Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Security number

Accepted Solution

Security number

I never reset my phone security number. Actually I never use it. but recently I have changed my number and got a new SIM. I inserted and restart the phone. On start it asked for security code, which i don't know. I have google it, and found that the default security code is 12345. I provided the same but says it wrong security code. anybody can help to know the security code, because of this I am unable to use my phone with new SIM.
Employee
adamf

Re: Security number

Read this thread.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=hardware&thread.id=395
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: Security number

You'll have to take the phone to a Nokia Care Point so that they can reset it.

Note that:

- you must put the old SIM in and do a full backup because the reset process will wipe your phone clean.

- you must provide the NCP with proof of ownership so they know it definitely is your phone they're dealing with

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!