Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: YAhoo/Nokia (Ovi) Mail Conflicts

Professor
Vaidovesta
Accepted Solution

YAhoo/Nokia (Ovi) Mail Conflicts

Hello

Not sure if other people face this, whenever I log on to my Nokia (Ovi) Mail, then open a new window or tab of the same browser and log on to Yahoo Mail, I am automatically taken to Nokia Mail, even though the username and PW are completely different......

Thanks,

V

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Please post any further questions you may have.

Regards,

astra2025 

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Okay... Thanks. Will log out or simply use a different browser...

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello 

I want to remove my ovi account to be powered by yahoo the reason why i recieve 2 same email on my blackberry and i want it to be separeted thank you...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jhenyluv

Gud day,how to fix if my nokia browser say that complicting application.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
acheRL

my phone had a problem .. even my yahoo .. i cant open the ovi and yahoo even i only want to used one account ,, whats should i do to had my ovi and yahoo account again  ?? it didnt work .. and maybe sometimes my friends see me online but on my account is offline and when i get it open .. its not work it .. i dont receive and only had sending failed ... i need much ovi and yahoo back on my phone please help me .... thanks 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
apuako

I have quite new Lumia 800 phone. now there is a problem to read my nokiamail by phone. everytime when i click the e-mail, there will be the window "update your e-mail account and password (imap.nokiamail.com:993:1) and even when i`m putting the right e-mail address and password it does not update the e-mail box. i have restarted the phone, restore the e-mail and re-install the whole e-mail, but nothing has happened. except that now i cant see my old messages in phone. and when i press the update button (syncronize), nothing happened.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Ricky07

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Paulishta3

Hi. I don't know if you can help me...I cannot log in on my Nokia e-mail account since July 2012. This is how it happens:

- I enter the Nokia mail login page

- I am introducing my credentials

- It logs me in for a second with yahoo background

- It logs me off to Yahoo login page

- It says that I should enter with another alias

PS: On my phone it is working well and I also tried to change the password and also I cannot log in into my Ovi mail account form other PC/browser etc.

Does somebody have a solution?

Nokia N8-00, Nokia E50 (Alive & kickin')
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ghost_Rider

now, you can login to your nokia account from www.nokiamail.com, noconflicts anymore.

Please use plain text.
Pescatore

astra2025 wrote:
(...)

(...)

@astra2025: How can you offer this as a solution?

This is just an explanation of the astounding fact that Yahoo is not able to provide concurrent sessions to different accounts/mailboxes on their servers on webmail. This should have been resolved before the switch, even before signing the contract with Yahoo. 

But I see no attempt to resolve this even after it has become apparent through customer complains. Customers have different accounts for a reason and they do want to be alerted to mail on all their accounts.

Manually alternating between accounts is not a solution.

Is this also the causing the problems I experience when connecting to mailboxes with an email client(Mozilla Thunderbird) using IMAP?

Is it possible that Nokia and Yahoo jointly start to resolve this conflict in earnest.

Regards,

Pescatore

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hakk

my nokia n8 has a problem with the email i can receive but cannot send everytime i try to send an email it says unable to send unable to sign in enter password and when i enter my password it still does the same thing over and over this started yesterday 16/05/2013 it was working perfect before.
Do u have any solutions for this i need to sort it out asap cause i send and receive alot of mail
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Glen_Sydney

Hello Hakk

Did you get an answer to this as it is happening to me now with two Optusnet (Australian) email addresses I have (not gmail apparently) and is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Regards

Glen

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@Glen_Sydney do you use StartTLS as security method for your SMTP server (mail.optusnet.com.au Port 25)? Their SMTP server is not sending the required intermediate certificates to be authenticated. Receiving (IMAP) should work, correct?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Glen_Sydney

Abi99 wrote:

@Glen_Sydney do you use StartTLS as security method for your SMTP server (mail.optusnet.com.au Port 25)? Their SMTP server is not sending the required intermediate certificates to be authenticated. Receiving (IMAP) should work, correct?

@Abi99Thankyou for your reply.

As it happens this problem just went away after a couple of days.

No, my email security settings for incoming Optusnet email show '(SSL/TLS)' and port is 'default'.

As an aside, I do find that downloading of individual emails is very slow, no matter how small they appear to be, but I'm guessing that is just a frustration with an ageing N8?

Thanks

Regards

Glen

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Glen_Sydney wrote:
My email security settings for incoming Optusnet email show '(SSL/TLS)' and port is 'default'.

Yes, that is for incoming (IMAP). And outgoing (SMTP)?

Glen_Sydney wrote:

I do find that downloading of individual emails is very slow, no matter how small they appear to be.

I do download my emails with POP3 at home, therefore, I have a rather short INBOX on the go. Have not noticed that, yet. Anyway, the app ProfiMail might be an alternative.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Glen_Sydney

Abi99 wrote:

Glen_Sydney wrote:
My email security settings for incoming Optusnet email show '(SSL/TLS)' and port is 'default'.

Yes, that is for incoming (IMAP). And outgoing (SMTP)?

Glen_Sydney wrote:

I do find that downloading of individual emails is very slow, no matter how small they appear to be.

I do download my emails with POP3 at home, therefore, I have a rather short INBOX on the go. Have not noticed that, yet. Anyway, the app ProfiMail might be an alternative.

My email security settings for outgoing Optusnet email show 'off' and port is 'default'.

Like you I download by POP3 at home so my phone only gets a lot of emails if I am out for a whole day.

I tried looking for ProfiMail in Nokia Store but could not find it.   I'd be a bit reluctant to use an app that wasn't from the Store.

I did try altering my email settings to download up to 500kb messages hoping that once downloaded it would then be much quicker to read them..  At the moment trying to read each individual message is very slow.

I'll see how that goes.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.