Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Ovi Store will not let me re-download apps that I ...

JonathanM41

Ovi Store will not let me re-download apps that I lost after formatting. How can I solve this??

Hi, I own a Nokia N97. I recently had to format my memory after "Flipfont" almost brick my phone (Some how I got it to come on after the app almost killed my phone so DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!) It's a long story but I ended up having to format my memory to get rid of it. After formatting my mass memory I went to the Ovi Store app to try and re-download all my old apps. I went to the "My Stuff" slide and tried to download the apps that I had lost but, when I opened the page for downloading a app that I had before the "Download" was dark grey and unresponsive when I clicked on it. Then I when to te ovi store on my computer and deleted all the apps that I want to re-download from my Ovi download history but, that didn't work ether. I figure that maybe there are some fragments of the old apps still on my phone that are preventing me from re-downloading them but really, I don't know why this is happening or how to solve this problem. Please help

--Thanks  

Advisor

Re: Ovi Store will not let me re-download apps that I lost after formatting. How can I solve this??

I'm having the same problem but with my 5800, Have formatted my Micro SD card and when I go to download all the apps I had before the download button is grayed out and I am unable to redownload them. The last time I had this it was because there was still something from the app on my phone however since I formatted the memory card where all the apps where stored I don't think this is the case and I am unable to find them in file manager or app manager. How do I fix this?
Contributor

Re: Ovi Store will not let me re-download apps that I lost after formatting. How can I solve this??

Im having the same problem on 5530 I think its because of logs I managed to find the logs of the applications in the application manager in settings and all my old apps are still there but i cant find any way to delete these logs
Sage
angelrico101

Hi,

For any unit model, after reformatting the memory card or sending the unit for service, the Ovi store will not allow you to re download the application. However, it will still be saved in the Nokia system as a purchase by you. What you can do is call Nokia Careline and request for these applications. They will require your unit information such as IMEI, mobile number, etc.

You will then receive an SMS with a link for you to be able to re-download the application you previously purchased. However, it would take some time for they have to escalate it to certain department. 

The link that will be sent to you would expire in 2 hours(after you reveive it) so you need to give them a preferred time of the day for you to attend to it. If for instance you've missed the 2 hours allowance for you to re-download it, you could always call Nokia to request for it again to be sent again.

Hope this helps.

Your Nokia Angel in disguise
Advisor

I emailed Support and got a reply asking for the details you said however I never got any link, I got a email saying I can re-download the applications on ovi however when I went back I still could not download them, I then decided to see if the web browser would work and interestingly enough it worked. I got a message saying that the file already exists but I have no idea where the downloaded files are so am unable to check and remove them.
DKdano

[ Edited ]

Hephey... iam glad to inform all of u that urs truly here, have found a solution....

Hehe well not a perfect one, but it works !

just open the internet browser on ur devise and go to ovistore.com Log in and re-download ur apps, the button is high lighted there, so it can be clicked and it works "wuhuu" :smileyhappy:.....

Do not let it open Ovimarket keep closeing it when it pops up.. u must download direct from ovistore.com

But come on Nokia...! Soooo many post here with this same problem. Some of them with post dates over a year ago..!!

And this is on UR OWN forums and not one qualified answer....!

Get it fixed.... 

Counsellor
whybew

[ Edited ]

YAY! I found a way to redownload the lost apps!

Apparently you only have to

1) turn on your PC, go to ovistore with your browser

2) connect your handset to your PC

3) find the app that you want to redownload

4) click on the 'SEND TO FRIEND' button

5) *** now, go to the URL bar of the browser, you should see something like this:
   http://store.ovi.com/content/807288A.../send-to-friend

good luck!

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited as it contains an unapproved method of downloading an application from Ovi Store.

Registered Member
NikkyBissoon

[ Edited ]

I cannot upload pics nor can i connect to WLAN.

whybew wrote:

YAY! I found a way to redownload the lost apps!

