Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Regarding Nokia Promo

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

Regarding Nokia Promo

On the 24th April 2008 i've got a txt message from Nokia UK on my mobile saying that I won 265,000 pounds from the Nokia Mobile Promo. I've send them an e mail which is (nokia_claimsdepartment@live.co.uk). I got the email from them, on the same day where they After that I got the mail where they provided the given details and need the my information.

VERIFICATION NO: CN-435-563-6

Allprocesses regarding the delivery of your cheque through your selectedcourier service will be carried out at your payment center.

MODE OF DELIVERING

1. You are require to choose an option in the attachment below on how you are to receive your winning cheque.

You are require to print, fill, scan it back via email immediately.

RULES AND REGULATIONS
1.Winners are required to send a copy of either their driver’s license or international passport for identification purposes along with the filled form.

2.Winners must know that the money won is very huge and as such should try as much as possible to keep their wins strictly confidential until the said funds has been received. This is to avoid impersonation or double claims which we have experienced in previous draws.

After reading some complains in the same regard, I am now in doubt. Is this true that Nokia UK are having us receiving this money or is this a scam?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Regarding Nokia Promo

[ Edited ]
It's obviously a scam sent by someone who has access to your phone number and email address.

Nokia wouldn't contact you like that and the only competitions that they do are ones that you have to enter.

The biggest clue is the fact that the claims dept email address ends with @live.com. Why would a massive corporation like nokia need to use an email address from a free provider?

You need to ask yourself what other details have you freely given out to websites and what they might be doing with them?

Message Edited by psychomania on 26-Apr-2008 12:26 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Use the spam button . It is a hoax.
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Regarding Nokia Promo

26-Apr-2008 11:29 AM
pcworld wrote:
On the 24th April 2008 i've got a txt message from Nokia UK on my mobile saying that I won 265,000 pounds from the Nokia Mobile Promo. I've send them an e mail which is (nokia_claimsdepartment@live.co.uk). I got the email from them, on the same day where they After that I got the mail where they provided the given details and need the my information.

VERIFICATION NO: CN-435-563-6

Allprocesses regarding the delivery of your cheque through your selectedcourier service will be carried out at your payment center.

MODE OF DELIVERING

1. You are require to choose an option in the attachment below on how you are to receive your winning cheque.

You are require to print, fill, scan it back via email immediately.

RULES AND REGULATIONS
1.Winners are required to send a copy of either their driver’s license or international passport for identification purposes along with the filled form.

2.Winners must know that the money won is very huge and as such should try as much as possible to keep their wins strictly confidential until the said funds has been received. This is to avoid impersonation or double claims which we have experienced in previous draws.

After reading some complains in the same regard, I am now in doubt. Is this true that Nokia UK are having us receiving this money or is this a scam?

Thanks

I recived the sms through my cellphone on 30 april 2008 which said: "congradulations!! your mobile number has won 170,000,00 in the on going NOKIA MOBILE PROMO for claim call NO +34-????? or e-mail: nokia70series@yahoo.es "
I called the no# and they told me i have to send my general information through email then the varification department will check then they will send the cheque by DHL to my addres.
I wanNa know is this true ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

No, it's spam ignore it.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

No reputable company, Nokia included, would hold competitions in this way.

Please NEVER send copies of identity documents to unchecked organisations, this could be identity fraud.

If you wish to know about genuine Nokia promotions and competitions when they arise, consider signing up to My Nokia which is currently being phased in around the world.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.

lately ( may08) i recieved same text i called he answered under nokia scp office...he kept insist than is not a scam ..he send an e-mail back to send for courier that the money will be send only to me ..but pay western union for Over £590 .....they must jail this people !!! and i thought is fraud (illegal) using company s rights to do this

regards
Please use plain text.

i've got a txt message from Nokia UK on my mobile saying that I won 265,000 pounds from the Nokia Mobile Promo. I've send them an e mail which is (nokia_claimsdepartment@live.co.uk). I got the email from them, on the same day where they After that I got the mail where they provided the given details and need the my information.
VERIFICATION NO:CN-435-663-6
THe problem they whant 490 pounds befor to teking the pris
and I hav to sandet the money for personal name not for company and vithaut any document. Hou it is posibl. I agry to remuved from my pris this 490 pound, and sand my 264510.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

The people who fall for cams like this are the people that keep the scammers in business.

The email address gives it away:
nokia_claimsdepartment@live.co.uk

Why would a large company need to use a freely available live.co.uk email address?

All it takes is a bit of common sense.
Please use plain text.

how can I chek that is troo or not, my verification no: CN-435-663-6 tel:+971507490434.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Read the thread IT IS A CON. You will get no money from it.

