Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Regarding Nokia Promo

Registered Member

Re: Regarding Nokia Promo

on 31 of oct 2009 i recived a scam e-mail from (uk.nokiapromo@yahoo.com) that person is using the name of nokia promo from free e-mail provider to tell us that we win 350000 pound if u need i can give the telphone number of him if u like to judge him, or what we can do with this person ) thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Nokia promo sent a message with text:Congratulations!You are the winner of 250,000.00 Pounds UK.

sent by info@nokiaoffice.org

can u explain something more about this 

it is true or not

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]
It's obviously false, a total scam.  Did you not read all of this thread before you posted on it?
Message Edited by psychomania on 04-Nov-2009 08:38 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Today 14 Jan 2010   I also received a sms from Nokia notifing me that I have won a large sum of money.  Using Nokia"s name and email adress.  They even supplied an address in Bloemfontein South Africa.  Their contact no's are +27731446971and +27726599359.  They even answer the fone as Nokia claims dept.  Would just like to inform all users in South Africa that the hoax has arrived here.. many thanks  Antie B
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

19-01-2010 i receiverd sms from nokia.in sms wrote that my cell number has just won me 250.000.000 pounds in the NOKIA PROMO in UK.could you tell me what is happen?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I've read the thread, but nobody mentioned that they received mail from nokiauk@europe.com. they say that I've won the sum of Ј800,000 GBP in cash credited to a file in the just concluded NOKIA PROMO. and for more information I should contact claims agent. details were given below: (Dr.Kent Greene and tel). what should I do? just ignore that? thanks in advance for an answer

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Ignore it, it's plain obvious from the email address, the way in that they've contacted you and the wording that it's a scam.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ivaylo

guysRe: Regarding Nokia Promo

Hi everyone,

the latest target apparently is Kazakhstan. This time the price is 430 000 GBP and the e-mail address - info@nokiapromo.in  . These guys are so lazy or ignorant - they are sending the same message to every one. My mobile number is almost the same as my wife's - just one digit fifference and guess what - we  "won"  430 000 GBP each. The only problem is we got the same "reference" number - M105B...

The number we are supposed to call is +447024079836.  I guess there is a way to track these buggers - why does not Nokia as a company go for it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: guysRe: Regarding Nokia Promo

Nokia as a company cannot do anything to stop this, just like the banks can't stop the phishing emails that have been around for years. Nokia cannot track the messages, only the networks in various countries can do that.

Scams like these are often run by criminals that know how to stay ahead of the law or operate from countries that do nothing to stop scams of this nature so tracking them is pointless in most cases.

As with any form of "prize winning" communication people need to deal with messages like that with common sense. It's when common sense fails is when the scammers get rich.

Please use plain text.
sag3216

[ Edited ]

respected sir ,
i am sagar from india. i got sms on 17th july that "YOUR MOBLE HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR NOKIA DRAWS IN UK,PRIZE OF 250,000GBP ,FOR DETAILS CONTACT MR. ALLEN VIA EMAIL:nokiadraw@hotmail.com"
i got this msg. from TD-BA-MOBIN.
is it true?? i am confused. please reply.thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Perhaps you should have read the thread before posting on it. If you had you would see that it's an obvious scam.

Delete it, forget about it.
Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

And if this mr. Allen gives you money for nothing, be happy...

-vvainlo
#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
fefe

Hi I just joined the nokia disscussion from and I 2 recivied the sms masseg that was saying that I have won R95,000. To claim it I am to call this number 0785347301 contact person andy/jane and when I phoned I spoked to andy how responded to me by saying I can recive the money as a cheq/be transferd to my bank accout. And their offices are at Cape Town S.A @26long street. Pls I would plea with people to not fall for this rats as their are looking for your id information and bank info, I hope this information will help someone I thank you
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Why did you call the number in the first place? Like all scam messages, just ignore them and delete them!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ayaya

Hello my name is Abubakar Tijani from Nigeria I reieved am sms yesterday on the 14th annivasary nokia promo, which some documents were sent to my email that I have won 415,000 pounds. But I was suprised by the mail so I quickly log on to nokia dissusion forum where I found the same case with mine and others. Thanks to nokia truely you are connecting people on knowing this are all scams. Beware out there.
Please use plain text.
amsofficer

hi everyone,

I have read all the comments. I also received a sms from sender +233207854498, and the sms text said I have won the sum of 315,000 GBP in the nokia world promo for info contact nokia.promo101@cahs4u.com and contact +447024018107

I aware its a scam but can anyone tell how to stop this and report it.

cheers

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chariz_gr

Hi there,

I also received an SMS on my Greek mobile from a south African number, that I won.... that many British Pounds and I could claim the prize from this email: claims(at)nokiapromo.co.cc, or call a British number...

Please answer, if you know, how can they use this email and what is: co.cc stands for.

Thanks in advance,

and take care.

charis

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Maybe you won a trip to the Cocosislands (cc). :smileyvery-happy: Just delete the message. It's not genuine.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
amsofficer

The Nokia.promo101@cash4u.com is a scam, the sender sent you below ( or similar ) once you reply.. It tracks your personal detail and bank account etc, Should Nokia itself do something to stop it??????????

VERIFICATION REQUIREMENT FORM -----FILL AND GET BA CK TO US‏ URGENTLY!!!

"nokia.promo101@cash4u.com" <nokia.promo101@cash4u.com>
View Contact
To:chiefofficer2000-marketing@yahoo.com 
Cc:chiefofficer2000-marketing@yahoo.com

NOKIA_VERIFICATION_FORM_(Fill_and_Retrun)..!!!.doc (145KB)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

If law enforcement and governments are unable to stop scams like this what exactly do you think Nokia could do to stop it??????

It's one of those things that can rarely be stopped and designed to steal from the stupid people that believe everything they read. The best way to stop scams like this is for people to be better educated in the dangers of the internet.

Please use plain text.