Apparently you only have to

1) turn on your PC, go to ovistore with your browser

2) connect your handset to your PC

3) find the app that you want to redownload

4) click on the 'SEND TO FRIEND' button

5) *** now, go to the URL bar of the browser, you should see something like this:
   http://store.ovi.com/content/807288A.../send-to-friend

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Unapproved method of downloading an application from Ovi Store has been removed.

Registered Member
7nightwing7

The fix is not working anymore. Damn, how do i get my downloaded aps back.

mariaa

[ Edited ]

DKdano wrote:

Hephey... iam glad to inform all of u that urs truly here, have found a solution....

Hehe well not a perfect one, but it works !

just open the internet browser on ur devise and go to ovistore.com Log in and re-download ur apps, the button is high lighted there, so it can be clicked and it works "wuhuu" :smileyhappy:.....

Do not let it open Ovimarket keep closeing it when it pops up.. u must download direct from ovistore.com

But come on Nokia...! Soooo many post here with this same problem. Some of them with post dates over a year ago..!!

And this is on UR OWN forums and not one qualified answer....!

Get it fixed.... 

ohhh i just tried it again and kept exiting the markett. i shouldve read ur responce better.. thankyouu!

Sage
angler

Just wonder why Nokia set such limitation for user to re-download the purchased application.  Buyer has log in and install or re-install the paid application in Ovi Store.  Why did user has lost his own right after the 5 times re-downloading?  There is NO such ridiculous limitation in Apple Store nor Android Marketplace.  This issue is not fresh in Ovi Store but lasts for year around.  Why did Nokia not rectify this cracy limit?  Why waste support time for such nonsensible restriction?  This may be the reason why Nokia is lossing market share comparing to other smart phone.

angler
Registered Member
alchemdekara

I have nokia E71 and I reformated my phone memory. While I have an ovistore or did, the application wont open. I tried re-installing but after it goes through the process of preparing and installing, it says "file not found" how do i reinstall ovi store without it saying that.

I just want to put apps back on my phone that I payed for but can't without ovistore.

manojsaha

I have wasted almost two days trying everything.  Then I googled and find this suitable solution. This is simply great... thanks to all for posting such a practical solution.

Registered Member
surajtjdtg

am using nokia 5233. I can't downloading from ovi store. When i am downloadin any app it always show greyed or unresponsiable to download the app. I did unstalled client platform and all related to nokia ovi store. Then i update my ovi store and signin my nokia account but again it is not work. Please help me
Thank u
Contributor
Ludilo

[ Edited ]

This is so CRAZY! You guys edit out a way for us to get back apps that we lose when we have to reimage the phone because your useless software keeps killing itself every few months.  INSANE! No wonder Nokia has lost the phone wars.

How can you be so inconsiderate of your loyal user community?  I've held on to my n8 despite so much more attractive gear from Samsung et. al.  And what do I get for it? I can't re-install FREE (note that: FREE!!!) apps from your ridiculous store.

GREAT SUPPORT, Nokia!  You should br proud.

Really.

Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

@Ludilo if your app is still in the Nokia Store does this help? For paid apps, please, use the Nokia Suite …

Ludilo wrote:

I've held on to my n8

Please, continue there …

Contributor
Ludilo

[ Edited ]

@Abi99  thank you very much for your more measured reply:-)  I was a little hot under the collar, as it was just too frustrating to have everything I need at my fingertips ... but not be able to login to the darned Ovi store!

Yes, I found the same info you provided on another link ... though it took me most of an evening before I discovered it.  And then I happily proceeded to re-download all the free stuff that Ovi simply won't let me do "legitimately" using this trick.

So, my n8 is back in almost-perfect form.  The one thing I simply can't figure out how to work around is to get the Sesame Street app reinstalled for my young granddaughter (100th Day of School).  I got a bunch of leads, and I downloaded the SIS file, but I simply can't get that to install.  It keeps trying to do a second download of "something", which always fails, and then tells me to continue the install later ... which just repeats the same scenario.  It was working fine before the rebuild on the n8, but ... c'est la vie, right?

