Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5800 display problem.

Advisor

Nokia 5800 display problem.

I purchsed nokia 5800 on 5th january 2009on its pelaunch but since last five day it is having display problem (vertical lines appear on side locking phone)

Today iwent to nokia care at kalkaji,(india) they said that it will take 15 days for phone to repair and gave me job sheet -146433527/090211/58. Iasked to replacement but they refused.

Now my question is that was i fool that i purchased phone at prelaunch for Rs 20600, whereas it is currently available for 18000?. Being the first mover am i not entitle for replacemnet of mobile?

15 days repair time means that premium amount which i have paid for mobile has gone waisted.

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia 5800 display problem.

Early adopters like you and I always end up paying more for the privilege of having something before everyone else. That is a fact of life.

Unfortunately, paying more does not entitle you to any additional privileges. Everyone who buys a Nokia gets the same treatment. 

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You should also be aware that the care points are not owned or run by nokia and it's entirely at the care points discretion if they choose to repair or replace.

Generally if it can be repaired then thats what they offer you. If you are not happy about that you should ask to speak to the care point manager.  The manager will be able to show you the terms of your warranty.

I have the same problem, except that in my phone, there are horizonatal lines.

Sometimes, how it works is by going to the net via phone. Or switch on your camera.

Please let me know what comes out. 

wessss

I have the exact same problem.. it is driving me crazy and it just suddely started happenning. if anyone figures out why please let us know

Hi punpher

This is karan and i got this nokia 5800 on 4th jan same as yours after prebooking and finally purchasing it for Rs 20,500. I had the same problem as yours and this started on 8th mar. What i did before taking it to the Nokia Care Center is that i updated the firmware to the latest 20.x.x.x and then it worked fine for a day. However the very next day that is on 9th Mar it started the same problem. All of a sudden DISPLAY STARTS FLICKERING. Without even thinking for a sec i straight away took it to the Care Center and they said that this needs to go to the Nokia Head Office. I got my job sheet # 222433527/090310/16 which i am unable to open on the nokia's website repair section. I had a word with the Gole Market Nokia care representative and she said that you will get this on 21st which is my target delivery date. Bro have you received your handset now or is it still with Nokia Care.

Please do reply

karan

Contributor

I had the same problem as yours and this started on 16th march. It began few days after I installed Tektronic.Light.On.v1.04.74. that manages screen backlight.

I suspected this application so made the following:

1. Removed it

2. Removed all installed aplications

3. Returned factory settings

4. Made reset (ereasing all phone memory

5. Updated the firmware to the latest 20.x.x.x

Nothing help.DISPLAY FLICKERING.

It became to normal after switching ON only.

Any one resolved it?

Hi Brother

Did u received ur handset back from the Nokia Care Center...Also please let me know when have u submitted this...

Looking forward for your reply

Regards

karan

Sasha, did you manage to resolve your problem. I seem to be facing similar problem with my phone. Would appreciate your help. Thanks.
Contributor

The problem became terrible. Each use of phone require restart.

I'm looking for all resources to find solution. Number of affected phones grows but no solution have found yet.

HELP NEEDED!

Hi punpher

Have u received ur handset back.....also how long did they take to repair it..

please reply

karan 

Contributor

i'm having the same bloody problem. i got this phone in india. i've just contacted nokia care in regard to this problem they said it was because i removed the lamination  that I got with the new phone. I was infuriated-how come not having a plastic sheet damage the display this way. Anyways i’venow submitted the phone they will send it to delhi it’ll take around 15 daysbefore I get it back.

Day be day my believe is getting stronger that 5800 was anokia experiment n we have become the victims...... god be with us!!!!

Hi Naseemgauhar

This is karan and i have the same problem. I have submitted my phone on 10th Mar and i still didint received it back. I gave my handset to Nokia Care in CP. May i know what is your job sheet # for the same and what is the target delivery date.

I have similar problem... My nokia 5800 (in thailand)

I had try on many way... such ..hard reset, disable sensor settings , remove mem card....

nothing work..

I think it a hardware problem. (may be light sensor and lock screen problem )

When I turn on it, and put Nokia 5800 in my pocket.. for a miniute.

It's auto lock itself ,then i push unlock slide bar.. it's not work! anymore

sometime i must take out my batt... sometime i must turn on it myself..

I don't know why?

If anyone have a solution plz tell me

i just brought it for a month...

regards

Redtherdonz

Contributor

hi karan, my job sheet no is 245433527/090325/2

but the info is not yet on the website.

do inform me when u get your cell back.

good bye n good luck 

Advisor

Its Hardware problem, my phone is repaired it took 10 days and Screen is changed.
Contributor

after changing it, did u face same problem again when u stay in a cold place? couse i have this kind of problem, when u stay in a cold place like office with aircond and u put the phone on the table facing the aircond blower, the problem with the display came again, but when you heat the phone display with a lighter for 3 second, the display back to normal than i realize that the display(LCD) need to keep in warm. so is there any hardware problem or the LCD itself? please help me, sorry for my bad englsh couse im an asian..
Contributor

the simple solution and for a matter of time i did is keep the phone warm, its work for me, when r not using it, put the phone on your top of your tv when it still on, wait for a minute the try to open it, it came back to normal, i have to do this all the way just ti stay in touch, but now i buy a new phone bcouse when its cold, the problem came again and i need a lighter just to keep it warm, but the plastik surface get worst by the fire.. so u better put it on the tv receiver or decoder or the place that can keep it warm.. that it.. or else, u changed ur phone, this phone was great in using it but lack of quality by the hardware.. so dont buy this phone again.. just buy buy a new one with the cheaper price,,,
Registered Member

Hi,

This is Naresh, I am also using Nokia 5800 bought at the pre launch sale, Now facing the same issue Display is getting flicker very frequently. Either i need to switch it off or i need to press the screen lock, it will get resume for time being. but again the problem is occuring.

You Mentioned it is a Hardware problem. It means they changed the display or repaired the same display and gave, whether you facing the same problem even after changing it.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Naresh

wessss

I've been having this problem for about a month now and all i can say it is just getting worse. I took the handset to a Nokia care here in Jordan where they told me that they need to change the screen and as I purchased the handset from UAE they refused to fix it under warrenty and wanted to charge me $100 for it!!!

I am really disappointed with this phone, the sound quality of the external speakers is not as good as Nokia claims, the camera quality is not as impressive as Nokia claims, not to talk about the internal speaker problem everybody knows about.

Irespect nokia and they need to get this phone out of the market for its bad quality to preserve their respect.