Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

my lumia 520 can't connect to store

prasen007jit

my lumia 520 can't connect to store

I hav lumia 520. In which at the time connect to store for downloading app's and games error shows "Microsoft service is unavailable at the moment please try again later". Also can't connect Nokia music also. I reset my phone but problem still there.

Please use plain text.
Employee
sanju

Re: my lumia 520 can't connect to store

Hi,

Hope you have configured your device with a valid Microsoft account (live or Hotmail).

What about using a different live account after reset?

How long are you using your device? Was it working properly in the beginning? Any idea when does it stopped working? What was the activity performed in the device just before the issue started?

BR,

Please use plain text.
prasen007jit

Hi..
after reset my phone. I login with new account but problems are not sort out. Actually it works properly when i bought it. Different login are taken on this phone before issued. Because don't know password and id i think that
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hogi

Ok now we just got this phone yesterday and didn't get a data plan but login to home wi fi, the phone says it is connected to wi fi but can not get Internet to work, no mail or explorer no games or update, the text work, also no can sighin with my hot mail account witch work with my computer 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

hogi, which error message do you get, we need it word-for-word.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hogi

Just will not accept the password to my home router, have a old router and all other devices work, 2 laptops 1 phone. And a tablet. Do I enter the encryption key, just tried and will not let me finish goes to enter password. Computer say router password administration but phone says incorrect. Help please 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

hogi wrote:

Do I enter the encryption key, just tried and will not let me finish goes to enter password.

You are not able to click on OK. The password field vanishes before that. Right?

In Windows Phone, there is a timeout value for entering the preshared key. Just for a test, please, try to set your password to short eight characters. Did that help?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hogi

Try on this the password is short but this tablet will add more letters to complete a word there are only the first five that are used administration 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Tablet? Word-completion? I do not get it, please, once again explain in greater details which device gives where in the menu what graphical output.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hogi

We chat with links on line and they said it is the encryption key to enter but it is in caps and number very long can not shorten and suggest that the security may not be high enough for windows 8 wpe only so suggest to buy a new router or get new phone. As said before it works for all other places but not at home with my 15 year old router and all my other stuff works. Seems that windows 8 just isn't backwards compatible. Try at another place enter password and wait do not click done and does not time out so must be the combination of cap and number or as they say router not secure enough. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Did you answer my questions? Why is this related to Windows 8? Or, are you talking about Windows Phone 8? Which security do you use at home, is it WEP? How many characters does your key have? 5, 10, 13, or 26?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hogi

did a reply to the email and do not see it here so try again on the computer now. not blackberry tablet that auto complets so spelling not good.

the encription key is 26  caracter long ,nokia 520 is the phone with the problem runing win-8 ,cant seem to lock caps do not know how so the key is CBCD61D7A9179F0DBF9D5786D5 .TRYED TO ENTER IN KEYBOARD  and time out do not know how to change. chat with link system online and they told me to enter 192.168.1.1 then click secutity and use the key above to connect as this is the password to the router .still not able to conect the nokia phone but all others work , blackberry tablet that auto complets ,motorola phone ,and a win-8 laptop,and a win-7 laptop wich i am typing from this time ,the modems are conected as such cisco wireless to desktop wireless to adsl from telus ,3com adsl ,the desktop is win-XP hope this is enought detail for you.Should i take the phone to a hot spot and is there a software update for this ?try as i might it just will not work sugestions would be to get new phone , get new router what to do ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hogi

wep is the security there are 26 caracters to the key
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

hogi wrote:

TRYED TO ENTER IN KEYBOARD and time out

The keyboard disappeared? Yes, that is a known issue in Windows Phone 8. With WEP keys, the string is not case-sensitive, so you can enter cbcd61d7a9179f0dbf9d5786d5, as well. You have to be fast enough!

Nevertheless, I would not use a WEP-only access-point. If it is not possible to change it to WPA2, you are on a security risk. A new one costs less than 20 € and can be attached to your existing equipment, for example the TP-Link TL-WR841ND or TP-Link TL-WR710N.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hogi

Thanks for the information will get a new router and hope it works for me 

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

hogi wrote:

will get a new router and hope it works for me 

Anyway, WEP128 with a hexadecimal key works here for me and my Nokia Lumia. However, I had to be fast to enter the key otherwise the keyboard disappeared.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hogi

Old people are not fast 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ArchieFenn

When downloading apps on my nokia lumia 520, it says cant sign in. So i sign in and try again but it still says cant sign in. WHAT DO I DO?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@ArchieFenn did you double-check on the Internet, your Microsoft-Account is up and running? If yes, are you able to surf on your Windows Phone? If yes, please try the Internet Explorer of your phone and login.live.com. Are you able to login? If yes, do you get any error message/number?

Please use plain text.