And thanks for the detail re. the ipv6 thing.  Therein lies the rub for me ... I'm running the latest Anna (last release prior to Belle), and I really don't want to move off that.  I don't like the Belle inerface.  And Anna does everything I need ... except get me to Ovi, but now I have a work-around:-)

Once again, thank you kindly for taking the higher road. I should have reacted better.  Lesson learned:-)

Moderator's note: This post is edited. Discussion of any unauthorized tools or provided unauthorized files are not allowed in the forum.

Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Ludilo wrote:

How to […] get the Sesame Street app reinstalled […] (100th Day of School)?

That app is based on the Qt Framework. I had a quick look with my Ethernet swith with port mirroring enabled: While installing, the Nokia Smart Installer loads the glib.six (Open C GLibrary Patch; Symbian Anna only) and the gstreamer.sisx (GStream Multimedia Framework; Symbian Anna and Nokia Belle Refresh). Those SISX were code-signed from 22nd of June 2011 till 22nd of December 2012. With that, the installation of that app worked here on my Nokia N8 with Symbian Anna. Consequently:

Please, go for Nokia N8 » Menu » Settings » Time and date » Date » and change the date back to 2012. Did that helped you too?

Ludilo wrote:

I happily proceeded to re-download all the free stuff.

Aren’t you able to download your paid apps via the Nokia Suite? Please, confirm, then I investigate that as well.

Contributor
Ludilo

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much, @Abi99 !

Sorry for the delayed feedback ... lots of family stuff going on in the past few weeks, good and bad.

Anyway, yes, I too came to the date-problem conclusion.  So, I found a SISX explorer app, and looked into what's in the install package I have - can't recall now where I finally found it, but it's called CelebrateSchool100Day_installerunsigned_106_406787.sis and is 15,388KB in my Windows explorer view.  In there, I saw the certificate thing.  There are two certs, one time-stamped 2010-2020, the other 2010-2015 (see attached).  Perhaps that wide date range is why they label it "unsigned"?  Regardless, I thought that there would be no need to change the time setting - a trick which I also discovered in poking around for how to circumvent this lunacy.

However, I respect your deeper knowledge of the Symbian platform, so I tried your more precise date approach, setting the date to today's, with year 2012, i.e. Dec 8, 2012.  (On my Anna (025.008), this mandates turning off the "Automatic time update" as well.)  Same failure ... starts fine, then does its two-step, and cancels the install.  The most frustrating part is that it doesn't give you any hint of WHAT failed.  Just "failed".

Like I said, I'll have to give up - though it pains me, because I really wanted to make my granddaughter happy.  She'd be so  surprised if I had this back!  It'd be a nice Christmas present:-)

Regardless, THANK YOU so much for all your effort!

P.S. Re. the paid apps - that's a non-issue, as I have all the SIS files for those, and they all re-loaded fine.  Only this darned Elmo guy!

Contributor
Ludilo

[ Edited ]

@Abi99 ... one more interesting follow-up.  You wrote:

... While installing, the Nokia Smart Installer loads the glib.six (Open C GLibrary Patch; Symbian Anna only) and the gstreamer.sisx (GStream Multimedia Framework; Symbian Anna and Nokia Belle Refresh). Those SISX were code-signed from 22nd of June 2011 till 22nd of December 2012.

So ... I downloaded the individual sisx's you kindly included (thanks!).  I checked them with my SISX Explorer, and can verify exactly what you pointed out re. effective dates of the certs.  But here's the crazy thing ... With my date set to Dec 8, 2012, and with the "Auto date update" turned off, AND with the n8 rebooted ... I tried to install the gstreamer app ... failed, with message "certificate expired"!  So, now I'm intrigued ... how the heck does that compute?  How can it tell me the cert's expired, when my phone's date is still in the date range???

I even tried setting the date to Dec 8, 2011 - even "deeper" into the certificate's valid date range ... same FAILED result!

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Symbian to figure out how to obviate this.  I'm a career IT pro, but this simply stumps me.  Any thoughts? ... I thought perhaps you're using a different 100th Day installer ... but the fact that I tried installing the gstreamer/glib sis files directly and still had certificate failure ... I think that rules out that possibility.  So ... I'm stumped!