Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

unknown symbol

amlanjyoti1991
Accepted Solution

unknown symbol

I have a nokia e5 smartphone. There is a message symbol blinking at the bottom of the screen even after there are no unread messages. Is it normal? What does it mean?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: unknown symbol

[ Edited ]

Under Messaging-->Options..check for SIM Messages ... (Refer Pg. 53 / 54 of the User Guide )You may delete all the messages there and check if the 'Symbol' still shows up ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deep9

Hi Amlanjyoti ...
It is your network and phone hardware setting problem so you visit Nokia Care Centre .
Thanks .
Please use plain text.
amlanjyoti1991

Thank u farby. You were of immense help. it worked.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You are welcome ..

Happy to Help ...

Please use plain text.
amlanjyoti1991

Thank u deep9 for your concern. I prefer to solve the problem at home. I dont have the time to go to a nokia care centre. If I had to go I wouldnt be posting here. The problem is solved. I thank you very much for your attempt.
Please use plain text.