Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: SMS DNT GET DISPLAY on home screen

Counsellor
briking

SMS DNT GET DISPLAY on home screen

hi
my msg r nt displayd on home screen..bt if i opean inbox there r new msgs..also i m unable to copy msg 4m phone memory to my micro sd..it say unable to copy.insufficent memmory to perform operation. Bt my memory is 70mb free in both drives..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you have a large no. of messages stored on your phone, delete as many Mesaages as possible from all the sub=folders of Messaging. If you need to keep them, 'Sync' with the Nokia Suite on your PC.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

briking wrote:
hi
my msg r nt displayd on home screen..bt if i opean inbox there r new msgs..also i m unable to copy msg 4m phone memory to my micro sd..it say unable to copy.insufficent memmory to perform operation. Bt my memory is 70mb free in both drives..

Have you installed any app that accesses your inbox or call log? If not try a soft reset of your phone. By the way, What phone model you have?

blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
briking

no guys i Hv only 3228 msg in my inbox..it al startd when i transferd my msg from nokia 6600 to c5-00.2 ,i use dis phone..n i dnt want my msg to get deleted..so atleats i wantd to copy them to my memory card.bt it says unable to perform operation memory ful delete sum data 1st..bt i hv plenty of space..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sync these messages with the OVI Suite.. then delete messages from the phone..This way you have the messages stored on the PC.. Then see if the real issue is resolved or not.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

I doubt it would be a memory issue, I have other 4000 messages in my inbox and have never had any issues.

I dont understand your problem though.
Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
briking

my phone has got 70mb free memory..thnx ny way
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

As there are n no. of threads indicating this problem and are related to the large no. of Messages stored on the phone..there is absolutely no harm Syncing the messages with Nokia suite, deleting them from the phone and confirming if the problem still persists or not (that is...if you want to resolve the issue..). Anyways you can get back all the messages back onto your phone if you wish so..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Is it resolved ?

Please use plain text.