Nokia have not sent this too you.

These scams are designed to get money from foolish people who will believe anything.
Please use plain text.

Dear Sir,
Recently I recived an SMS saying My cell phone has won you 165000. 000 pounds in the ongoing Nokia uk promo. For claim contact Tel No. +447011130444 or Email will.greely@live.co.uk .I contact through this email and recived that I have to pay an amount of 577 pound for courier charge for send the money. Please clarify it is true. What I do for this mattter.

Siji Joji
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Did you not bother to read the thread before you posted that message?
Please use plain text.

Hi all,
they're running the scam in Australia too. I got a message saying.... CONGRATULATIONS!YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS JUST WON FOR YOU 250 000GBP IN THE NOKIA PROMO,FOR CLAIM CALL:+44**********,EMAIL:nokiamobilconnectpromo@yahoo.com

I suspected it was a hoax, for your reference (ps. congratulations for being intelligent enough to search for information about a promotion that appeared to be a hoax and stumbling across this discussion page as I did)
multiple give aways as to it's lack of authenticity included.

1. Nokia is a huge corporation with their own email designation, they do not need to or nor would they use a free provider, ever, let alone for promotions.

2. The message itself is typed so as to fit into a single message (costs less) by neglecting to use spaces where appropriate, Nokia is certainly more professional and not in a million years would they be so cheap as to pull a stunt like that.

3.If you didn't enter into a draw for a promotion how did they pick you out? Think about that

4. If draw winners are electronically chosen at random, through which phone company have they been allowed access to an electronic database of specifically mobile phone numbers? Think about that, There's privacy laws in all 1st world countries against third party sharing of personal information, that's why you have to enter draws of your own accord.

5. How do they even know you are using a Nokia phone? your phone number itself gives no indication of the type of phone you use.

6. Anytime you recieve a "prize" asking you to phone or email (i.e. chase the matter up yourself) for your winnings it's not a genuine prize. Genuine prizes come to you, you don't have to go to them.

7. And finally, don't be idiots folks if they're asking you to pay for postage or shipping on your own "prize" no prize exists, especially with regard to monetary winnings... If they had to post it it would be in the form of a cheque in an envelope, a mere few pence or cents not dollars and certainly easily taken out of the winning money if it existed.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Nokia is not involved in any such schemes, these are designed to cheat you.

Nokia's official statement can be found here:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=news&thread.id=608

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have received a very similar SMS and subsequent E-mails. i do not know what to do but say God behaind them, the cheaters.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

On the 29th April 2009 i've got a txt message from Nokia UK on my mobile saying that I won 500,000 pounds from the Nokia Mobile Promo. I've send them an e mail which is  : nokiaprommot@live.co.uk . I got the email from them, on the same day where they After that I got the mail where they provided the given details and need the my personal information and copy of my personal documents....Im from serbia
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

[ Edited ]

Please read the whole thread carefully, these messages are frauds committed by criminals intent on stealing your money.

(1) You will only win Nokia competitions if you enter one, and a Nokia promotion would be run by your local Nokia sales unit, you would not hear from the Nokia sales unit in a different country (except where a single office operates Nokia services in a several countries, the Baltic states being a good example of this).

(2) Nokia never uses free e-mail addresses like 'live.co.uk'.

(3) Nokia would never ask for money to secure delivery or a prize, which these frauds usually demand.

These frauds can obtain your personal details from anywhere, including any companies that you have bought goods from or any web site that you have signed up to. You are advised to treat your personal data with extreme care.

Nokia made an official statement on this subject here:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=news&thread.id=608

Message Edited by michaels on 28-Apr-2009 08:53 PM

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Regarding Monika Promo

On 6-5-09 i received an email from Sundell Petra with congratulations from nokia ph co. saying my email address has won the 3rd category -a nokia 6300 ph: serial no. N67CS6 & 400.000.00GBP !! It says i have to contact Mr. Patrick Jeff on +44 70359 20427 or email nokia.claimsdepartment@8u8.com with my details. I was immediately suspicious & was glad to stumble onto this site which has confirmed what i suspected. Identity theft con i reckon! Thanks from Australia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi

i am from mauritius and i got a message from nokia on 12 july 2009 and i want to know if the message is true

the message is as follows

CONGRAT: YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS WON YOU THE SUM OF 172,000 (GBP) AND FOR CLAIM PLEASE EMAIL US AT :mobilenokia2@live.com and call at +447035963190

and after they also said i need pay a courier fee and pay tax

is it tru or false

thanx

Please use plain text.