Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Store App: Conflicting applications. Show ...

Counsellor
PinakiRaJ

Ovi Store App: Conflicting applications. Show items?

Hello,
I'm an user of Nokia 7210 Supernova (S40) phone from India. I bought my phone in September 2010. I used to use the Ovi Store app on my phone, it was working fine. But, for some reasons, I made a factory restore and all my apps were deleted. I downloaded all my other apps again. But, when I tried to download Ovi Store from http://store.ovi.mobi (using both Opera & my phone's default browser) and also using the DOWNLOAD! app in my phone. A message displayed: "Conflicting applications. Show items?" Whenever I click YES, the entire screen goes white and the phone restarts automatically. If I click NO, nothing happens, it quits.. I tried many times to install the OVI STORE APP. Even, I restored my phone, made hard reset, re-installed my firmware, formatted my phone and the memory card.. Tried everything. But, the same problem is occuring. I'm totally confused. I searched the internet for a solution, but no use. There's nothing. I even searched on the NOKIA DISCUSSIONS, but got nothing. I asked the NOKIA HELPS on twitter for a remedy, they told me that they would reply to me as soon as they get a solution. It's been three days, but no reply from them. I'm not the only person facing this problem. But, it seems Nokia has no interest in solving this issue. Nokia is a reputed handset manufacturer, but if they don't take care of their customers, then what's the point of being reputed? I'm really sorry for being rude, but what can I do if I don't get a solution to a problem that is affecting about thousands of Nokia handset users! I hope to see a remedy from Nokia soon. I'm ready to help them if they required any help in solving this issue. But, please, please reply to this post and look into this matter quickly.. Please..
RaJ
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nokphones

Re: Ovi Store App: Conflicting applications. Show items?

PinakiRaJ wrote:
Hello,
I'm an user of Nokia 7210 Supernova (S40) phone from India. I bought my phone in September 2010. I used to use the Ovi Store app on my phone, it was working fine. But, for some reasons, I made a factory restore and all my apps were deleted. I downloaded all my other apps again. But, when I tried to download Ovi Store from http://store.ovi.mobi (using both Opera & my phone's default browser) and also using the DOWNLOAD! app in my phone. A message displayed: "Conflicting applications. Show items?" Whenever I click YES, the entire screen goes white and the phone restarts automatically. If I click NO, nothing happens, it quits.. I tried many times to install the OVI STORE APP. Even, I restored my phone, made hard reset, re-installed my firmware, formatted my phone and the memory card.. Tried everything. But, the same problem is occuring. I'm totally confused. I searched the internet for a solution, but no use. There's nothing. I even searched on the NOKIA DISCUSSIONS, but got nothing. I asked the NOKIA HELPS on twitter for a remedy, they told me that they would reply to me as soon as they get a solution. It's been three days, but no reply from them. I'm not the only person facing this problem. But, it seems Nokia has no interest in solving this issue. Nokia is a reputed handset manufacturer, but if they don't take care of their customers, then what's the point of being reputed? I'm really sorry for being rude, but what can I do if I don't get a solution to a problem that is affecting about thousands of Nokia handset users! I hope to see a remedy from Nokia soon. I'm ready to help them if they required any help in solving this issue. But, please, please reply to this post and look into this matter quickly.. Please..

Reply at this discussion:

/t5/Ovi-com-Ovi-Store-Ovi-Share-and/Problem-with-ovi-store-on-2730/td-p/938635

You have the same problem as I do

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yashtackle

hello i am yash and i am using n2700c and when i went to download ovi store from store.ovi.com it shows Conflicting applications:show items and when i press ok the screen becomes white and the mobile restarts if anybody knows a remedy to solve it then please post comment.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gagan_the_dude

the same problem i am facing on my c2-02 . . . I think i should have bought a SAMSUNgg coz' they hangs rarely. . . b u t my NOKIA hangs daily . . what should i do. . .
Please use plain text.
risderf

Got the same problem here in the Philippines. Mine is Nokia Asha 303. Conflicting application notification came after doing an update. I do not know what the hell is wrong with the update system? Everything is fine prior to the update procedure. Browsing the web for answers, it turned out that many users are having the same problem but remained unresolved to date. I just hope Nokia pay closer attention to this matter.
Please use plain text.
Shineo

My own problem is my nokia browser,it failed to update some few weeks ago.Ever since then it wont open each time i want to enter the internet with it .rather it will display the dialogue-' Conflicting apps'i use nokia c2-03
Please use plain text.
eitwah

got the same problem,we have same fone.. web i updated the nokia browser and when i opened it, it wont open, it says,it's an conflicting application already..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Attahmss

This is a very serious issue that nokia should adress why would one try to update a browser and after that conflicting apps stops you from using all your apps. nokia should work quick on this or leave us with no choice than warning friends of the risk of being cut off from their various social apps if they purchase nokia

Please use plain text.
Contributor
coded

Cönflicting application problem wit my x205 browser after updating it. Wot do i do?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

coded wrote:
Cönflicting application problem wit my x205 browser after updating it. Wot do i do?

Refer Message 14 in this thread ..

Please use plain text.
Itoroukparehe

Pls i don't no what is wrong with nokia, why shoudn't there be a solution to problem facing nokia, i'm also having a problem with my nokia x2 internet after updating, it show conflicting appliction and does not explore any thing.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lavguptabihiya

[ Edited ]

I update my nokia browser on c2-03.and it shows conflicting item.nokia express.what is this have u provide nokia for free.then why create such problem.

Moderator's Notes: This post was edited. We have removed the text not written in plain English.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Anyanzo

Nokia should be careful how they treat their customers. My browser isn't working and i've realised i'm not the only one facing this problem. Since July 2012 upto january 2013 they have done absolutely nothing to resolve this problem. My phone is some cheap nokia asha 201 that can't even stream youtube videos and running on ancient s40 OS, I'll just through it away and get a samsung galaxy mini running on android. **bleep** nokia.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hanan11

Same prob here and finally i have decided to shift to Samsung and will never use nokia devices again.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sellwane

I'm unable to go to internet because of Conflicting application show item? Please Nokia help about this thing! I love my phone very much.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi Sellwane

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

Try the resolution provided by 

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SelfMotivator

eish!! "conflicting application, show items" when I click yes, it displays "NOKIA EXPRESS".... What should be the solution to the problem.......
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JOHNSINO

my phone x2-05 is having the same proble, pls i nid help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

JOHNSINO wrote:
my phone x2-05 is having the same proble, pls i nid help

Conflict regarding the browser may get resolved as suggested HERE

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kit7

i also have this same problem i will inform you when i solve it
Please use plain text.