I cant install any apps with smart installer as installation fails. i tried to download Nokia Play To or 4s quick beta. Please help ! I tried to reinstall anna to my n8 but didnt help. Please help !
this problem is a general problem in turkey. i am from turkey. when i changed the language to english, smart installer works fine. but in turkish, not working...
Same issue here, can´t install a thing from store. Download is ok but when installing shows up it then says "installation failed".
I have tried to change to English but same happens then.
N8 with Anna.
Did a reset factory settings but issue still there.
Got this tip from forum user JudaZ
Install Nokia store from this link and then restart your phone.
This works on my N8.
Follow the steps below,
1. Backup all the data fromthe mobile.
2. do a hard reset by typing *#7370#
(when it asks for security code type in 12345)
3. Goto ovi store and click launch OVI.
4. when it asks for update OVI store, accept it, it will install the new Nokia Store.
5. wait till it completes.
6. when the Nokia store opens, first install any application that requires smart installer.
(do not install ANY application before doing this step. not even Opera, Google Mps, anything Just do as I told)
7. when it asks for first download required accept it and let it do its work.
8. go to settings->application mgmt->installed apps
9. check for the below softwares.
QT WebKit 4.07(3).
Nokia Smart Installer AMD 2.02(0).
10. If any of them is missing try installing another software from OVI through Smart Installer.
First I install Puppy Talk, which installs only QT, QT Mobility, Smart Installer and sqlite but it didn't install the QT WebKit,
Next I install Hear and Write, which installs the QT WebKit. So please follow the above procedure before installing any other apps from any site.
11. After all the above are installed once, the next time if we install any app by Smart Installer will not download the QT components while installing other QT application.
Possible reasons for Smart Installer malfunctioning:
1. Installing unsigned software by signing it with manually.
(Reason is when you install a singned unsigned application it will tell you iit may harm your mobile, but we use to refuse reading it and install the application.)
2. Installing incompatable applications, by refuse reading the warning given when installing them.
3. Hacking the Phone.
I've installed the QT softwares,
so now I'm going to install other softwares by signing them,