Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Ovi Store, cannot access or download.

Counsellor
Brian9391

Ovi Store, cannot access or download.

I've had so much trouble with my E71. The problems seem to presist after every attempt of recovery I make.

It all started with my e-mail set up. It got to the point to were my inbox would not sync messages to my hotmail account. i got so frustrated with this that I formatted the memory card in hope of a major reset to the wole phone. I did not back up the files or anything. just formatted.

I now have my e-mail account set back up to norm. after a three hour conversation with my phone provider. but i soon found out that some of the apps i had downloaded from the ovi store were saved to the memory card. youtube was one of these. i tried to redownload this app and it was greyed out in the ovi store and would not let me redownload. also.. my Maps app was downloaded to my phone memory i believe. but its files like "cities" and the "qf" were on the card. but the app itself will not load. i get a data counter on the bottom right of the screen but it wont show roads or anything. just my favorited locations as a blimp. Today i found out how to factory reset. "*#7370#" and i did so. 

now i cant even acces the ovi store. I tried redownloading but all i get is an error message at the end saying somthing like "cannot install file" and my maps app still wont work. im so exhausted at all the frustration this phone has given me. im not the smartest of operators of this device as this may be obviouse, but a little inquiry would be really appretiated.

thanks.

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Ovi Store, cannot access or download.

@Brian9391

Welcome to the forum!

Concerning Ovi Maps the application has to be installed to phone memory but due to size map data has to be installed on microSD (or Mass memory on devices so equipped). Whilst not sure what firmware your E71 is running (key in *#0000# on dialler) you do need Ovi Maps v3.03 for free voice navigation available here:http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download#/nokia-e71/

Even if you delete E:\Cities + .qf file they are re-created next time you open this application.

Have you downloaded regional mapping to your E71 using Ovi Suite > Maps on your PC?

Lastly if you are not using a data enabled network access point for the Assisted GPS positioning method it can take a considerable time to lock onto position the first time that this application is used.

Don't want to confuse you any further now, so perhaps download your mapping and then post again with any further queries on this particular issue.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Counsellor
Brian9391

I tried the link suggested and it downloads the app directly to the PC. From there I'm not sure how to get the app to the phone, but that isn't my biggest problem. I would like to hande the installation of the Ovi Store first. After trying to open the Ovi store directly by clicking on the application, nothing comes up. Even when I left soft key: options>open I still get nothing. The phone acts as if I'm not even selecting anything. Earlyer today I went through my phone and removed the icon (and hopefully all of its contents) from my phone thinking I could start the whole procces over again, but still no luck. When I start to install the Ovi Store I get all the way through the "installation" screen, then a simple message: "file not found" appears, and goes back to the ovi store instalation page.

1. Is there a file I could have deleted in the factory reset that is required to get the Ovi Store?

also...

after keying in *#0000# on the dialler, I get this:

02-06-2010

RM-357

Nokia E71-2 (403)

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Brian9391

Unfortunately there now seem issues implementing Ovi Store upon some S69 3rd FP1 devices, you could look at this thread which worked on my N95 but pretty sure that this workaround no longer applies:/t5/Ovi-com-Ovi-Store-Ovi-Share-and/Can-t-use-ovi-store-nokia-n95/m-p/1054273/message-uid/1054273/hi...

If you device connected in PC Suite (Ovi Suite mode) to PC upon which Ovi Suite installed, you only need to double click on downloaded Ovi Maps .sis for it to be installed on device after prompt.

Counsellor
Brian9391

[ Edited ]

I'm now aware that there is different types of maps available. The "OVI Maps" wich loads the data of the users location on prompt, then just "maps" wich is a spacific instllation of a region of the world that can be installed onto the memory card, (but very large of a file) 

I tried what you told me about the .sis file, but still no luck. I can load the application and it brings up my location with a big red circle, but... theres no roads, no landmarks... nothing. just the red circle and the empty tan background of nothing.

any other suggestions?

and thanks for the help by the way. its pretty bad when your forced to get support about something by the person next to you rather than the one who invinted it because they wont help.

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Brian9391 wrote:

I'm now aware that there is different types of maps available. The "OVI Maps" wich loads the data of the users location on prompt, then just "maps" which is a spacific installation of a region of the world

I tried what you told me about the .sis file, but still no luck. I can load the application and it brings up my location with a big red circle, but... theres no roads, no landmarks... nothing. just the red circle and the empty tan background of nothing.

Mapping data remains the same irrespective of how it gets upon your device either if Ovi Maps "Online" or downloaded using Ovi Suite > Maps.

It should not be a big pink circle which implies inaccurate position based on cell tower triangulation, but a small red circle with a black ring around it and a white ring outside this one.

Counsellor
Brian9391

I will post the remainder of issues of the Maps on the other thread

/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Ovi-maps-wont-load-data-No-roads/m-p/1131009#M36219

Counsellor
Brian9391

Got the ovi store situation under control now. A nokia support rep. had to contact me and help out.

For anyone with the same issue. Just contact nokia via E-mail and work from there. youll soon get the problem fixed.