Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Ovi Mail

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Ovi Mail

Hey...Is there something going on with Ovi Mail? I havent been able to access it since yesterday. Outlook and Nokia Messaging cant connect to it, while opening it on my desktop/laptop just gives me a page with "Ovi Mail powered by Yahoo! can't load".

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jalovi

Re: Ovi Mail

Ovi mail just "updated" to yahoo mail. Now where the hell are my old messages?!?

Please use plain text.
Employee
svi78

[ Edited ]

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The emails that you received prior to the Ovi Mail move to Yahoo! are safe. You do not see all of them yet because they are in the process of being moved to your updated Ovi Mail account. You will see your emails in your inbox once the move is complete. During this process, you can still send and receive new emails. 

The info email about the change was sent out couple of weeks ago (to primary email address mentioned in Ovi account details). It may be that old emails or contacts are not visible during the transition phase but as soon as the transfer is complete, you will see all of your old emails and full contact list. You should also receive another email when transfer is complete.

More info see:

http://support.ovi.com/osc/en_GB/service/mail 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Opening the site on the phone says that my account is deactivated and i must go to Yahoo! to reactivate it but I can't see how. I can't open my account in anyway, I cant send nor receive emails.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

[ Edited ]

NVM. I managed to reactivate it and accessed it from Yahoo!. Now I'm trying to access it from Ovi.com, to see if my Outlook can still access it. EDIT: Ok, I can't access mail.ovi.com from my desktop, however I can from my mobile browser. It however seems I can't access it from outlook anymore.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

@svi78.

Thank you for your reply. I have received the e-mail, you have mentioned, however, I do not believe it ever mentioned that Mail will be *completely* unavailable for several days. Link, you have posted at the bottom of your message, does not mention that either. Do you have any estimate as to when mail service will become available?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sama4

I haven't been able to log in to my ovi e-mail account since Tuesday and it's already Thursday evening. When can I expect to be able to log in? This is really annoying. I just get a message saying.

Ovi Mail powered by Yahoo! can't load

I'm only using my ovi account on my laptop, not on my mobile.

Please use plain text.
Employee
svi78

@Gaijin -

Do you have emails on your device account? In some cases when the web interface has an empty inbox, the device mailbox may still have content. 

It might take up to two weeks ( April 21) for all of your old emails to appear in your updated Ovi Mail account, depending on the number of emails that you have. You will see all of your old emails, contacts, and settings in your account once the transfer is complete.

Please use plain text.
Employee
svi78

[ Edited ]

@sama4

We have seen this error, but the next login should always succeed. Could you try again?
1. Have you tried with another browser or PC?
2. Or could you clear the cache from your browser before you try again?
3. Did you see an error "Ovi Mail powered by Yahoo! can't load" immediately after you enter your credentials and press "Sign in"?

If you still do not succeed to login to OVI mail via PC,  could you call or send email to Nokia Care www.nokia.com/support > Contact us? And give your Ovi mail address. We would like to check your account.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

How about on outlook? How do I get it to work again?
Please use plain text.
Employee
svi78

[ Edited ]

@chanchan05 -

Please add an account in the outlook client on desktop and use the following server settings:

pop: ovi.pop.mail.yahoo.com SSL port 995
smtp: ovi.smtp.mail.yahoo.com SSL port 465

Please use plain text.
testerman

Re: Ovi Mail powered by Yahoo

I have always had an OVI mail address with two dots in. xx.xxxx.xxxx@ovi.com

Now after OVI is "Powered by Yahoo" I no longer can access my account.

I have the fear, that in the Yahoo world, mail addresses can only hold on dot in the username.

I have put a lot of posts to support but get no feedback.

This is seriously bad by OVI mail

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@svi78 - I think there is something wrong with my account. Seriously wrong. Using those settings for outlook gives me a log-in error stating problems with either the username or password. And I still can't access it from mail.ovi.com on the desktop.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

@svi78

Thank you for your reply. I am obviously failing to explain things properly: as of right now, I could not access *anything* through the web interface (message "Yahoo! mail could not load") using Firefox 4 (restarted, cache cleaned multiple times) or Opera 11 (restarted, cache cleaned multiple times). I do not have any other browsers available to me.

Additionally, IMAP/s interface returns AUTHETICATIONFAILED to the IMAP/s client for the same mail/password combination, I am using to post this message.

I *do* understand that migration of messages and contacts might take time, but not able to use mail *completely* is somewhat different.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

@svi78

Attempt to send e-mail *to* my Ovi account has been rejected with the following error:

The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a ovi.com account (xxxxx.xx@ovi.com) [0] - mta115.mail.ac4.yahoo.com (state 18).

Am I right to assume that my account was deleted during migration and all my data is lost?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Employee
svi78

Regarding the error "Ovi mail powered by Yahoo can't load" :

This is a known issue that we are actively investigating.  As soon as we have more information about the cause of this issue, we will share that information with Ovi Mail users on our various discussion boards and blogs.

Please go to http://support.ovi.com, sign in, and select “Contact Us” to submit a case so that we can follow up with you. You can also visit www.nokia.com/support and select "Contact us" if you wish to open a case by telephone with your local Care Point.

Please use plain text.
Employee
svi78

@testerman -

Regarding the problem with 2 dots in a username (xx.xxxx.xxxx@ovi.com):  This has been reported onwards and the Ovi Mail team working on it.

Please go to http://support.ovi.com, sign in, and select “Contact Us” to submit a case so that we can follow up with you. You can also visit www.nokia.com/support and select "Contact us" if you wish to open a case by telephone with your local Care Point.

Please use plain text.
testerman

Thx for answering.

I have put several "contact us" posts and hope to see ths issue solved very soon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shrapnel

Yes, im getting exactly the same problem. POP worked briefly today before lunch but now access via my mobile has now stopped working and is asking for autherntication. When login in via a PC i get "Ovi Mail powered by Yahoo! can't load".....The OVI support says they know about it so i guess we just wait.....

Please use plain text.

Re: Ovi Mail powered by Yahoo - fullstops

I have the same problem and i only have a single full stop in my username xxxxx.yy@ovi.com

Surely Ovi can't be serious about creating a brand new account!? I have my current address registered with loads of service providers and it will be a complete pain in the a%$e to change it!!!

Please use plain text.