Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: uninstalling application

Advisor
lik_awang
Accepted Solution

uninstalling application

hi there, can anyone tell me how to uninstall applctn in my nokia 5230 without get into setting/applctn mangr/installed apps/? Cause i cant open it to uninstall my app, thanks 4 the reply
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Go to the screen where the Icon for the Application you want to un-install is seen. select Options-->Organise-->Highlight the Icon-->Options-->Remove ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lik_awang

hi farby, thanks for the answer, but will it remove all the file used by that app that get installed with that app like api files used by some games
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lik_awang

im afraid that just remove the icon of the app, not the whole app, what anyone else think bout this
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not sure if something is left behind.. but you may try an application called MobileCleaner for removing garbage from the device. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

lik_awang wrote:
im afraid that just remove the icon of the app, not the whole app, what anyone else think bout this

No.. It removes the application not just the Icon ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Other way to un-install an application is Download and Install the Nokia PC Suite from here . Connect the phone to PC and open PC Suite. Select 'Install Application' (Icon with 3 squares and a +) . In the Right Hand side window you will see all the applications installed on your Phone. Select the one you want to un-install and click 'Delete' (Bin Icon) at the top ..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lik_awang

where can i get this mobilecleaner app, how much is it
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Just Google for it . Do not remember whether it was Free or Paid application as got long ago ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RosiD

:thumbsup:done this to remove "whats app"as i could not close it down and my N8 would not go into sleep mode as there was an open application!!worked a treat!!xx

Please use plain text.