Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

imei sticker missing

Accepted Solution

imei sticker missing

Hi my imei sticker was peeled off my nokia n95 by my nephew from under the battery a few months ago and the other day my screen light stopped working, I brought it to a repair agent and the girl at reception said without this sticker the warranty was void, now I checked my wife's n95 and read the sticker and it does not mention that removing this sticker would invalidate the warranty,

so my question is this, am I still entitled to an under warranty repair or does this sticker have to be attached to the phone for the entire life of my phone!!!

please help,

any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Dave.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: imei sticker missing

[ Edited ]

The sticker must always be attached and is very hard to remove.  Under normal usage it cannot even curl or peel at the corners.  Why on earth would you let a child play inside your phone???

It tells you in the warranty terms (in the user guide) that removing the IMEI code (which is on that label) will void your warranty.

It also says it on the link below (section 5 of "what is not covered"):

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/repair-and-recycle/repair/warranty

You are not entitled to a warranty based repair. Perhaps the child's parents may be willing to pay for an unofficial shop to have a go at fixing the phone?

Message Edited by psychomania on 24-Aug-2009 02:29 PM
Please use plain text.

Re: imei sticker missing

ok so, i guess i will have to grin and bear it, lol, thank you for your quick reply.

dave.

Please use plain text.