Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

stuck in offline mode on my e65

stuck in offline mode on my e65

How do i get back online
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: stuck in offline mode on my e65

Your question has nothing to do with "Ovi.com and Ovi Sync", so I presume the moderators will move this thread.

If switching profiles the usual ways does not work, and even removing the battery and rebooting the phone does not help, then...

1: Check that you have a SIM card inserted.

2: If that wasn't the problem, try reformatting the phone or updating its firmware.

3: If those didn't help, either, then have your nearest Nokia repair center take a look at the phone.

And, just in case, the usual ways to switch profiles:

- A long press of the '#' key

- A short press of the power key, and then selecting the profile from the list

- Using the Profile app in the phone menu
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]
This is quite a common problem on the E65 and the solution is often quite simple.

Try this:
Switch off the phone.
Remove the memory card.
Switch the phone back on.
If it asks you to stay offline say no.

Usually this will allow the phone to work online normally.

Now try it again with the memory card in and it should work properly. If not you will need to format the memory card.

Message Edited by psychomania on 14-Nov-2008 11:50 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i  try to do that but my keys dont work
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nad2007

On my E65, the SIMM card was not being detected by the phone, if that is the case I fixed it by inserting a paper (with several folds) between the silver plate and my simm so as to put  pressure on the SIMM. Once SIMM card is well in place turn the phone ON and change the profile to General or anyother except Offline! :smileyhappy: Hope it helps.

Please use plain text.