Inappropriate use of words is not allowed in this forum. This is to maintain a friendly environment.

Please use plain text.
Middlesex

I double-clicked  'Go to Solutions' and have read all the dissatisfued comments but nowhere did I find a solution on how to re-download software previously purchased from Nokia Ovi Store.

My Nokia E7-00 returned from Nokia Repair Service without data and software. I had taken the precaution to backup and then re-install on its return with the exception of the Oxford English Dictionary softwarde. Having purchased it once from Ovi Shop, it should not be necessary to re-purchase.

All the software distributers that I deal with allow software to be re-downloaded once it has been purchased!

Why is Nokia making life so difficult for its committed customers?

Please use plain text.
Sage
veselinmarkovic

[ Edited ]

Because they're ****holes...

Edit: Sorry Nokia, it's true.

Please use plain text.
kkse71

To every one who are looking for to re-download a purchased software from OVI and not finding it.

Guys its not worthy to purchase software from OVI store.

- As we have heard it is true that there is a limit of download to a PURCHASED software.

- Nokia customer care executives are not sure if it is 5 or 6 or 7 downloads but surely you cannot download after second attemt (my experience)

- They have for sure no answer for the above question.

What I did?

- First I sent an email thru Nokia support website with the purchase order number of the software

- I got a call from nokia care saying they will send an SMS with the link, that never came. He (Viplav) did say that if you do not hear get back to us ;-)

- I sent an email again. No reply for at least a week.

- I called up Nokia and complained

- After this I got a call (Nishanth) while on the call he sent me the SMS with the link

I was fortunate enough to get it back this time and I am sure this software will not stay with me for long!!!

Hope it helps.

Kris

Please use plain text.
Advisor

It is reasonable to pay for software only in cases you already owns a copy (legal or illegal no difference) of software. It is possible to get the installation files even when you download programs directly to phone from Ovi (or whatever online store).

Similar **bleep** happens everywhere, laptops sold without physical copies of legally bought software etc. Everybody just trying to give less out for money. And customers have to decide how much money they can put on risk when buying things they never actually get. As already mentioned on another thread it happened to me 3 times this week. I will deffinitely buy some beers next time instead of paying for software with my money.

Please use plain text.