Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

What if paid app does not work?

Sage
smjohns

What if paid app does not work?

I have recently bought a Nokia C7-00 (firmware 012.004) and paid for / downloaded the following applications from the OVI store as both were shown as compatible with my phone.

Jungle Currency Converter  v1.10 - £1.00

Jungle Units Converter v1.10 - £1.00

Although both downloaded and installed correctly when I launch both applications all I can see is a blank screen on both with a few characters. Even though the rest of the screen is completely blank with no background, keypad or any other button visible the functionality seems to work but obviously the applications are useless in this state.

I have written to the software publishers but if I do not get a response or they are unable to resolve the issue, how do I go about arranging for a refund?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: What if paid app does not work?

Don't know whether OVI has done any changes in its policy. I had similar issues long ago but Nokia says its not their concern.No responsibility is taken by them as almost all applications available at the OVI Store are developed by 3rd parties. Because of this limitation of Nokia / OVI ( if we agree to that...) I had already put a request to make changes in the policy to make it compulsory for the developers to provide a full function trial version for each and every paid application.

Seems Customer Satisfaction is not on Nokia / OVI's priority list...

Please use plain text.
Sage
smjohns

Re: What if paid app does not work?

Thanks for the information. I have done a little more digging and from a UK perspective, the distance selling (and sales of goods act) laws mean that any company selling a product that is either faulty or not fit for intended purpose (especially considering no trial is available) you should be legally entitled to a full refund.

Luckily I do not need to go down the legal route as the software developer has already emailed me to confirm that this is known issue with the Symbian^3 OS (I am hoping that PR2.0 will fix this) and it seems to affect a few 3rd party applications. The work around is to completely uninstall the application using the application manager and then reinstall it onto either the C: Phone memory or the E: Mass memory areas (both internal to the phone).

I originall installed both applications on the F: Memory card so followed these instructions and installed the apps on my E: drive and they are now both working perfectly.....phew. Great support from the developer !!

Please use plain text.