Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

ovi store downloads

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

ovi store downloads

Hi i have tried for two days now to get games from the store and sent to my phone 5230 by SMS after entering my phone number it say sms sent but i have recveived NO text message's

Please advice

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: ovi store downloads

As this is a long standing issue that may be related to the Operator.. suggest you to go to the Nokia store site from your phone browser and then directly download from there...No need for the SMS. BTW the SMS contains only the link, that will take you to the Nokia store download..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thyanks i will try that.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

That works But  how do i save them the the memory card i am not being offered that option?

Why casnt i have them sent by SMS?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

You only get the link sent as SMS. Sending the whole app by SMS is not practical (would also require sending hundreds, possibly thousands or tens of thousands of SMS messages in order to send the whole app, and there'd have to be extra logic to reassemble the installation file from the plentitude of SMSs, and if one is missing, it wouldn't work at all, and you'd need to request and resend the SMS with the missing bits, etc.)

When you open the link, the Ovi/Nokia Store client kicks in, and handles the download using a data connection (or Wi-Fi, depending on the phone).

When the download's been done, the application installer takes over, and may prompt you where to install the app (in some cases, the app may have been built so as not to ask the user at all).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I mean there is NO sms being sent to the phone with a link for the game.

I have tried several time with no joy.

So i have to use another phone that is wi fi. or incure a connection charge

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Even if you receive the SMS containing the link..when you click on the link it will need Data connection to download the application. You can't download if you do not have a Data plan.

BTW refer this thread and it may be possible to download the application thru' PC..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

BTW refer this thread and it may be possible to download the application thru' PC

I dont understand the script bit and where to  find it on the pc to try.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Connect the phone to PC and open Nokia suite... Minimise  (do not exit) the Nokia Suite.. and go to the Nokia Store site on the PC.. Select the application you want and click DOWNLOAD. You should get the screen as seen in the Attachment.Click 'DOWNLOAD ON PC' and the application will get installed on the phone. Note that this doesn't work for ALL applications. You may not get the 'DOWNLOAD ON PC' tab active but Greyed out..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i understand that bit but it is this thread i dont understand   

05-Sep-201105:01 PM

Right, the culprit is the ABE settings in the NoScript options. When it looks like in the attachment the (selected) applications can be downloaded on the PC and then installed.

Hope this helps others too.

Attachments:

thanks for all your help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

I am sorry.. but it seems some posts in that thread are irrelevant to your problem...

Please use plain text.
zolat23

5130 nokia ovi store not respons why
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Pl. provide more details of the problem .. or you are also not receiving the SMS link ? In that case go to the Nokia Store site directly thru' the phone browser and Download.. as already mentioned above..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
littlenobmiltz

hi everyone i hope someone can help me im havin trouble with the nokia/ovi store about 5 days ago i downloaded a game off the store i played the game and then the next day i went back on the store and i cant download anything and what i mean by that is there are no apps, games or anything apart from 1 ringtone my phone model is 5230 i know the game is not the problem as i downloaded it ages ago and never had any trouble then i have tried goin on line and i get the same as on my phone i hope this is enough info for ya please help someone thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Is it thru' Phone you are not able to see or on your PC ? I can see many Applications / Games available for your Nokia 5230.

Please use plain text.
JelMain

N97 running PC Suite 7.1.62.1 under Firefox 3.6.25 connected with USB and Wifi

The displayed beta page comes up with the right-hand half greyed out, even though everything sees the phone fine. I don't get the SMS and finding the utility from the phone is a PITA.

This is a Beta product which evidently has problems, so is there any way to disconnect it so downloads are as normal, to PC and install from there?

Please use plain text.
kabacalaf

How i can use my ovistore of my nokia c3oo
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khansaddam74

my nokia c7? ovinokia not open

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lizan

Hlw,i can not download ovi store when i try to download it i have seen conflicting item
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi i can not download ovi store when i try to downl it have seen conflicting ita
Please use plain text.